Player levels need to be publicly visible in game lobbies

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Re: Player levels need to be publicly visible in game lobbie

Postby Skyenet » Fri 17 May 2013 10:17

Some sort of indication that this is someone's first game might be worth it, but generally the levels being visible was far more trouble than it was worth, since they gave the false impression that a Level 100 is better than a Level 30 and made finding a game for anyone who was level 100 and didn't care who they played against really hard.

Communazi
Sergeant Major

Postby Communazi » Fri 17 May 2013 10:20

naizarak wrote:I'm really not understanding what the dilemma is. Your level grows proportionally with the amount of time you spend in-game. That is the most basic definition of "experience." Look it up if you have your doubts.

Plenty of people who have been playing since W:EE who for all accounts lack both skill and knowledge for various reasons. Especially given this game hands out XP and ranks to even counter-productive players.

Seeigel
Staff Sergeant

Postby Seeigel » Fri 17 May 2013 10:33

From my experience with only games high levels dont mean that much. (shall I mention World of Tanks? There you can be happy if your player with 20k battles know how to move forwards. Shouldnt he know everything about the game?)

Also, if levels are important to get into some games I am sure some people will start to level as fast as possible. And normally that doesnt include making few games which give you alot of exp but making alot of game which give you few exp. Maybe a tacitc to archiv that would be rushing or collecting as many command points as possible. Or just play ALOT against the AI. People will be creative to get a high level.

moodygnome
Sergeant

Postby moodygnome » Fri 17 May 2013 11:22

I am a complete noob as I never played W:EE so don't know about the history of problems with levels in MP. I do remember when I first got the beta of WALB I got kicked out of MP lobbies and never knew why. I guess it was because I wasn't a high enough level and it was at the time the levels were shown.

Would it not be simple to have a set of lobbies for each different level? So a 0-10 lobby, a 11-20 lobby etc? You wouldn't be allowed to join a lobby out of your relative skill/experience level.

Can still have some open lobbies so you can play with who you want if you are not bothered about playing a higher/lower level player

FirmusPiett
Lieutenant

Postby FirmusPiett » Fri 17 May 2013 11:30

Lol 'it means nothing'
Anybody heard of a correlation before?

Showing somebody's ranked level is even less of a reliable indication.

Khan
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Khan » Fri 17 May 2013 12:00

moodygnome wrote:Would it not be simple to have a set of lobbies for each different level? So a 0-10 lobby, a 11-20 lobby etc? You wouldn't be allowed to join a lobby out of your relative skill/experience level.

+1

sounds interresting

or a option that allowed ppl hide or show their own lvl

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 17 May 2013 13:26

I want to know if my teammates are N00bz that dont know how to play or experienced players, I say add it back. Hate playing with noobs that screw the whole team over.

samba_liten
Master Sergeant

Postby samba_liten » Fri 17 May 2013 13:37

If you check the stats screen, you will see that you get xp from the campaign as well now, so maybe the problem will be partially fixed once we get that.

Also, i'd really like ELO ratings to apply to all games, not just ranked. I think that would help alot!
"Мы вас похороним!"

Никита Хрущев

[... B]ecause in Soviet Russia, everyone else goes to Gulag for summer.

Gopblin

Zhein
Staff Sergeant

Postby Zhein » Fri 17 May 2013 13:49

Bryan wrote:I want to know if my teammates are N00bz that dont know how to play or experienced players, I say add it back. Hate playing with noobs that screw the whole team over.

30k games E-100 350 eff.

Siema ?

Call me when the number of games is related to level (past the 15 first games when you learn how it works).

nutegunray
Command Sergeant Major

Postby nutegunray » Fri 17 May 2013 13:50

If you don't wanna play with NooBz, then get some friends to play with you... I rarely play with randoms, so when I got a buddy online we do 3v3, with one slot reserved on our team for a random, if they are good, great, if they are noobs, we try to educate them... however the latter seems to be problematic ans they chose to ignore all, even basic advice... but still...

Plus ELO score is totally out of whack, since 90% of ranked games are 1v1 or 2v2 at best it only shows how lucky or good they may be at avoiding early spam, or executing it themselves... I noticed that people who ahve higher ELO rating (a minority but more than complete randoms) tend to try to do all kinds of ninja on 3v3 and 4v4's with rangers in the back and silly stuff like that... which fails and just shows you how the ranked games have different game-style over regular 3v3 and up games.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Fri 17 May 2013 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”