nerf air

KeyLord
Command Sergeant Major

Re: nerf air

Postby KeyLord » Wed 22 May 2013 09:41

Stingers/iglas/javs are cheap as chips, and with a few of them scattered about they are virtually undetectable and will kill aircraft 10x their value. Air is powerful, but they can easily be scared off/killed with rockets emerging from bushes across the battlefield.

Babubudu
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Babubudu » Wed 22 May 2013 09:46

Any way I am happy now - more interesting and realistic than we had before.
But must agree, maybe it would be wise to somehow fix availability of air-forces. Maybe by increasing point cost for air units? Or just by adjusting low cost airplanes price, as I saw there's no problem with high cost airplanes just with low cost zergs.

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Wed 22 May 2013 09:50

Babubudu wrote:Any way I am happy now - more interesting and realistic than we had before.
But must agree, maybe it would be wise to somehow fix availability of air-forces. Maybe by increasing point cost for air units? Or just by adjusting low cost airplanes price, as I saw there's no problem with high cost airplanes just with low cost zergs.

What :shock: you never see any tomcats or other 140+ planes? I see quite a lot of them

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 22 May 2013 10:50

what needs to happen is nerf the availablity of air, not air it self.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Wed 22 May 2013 10:59

I think the problem is people saw the nerfs to non-radar and immediately took them out of their decks, so now their air defense consists of 6-8 radar vehicles, and obviously that's not enough.

Shorter range doesn't make non-radar completely useless. Any plane used near the front line is still going to risk flying within range of manpads and IR AA vehicles that you've deployed towards the front.
k

Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Leviathan » Wed 22 May 2013 11:10

Summary: spend tons of money on anti air. Mix them smart. Set them up smart. Support with CAP. Profit. I agree.

Problem: as soon as you start to move your aa screen will be a mess and will require a micro management hell. But that's the way Wargame always was I suppose.

Solution: learn to re-deploy your units lightning fast and accurate. Or build a lovely camp and wait for the foold to rush in their expensive stuff. *sigh* Defense>offense in nearly all cases. A pain, but true.

Arch
Lieutenant

Postby Arch » Wed 22 May 2013 11:17

Fighter > SAM most of the time in real life.
Fighter backed up by a SAM > Fighter most of the time in real life.
A whole lot of SAMs > Fighter.

Either take out their SAMs with ground troops, call in a plane of your own and risk it, or bring in more SAMs.

I think AA is fine as it is, in real life a single old style SAM like we have ingame is barely enough to do much more than spook a plane, but a ton of those and even the best plane has some trouble not getting hit.
Solution: Bring in your own airpower over your own airspace and bring in more SAMs.

If we were to nerf air units or buff AA, we would have the meta what we had a few patches ago where air units are completely useless bar a few rare scenarios.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”