nerf air

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: nerf air

Postby Hidden Gunman » Wed 22 May 2013 03:06

Air doesn't need a nerf.

What is needed is for a limit on the amount of aircraft a player can bring to a 3v3 and 4v4 game. 10v10 is a bit of a yippee shoot, so let the Tom Cruise wannabes get their jollies.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

leroy11
First Sergeant

Postby leroy11 » Wed 22 May 2013 06:21

iwancoppa wrote:Since the aa nerf, ground based aa, even in large numbers is now an unreliable way to defend against air attacks. Air spammers are rejoicing and telling people to use fighters etc.....

Good.

Seriously why should there be a "reliable" way to defend against air attacks. If theres a reliable way to stop it why even have it in. Theres no reliable way to stop tanks or infantry or anything. If there was you would just do that each game and it wouldnt be fun.

There was really no reason to take Air power when someone could just put out a few Hawks/Buks with Chaps/Tunguska on IR and say "job done".

You now actually have to fight the air war like you have to fight the ground war. By using decks slots and by thinking about the tactic that you and opponent will use.

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Wed 22 May 2013 06:25

Hidden Gunman wrote:Air doesn't need a nerf.

What is needed is for a limit on the amount of aircraft a player can bring to a 3v3 and 4v4 game. 10v10 is a bit of a yippee shoot, so let the Tom Cruise wannabes get their jollies.

The F-14 demands more kills in 3v3 and 4v4, shut your mouth. :x

Grazgul
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Grazgul » Wed 22 May 2013 06:44

Hidden Gunman wrote:Air doesn't need a nerf.

Excuse me, some of us like to use Migs to pick off retarded NATO players!

10v10 is a bad game mode for balance discussion, I have to agree with you there. You see all kinds of crazy things (I lost to a chopper army, lets not talk about that though). 1v1 to 4v4 is where the balance needs to be and imho the two sides are very evenly matched.

If your opponent is bad enough to burn all his points on aircraft, then you will win. This is no different to any other cheese build in any other game really, you just learn to counter it, learn to see when it's coming and you take the easy win.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Wed 22 May 2013 07:46

Not to be a party pooper, but this is how I use AA when I use it. AAA goes in the forest around a defensive perimeter, then I have IRMs as a shield for them, aswell when the AAA stuns the aircraft the IRMs have a huge chance of hitting them, then I have Radar missiles in the back, this way if the bomber escapes my first to AA defenses, the last will surly get it.
Also, take the persons advice. This game is pretty much revolved around Air superiority and tank superiority. First get control of the Air, then advance you tanks with bomber and interceptor support. If BUKs are targeting your planes, just launch some Ravens out at them. =J

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Wed 22 May 2013 09:16

That drew the crabs :lol:

The tune will change when more people feel the pain of my four Su22M4's.

Spartan0536
Staff Sergeant

Postby Spartan0536 » Wed 22 May 2013 09:21

Hidden Gunman wrote:That drew the crabs :lol:

Remember NATO players also get access to 4 F-15C's as well :)
If your rifleman cant hit it your marksman can; if your marksman cant hit it your sniper can, if your sniper cant hit it your air/arty assets can, if your air/arty assets cant hit it then F*** that guy he isn't even concerned about you anyway!

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Wed 22 May 2013 09:23

Once enemy SEAD aircraft are taken care of, I've found radar AA to be awesome now. Its finally in a good place!

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Wed 22 May 2013 09:33

Spartan0536 wrote:
Hidden Gunman wrote:That drew the crabs :lol:

Remember NATO players also get access to 4 F-15C's as well :)

In my last game, the issue for Nato was 'had' F-15C's. 6 birry's behind a treeline kind of solved that problem...

But yes, I do agree, and I won't go back down my latest tune of air decks in 3v3/4v4 :P

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Wed 22 May 2013 09:39

I play as Sweden and our AA suck. Even Canada may have better AA since the buff to the ADATS , the only nation that has worst AA is Norway. But our air is great.

When playing as Sweden it is essential to get the air superiority and it is possible. I nearly only really on my air superiority fighter for AA. Taking out the enemy's bombers is of highest priority.
There are only 2 buffs that I would like to see when it comes to AA and air the first is best explained in this tread http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=29134 and the second one is to take away the auto evac it makes bombers to hard to take down with anything

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”