Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Kodokai
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu 9 Feb 2012 21:20
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby Kodokai » Thu 16 May 2013 03:06

orcbuster wrote:
schwarzkopf wrote:The Chinook should be able to transport multiple squads. Maybe the game engine can't handle it?

Would be nice to have the option to purchase a package consisting of 1 Chinook + 2 rifle squads? $60 - $70?


correct, game engine can't handle it.


Weird? How can a game engine not handle a feature?

User avatar
katt
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 20:42
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby katt » Thu 16 May 2013 03:07

Falcrack wrote:
FinKone wrote:Was on a chinook jump today and was BS'in with the crew guys... one of them plays ALB... I asked him what he thinks about it and he said it would sh-t all over a blackhawk, even back then.


Well yeah, a Chinook crew member would say that, wouldn't he?

That's like asking ikalugin who would win had war broken out between Nato and the Warsaw Pact in 1985.


Are you going to argue that the F-16 is faster than an F-15 now?

edit: Read mph as kmh v:
Last edited by katt on Thu 16 May 2013 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
Image
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby orcbuster » Thu 16 May 2013 03:08

Kodokai wrote:
orcbuster wrote:
schwarzkopf wrote:The Chinook should be able to transport multiple squads. Maybe the game engine can't handle it?

Would be nice to have the option to purchase a package consisting of 1 Chinook + 2 rifle squads? $60 - $70?


correct, game engine can't handle it.


Weird? How can a game engine not handle a feature?


Dunno, It's what we've been told.
Image
Viker for ingen!

User avatar
grimreffer2
Warrant Officer
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 02:35
Location: Red City, MARS.
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby grimreffer2 » Thu 16 May 2013 03:18

stug41 wrote:
The Chinook, contrary to popular belief, is a very fast helicopter. Many large helicopters are very fast. It is faster than a blackhawk. Whether or not a pilot of a chinook claims so is irrelevant.


If you're talking about Real life, then you're wrong. The Black-Hawk does 220MPh while the CH47-Chinook does 190mph. Although some Claim that the Chinook is faster, but facts are facts and claims can be false. :(
1st Lt. Jason Scott, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Spoiler : :
Omfg it's 43 pixels above their requirement! Omg! Image

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby orcbuster » Thu 16 May 2013 03:22

grimreffer2 wrote:
stug41 wrote:
The Chinook, contrary to popular belief, is a very fast helicopter. Many large helicopters are very fast. It is faster than a blackhawk. Whether or not a pilot of a chinook claims so is irrelevant.


If you're talking about Real life, then you're wrong. The Black-Hawk does 220MPh while the CH47-Chinook does 190mph. Although some Claim that the Chinook is faster, but facts are facts and claims can be false. :(


Actually, the UH-60 only does 183mph. 220mph is the never exceed speed. Basically it means that if it goes faster than this it will most likely crash.

Pays to read what the wiki page actually says.
Last edited by orcbuster on Thu 16 May 2013 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Viker for ingen!

Phoenix
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed 6 Jul 2011 14:58
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby Phoenix » Thu 16 May 2013 03:23

Kodokai wrote:Weird? How can a game engine not handle a feature?


I am not a game programmer, but to have messed up with modding, i don't think being very far from the truth:

The data must looks like this
{CHINOOK}
RANDOM_STAT = X
RANDOM_STAT = Y
RANDOM_STAT = Z
[IS_TRANSPORT] <- this is a tag
CREW = {INFANTRY}

with somewhere in the code
{transport unit} right_click {infantry unit)
->{transport unit}.crew = {infantry unit}


And in game

{UNIT 223123}
RANDOM_STAT = qsffs
RANDOM_STAT = 54465
RANDOM_STAT = qsf64
CREW = {UNIT 21321}

Allowing a transport to take 2 units would require to:
Redo the unit database for transport (Should be the easiest part)
Rewrite the transport/infantry code, and the link beetween the two. (the worst part)
Redo and add the relevant elements to the UI.
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu 16 May 2013 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

GermanAAGun
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat 12 Nov 2011 04:03
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby GermanAAGun » Thu 16 May 2013 03:23

grimreffer2 wrote:
stug41 wrote:
The Chinook, contrary to popular belief, is a very fast helicopter. Many large helicopters are very fast. It is faster than a blackhawk. Whether or not a pilot of a chinook claims so is irrelevant.


If you're talking about Real life, then you're wrong. The Black-Hawk does 220MPh while the CH47-Chinook does 190mph. Although some Claim that the Chinook is faster, but facts are facts and claims can be false. :(


"Maximum speed: 159 kt (183 mph, 295 km/h)"
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Thu 16 May 2013 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflammatory

User avatar
grimreffer2
Warrant Officer
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 02:35
Location: Red City, MARS.
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby grimreffer2 » Thu 16 May 2013 03:24

orcbuster wrote:
grimreffer2 wrote:
stug41 wrote:
The Chinook, contrary to popular belief, is a very fast helicopter. Many large helicopters are very fast. It is faster than a blackhawk. Whether or not a pilot of a chinook claims so is irrelevant.


If you're talking about Real life, then you're wrong. The Black-Hawk does 220MPh while the CH47-Chinook does 190mph. Although some Claim that the Chinook is faster, but facts are facts and claims can be false. :(


Actually, the UH-60 only does 183mph. 220mph is the never exceed speed. Basically it means that if it goes faster than this it will most likely crash.

Pays to read what the wiki page actually says.


LOL, Wiki is not a reliable source btw. And before posting I read 3-4 sources and watched a video on which one is faster.
Spoiler : :
Learn facts before posting. :roll:
Last edited by grimreffer2 on Thu 16 May 2013 03:26, edited 2 times in total.
1st Lt. Jason Scott, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Spoiler : :
Omfg it's 43 pixels above their requirement! Omg! Image

User avatar
katt
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 20:42
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby katt » Thu 16 May 2013 03:25

GermanAAGun wrote:
grimreffer2 wrote:
stug41 wrote:
The Chinook, contrary to popular belief, is a very fast helicopter. Many large helicopters are very fast. It is faster than a blackhawk. Whether or not a pilot of a chinook claims so is irrelevant.


If you're talking about Real life, then you're wrong. The Black-Hawk does 220MPh while the CH47-Chinook does 190mph. Although some Claim that the Chinook is faster, but facts are facts and claims can be false. :(

its funny when you're wrong (which is all the time)
"Maximum speed: 159 kt (183 mph, 295 km/h)"


VNE of UH-60 is ~355 kmh.

VNE of CH-47 is 315 kmh.
Image
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Chinook vs Blackhawk - same price, stupid stats. :D

Postby orcbuster » Thu 16 May 2013 03:26

grimreffer2 wrote:LOL, Wiki is not a reliable source btw. And before posting I read 3-4 sources and watched a video on which one is faster.
Spoiler : :
Learn facts before trying to act like a know it all.


Right, and I suppose you have these sources?
Image
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests