Un-nerf SEAD and Cluster

Bryan
General

Re: Un-nerf SEAD and Cluster

Postby Bryan » Thu 16 May 2013 13:25

With the assortment of AA ingame, SEAD runs have been useless as you just lose more points than you actually gain. Clusterbombs should kill infantry and light vehicles, damage against tanks should not me so much but it should stun more.
Straycat is a [...], he flames every thread about these topics, even my thread about West German AA which EVEN MADMAT AGREED should be buffed (and was!). The A-10 thread and other threads aswell. He has no idea how the situation is for the nations yet he 'knows' it all, funny how he is wrong most of the time. Guys take my advice, dont feed the trolls.
Last edited by Shifu on Mon 27 May 2013 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Thu 16 May 2013 13:32

I don't know if this is glitch or nerf issue, but I just clustered a group of six tanks (mig29m, 3Leo2A4, 3?), with no kills. No aa, straight in run, plane evac'd straight after. Appeared as if it had no effect.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Thu 16 May 2013 13:33

probably a nerf issue.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

stray cat
Staff Sergeant

Postby stray cat » Thu 16 May 2013 13:33

With the assortment of AA ingame, SEAD runs have been useless as you just lose more points than you actually gain. Clusterbombs should kill infantry and light vehicles, damage against tanks should not me so much but it should stun more.
Straycat is a [...], he flames every thread about these topics, even my thread about West German AA which EVEN MADMAT AGREED should be buffed (and was!). The A-10 thread and other threads aswell. He has no idea how the situation is for the nations yet he 'knows' it all, funny how he is wrong most of the time. Guys take my advice, dont feed the trolls.

Wrong.

1. L2SEAD. A well used Raven kills 5-8 aa vehicles during a match.
2. They "buffed" german AA by adding more rolands for the people who are too stupid/unexperienced to use AA guns, which germany has the best of in the whole game.
3. A10 is supreme over any cluster plane. Why? Figure that out yourself.
Last edited by Shifu on Mon 27 May 2013 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote

stray cat
Staff Sergeant

Postby stray cat » Thu 16 May 2013 13:34

I don't know if this is glitch or nerf issue, but I just clustered a group of six tanks (mig29m, 3Leo2A4, 3?), with no kills. No aa, straight in run, plane evac'd straight after. Appeared as if it had no effect.

No effect as in no damage at all or did they get damaged but not killed? Could be a lucky miss.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Thu 16 May 2013 13:35

Nada effect...

Waste of a strike actually...

ArkHam330
Sergeant

Postby ArkHam330 » Thu 16 May 2013 13:42

I guess StrayCat is actually playing agains AI. It's the only explanation.

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Postby Skyenet » Thu 16 May 2013 13:44

You probably missed if they took no damage. Where they moving? Your pilots won't take that into account when dropping apparently.

I also have great success with SEAD and cluster bombs, and barely noticed the change, since I always deployed hillariously over-sized strikes anyway.

Also, when the original SEAD nerf was unveiled, I believe it was said to be part of a larger effort to rebalance AA and aircraft, but only the SEAD data was ready. If I remember correctly a bigger difference between radar and IR AA was mentioned.

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Thu 16 May 2013 13:56

stray cat wrote:

Wrong.

1. L2SEAD. A well used Raven kills 5-8 aa vehicles during a match.
2. They "buffed" german AA by adding more rolands for the people who are too stupid/unexperienced to use AA guns, which germany has the best of in the whole game.
3. A10 is supreme over any cluster plane. Why? Figure that out yourself.

Those AA guns are also radar, germany has no NON-radar aa.
And turning off ALL of your aa everytime a SEAD passes by doesnt solve the problem.
Last edited by Shifu on Mon 27 May 2013 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Thu 16 May 2013 14:37

Skyenet wrote:You probably missed if they took no damage. Where they moving? Your pilots won't take that into account when dropping apparently.

I also have great success with SEAD and cluster bombs, and barely noticed the change, since I always deployed hillariously over-sized strikes anyway.

Also, when the original SEAD nerf was unveiled, I believe it was said to be part of a larger effort to rebalance AA and aircraft, but only the SEAD data was ready. If I remember correctly a bigger difference between radar and IR AA was mentioned.

Stationary, targets...smoke around them...direct hit.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”