Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

FinKone
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2012 20:29
Contact:

Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby FinKone » Wed 15 May 2013 23:59

Ok well the main point behind this topic is that the chinook honestly is a fast monster. Even the 1960's release of it, it was able to move 315km/h ...

It is currently slower then the Blackhawk, costs the same, and has slightly more health, while being very large.

What I think would be a good adjustment, is making it so that its 5 bucks more, 315km/h, just a small adjustment and input...

Was on a chinook jump today and was BS'in with the crew guys... one of them plays ALB... I asked him what he thinks about it and he said it would sh-t all over a blackhawk, even back then.

Not asking for anything crazy, just asking that you make the stats correct, and charge 5 bucks more thus giving a point...

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby orcbuster » Thu 16 May 2013 00:19

If chopper speed was realistically portrayed the MI-24s would be faster than the suypercobras (they are slower in the game). It's just a detail to make the difference between the two more meaningfull.
Last edited by orcbuster on Thu 16 May 2013 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Viker for ingen!

Falcrack
Lieutenant
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat 18 Feb 2012 21:10
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby Falcrack » Thu 16 May 2013 00:20

FinKone wrote:Was on a chinook jump today and was BS'in with the crew guys... one of them plays ALB... I asked him what he thinks about it and he said it would sh-t all over a blackhawk, even back then.


Well yeah, a Chinook crew member would say that, wouldn't he?

That's like asking ikalugin who would win had war broken out between Nato and the Warsaw Pact in 1985.

User avatar
grimreffer2
Warrant Officer
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 02:35
Location: Red City, MARS.
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby grimreffer2 » Thu 16 May 2013 00:23

Well it doesn't just have "Small health". It's bigger and can absorb more damage then any other transport chopper in the game, thus making it good for infantry support. Although I don't like using it, my friend uses it against the A.I a lot and has good success with it. Black-Hawk on the other-hand packs more firepower and speed, but sacrifices armor.(although in real life the Black-hawk can take a lot of hits before going down, which is why it's the main Helo of today's modern army.)

I'll make a stat kinda chart,

-Chinook-
Can take massive amounts of damage before routing/destroyed.
Has decent fire-power, which is excellent for supporting ground troops.
Faster then the Huey.

-Black-Hawk-
More Fire-power(has two Gatling guns on both sides.) and is good for taking out LAVs and support ground troops.
Fastest chopper in the game(I think)
Armor is average, which can take some damage but not a lot.

I personally love the Huey(although the Black-Hawk is my favorite Helo in real life) because it's cheap mobile, and can lay down some fire. If you get the twin engine Huey, it has more fire-power and is faster then the Chinook. But thing is with Hueys, is they have very little to no Armor.
1st Lt. Jason Scott, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Spoiler : :
Omfg it's 43 pixels above their requirement! Omg! Image

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 19:42
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby OmikronAnubis » Thu 16 May 2013 00:38

grimreffer2 wrote:-Chinook-
Can take massive amounts of damage before routing/destroyed.
Has decent fire-power, which is excellent for supporting ground troops.
Faster then the Huey.

-Black-Hawk-
More Fire-power(has two Gatling guns on both sides.) and is good for taking out LAVs and support ground troops.
Fastest chopper in the game(I think)
Armor is average, which can take some damage but not a lot.


The Black Hawk is nothing special. Lynx Ah.7 got the same speed, as does the Mi-24P and the Mi-35 from several pact states also. Most nato-nations have slower chopper, thats true.

User avatar
schwarzkopf
Sergeant Major
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2012 03:32
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby schwarzkopf » Thu 16 May 2013 02:06

The Chinook should be able to transport multiple squads. Maybe the game engine can't handle it?

Would be nice to have the option to purchase a package consisting of 1 Chinook + 2 rifle squads? $60 - $70?
"This game is more like pornography for armchair generals."

Daniel

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby orcbuster » Thu 16 May 2013 02:08

schwarzkopf wrote:The Chinook should be able to transport multiple squads. Maybe the game engine can't handle it?

Would be nice to have the option to purchase a package consisting of 1 Chinook + 2 rifle squads? $60 - $70?


correct, game engine can't handle it.
Image
Viker for ingen!

GermanAAGun
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat 12 Nov 2011 04:03
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby GermanAAGun » Thu 16 May 2013 02:20

solution? the game engine
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Thu 16 May 2013 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

FinKone
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2012 20:29
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby FinKone » Thu 16 May 2013 02:22

Honestly the chinook lands slower, works more sluggish, and sometimes just doesn't even fire - talking pure game mechanics here... I use the blackhawk simply because the speed, and in this case its wrong. I'm just asking to make it a bit faster and cost a bit more, not for hellfires on the damn thing lol. Not asking about the stats, I know the roles. Also, yes, after research it is faster then the blackhawk in those times.

User avatar
stug41
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue 14 Aug 2012 05:11
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby stug41 » Thu 16 May 2013 02:53

Falcrack wrote:
FinKone wrote:Was on a chinook jump today and was BS'in with the crew guys... one of them plays ALB... I asked him what he thinks about it and he said it would sh-t all over a blackhawk, even back then.


Well yeah, a Chinook crew member would say that, wouldn't he?

That's like asking ikalugin who would win had war broken out between Nato and the Warsaw Pact in 1985.


The Chinook, contrary to popular belief, is a very fast helicopter. Many large helicopters are very fast. It is faster than a blackhawk. Whether or not a pilot of a chinook claims so is irrelevant.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests