Reworded now that I'm not enraged anymore:
Basically, all US infantry got accuracy nerfs on their main weapons this patch. All are 7 now except 8 for Rangers and 9 for Delta.
Apparently it was done because now the M60 is the only NATO LMG with more than 875m range. First of all, I don't understand why LMGs needed to be rebalanced like this, and I don't understand what makes the M60 so special. But that doesn't explain the whole picture, because even the US infantry without the now special M60 got their accuracy nerfed too: Light Riflemen with their M240, Deltas with their Stoner, Rangers who have no LMG.
The problem isn't that an individual US infantry unit is mediocre or weak compared to most others in it's category. The problem is that they pretty much all are, now. There's now very little incentive to take US infantry into your mixed NATO deck unless you really really like LAVs and value the extra M60 range (I don't, make it 875m too if you ask me).
- Except for the LMG range and their numbers, US Marines are worse than all other NATO shock troops. They have 15 men, but in case you were thinking that was justification: they're also significantly worse than the 15 man marine units Morskaya Pehota and Niebiesky Berety. The shock troops of Poland, for example, are not better statistically than Morskaya Pehota to make up for the numbers difference in the way that you may argue that NATO shock troops are.
- Riflemen are less potent in nearly every scenario than British, French, Danish, German, Norwegian, Canadian, etc regulars. Unless you're defending a town or edge of a forest from dismounted infantry moving in from open ground (that extra range on the M60 is really useful, isnt it?).
- Delta Force have the stats of Soviet and most NATO shock troops, not special forces (where some countries are 10+ acc with Carl Gustavs). Why get 6 veteran Delta Force when I can get 8 veteran Stormer with better stats and mechanized transports? They're simply not in the class of a SF unit anymore.
- Light Riflemen still make no sense. Some people say they like them but I don't get it. They have a 7 acc rifle with the now-standard 875m range on their LMG, and probably the worst infantry ATGM in the game. And they only come in helicopters or unarmed and unarmored ground transports. They serve no purpose whatsoever.
- Rangers still have their size going for them, but now they can't be used as shock troops in a pinch. Now I'd probably go with MarineJeger nine times out of ten when selecting infantry recon for a mixed deck.
TL;DR - the US infantry roster now barely offers anything interesting worthy of mixed decks and is inferior to the Soviet roster across the board except for a little extra LMG range. IMO buff Deltas and US Marines to put them on the level of other SF and Marine/shock troops (respectively). Everything else would be OK IMO then. Not asking for overpowered 'Murican super men, just one or two units that stand out.