No Time Limit Total Destruction 10v10 Server?

thecaptain
Corporal

No Time Limit Total Destruction 10v10 Server?

Postby thecaptain » Tue 21 May 2013 00:30

Sure, it's completely insane and the game would probably last for hours and hours... (and a lot of players would eventually D/C). Yet, I feel like a lot of 10v10's end right when they're starting to get good. I'd like to see the occasional game go closer to the bitter, bitter end when all the high powered tanks and jets are used up, supply trucks are depleted, and the battle becomes a desperate slog with second line troops, MBT's without cannon ammo, and roving platoons of cheap truck mounted infantry. My favorite part of a good Total Destruction game is when I'm out of a favored unit and I have to make do with whatever units I have left... using my remaining bmp/razvedki to bulk up assaults because I'm out of motorstrelki; using AA shilkas as makeshift infantry support vehicles; using empty APC's as recon and flank security; capturing enemy supply trucks to refuel my MBT's... These situations tend not to happen in to me in 10v10 because I'm unlikely to run through much of my deck before the point limit is reached.

Plus, this server would make a high availability/unit count 10v10 deck more useful, as you'd be more likely to need those extra reserves of supply trucks, infantry, and second line tanks. As PACT, in a fair few games I've been behind by a substantial point deficit in 4v4 Total Destruction games, only to pull out a victory once NATO starts running out of expensive units and can no longer effectively defend command sectors.

I think it's worth having one No Time Limit TD server out of the bunch!
Last edited by thecaptain on Tue 21 May 2013 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

AGTMADCAT
Corporal

Re: No Time Limit Total Destruction 10v10 Server?

Postby AGTMADCAT » Tue 21 May 2013 00:33

thecaptain wrote:Sure, it's completely insane and the game would probably last for hours and hours... (and a lot of players would eventually D/C). Yet, I feel like a lot of 10v10's end right when they're starting to get good. I'd like to see the occasional game go closer to the bitter, bitter end when all the high powered tanks and jets are used up, supply trucks are depleted, and the battle becomes a desperate slog with second line troops, MBT's without cannon ammo, and roving platoons of cheap truck mounted infantry. Plus, this server would make a high availability/unit count 10v10 deck more useful, as you'd be more likely to need those extra reserves of supply trucks, infantry, and second line tanks. As PACT, in a fair few games I've been behind by a substantial point deficit in 4v4 Total Destruction games, only to pull out a victory once NATO starts running out of expensive units and can no longer effectively defend command sectors.

Heartily agreed! Yes please! I would love to devote a good portion of a day to this sort of epic game. What are weekends for, after all? :D
-AGT

Torrisco
Colonel

Re: No Time Limit Total Destruction 10v10 Server?

Postby Torrisco » Tue 21 May 2013 01:04

AGTMADCAT wrote:
thecaptain wrote:Sure, it's completely insane and the game would probably last for hours and hours... (and a lot of players would eventually D/C). Yet, I feel like a lot of 10v10's end right when they're starting to get good. I'd like to see the occasional game go closer to the bitter, bitter end when all the high powered tanks and jets are used up, supply trucks are depleted, and the battle becomes a desperate slog with second line troops, MBT's without cannon ammo, and roving platoons of cheap truck mounted infantry. Plus, this server would make a high availability/unit count 10v10 deck more useful, as you'd be more likely to need those extra reserves of supply trucks, infantry, and second line tanks. As PACT, in a fair few games I've been behind by a substantial point deficit in 4v4 Total Destruction games, only to pull out a victory once NATO starts running out of expensive units and can no longer effectively defend command sectors.

Heartily agreed! Yes please! I would love to devote a good portion of a day to this sort of epic game. What are weekends for, after all? :D
-AGT

+1

Most of te times te battle ends in the most interesting part, + i have to say that many times pact win in 10v10 because when nato start to push them back and earn more points, the limit is reached and finish the battle in minor win for pact or sometimes draw