Let's talk about F-117 and MIG-31

Babubudu
Command Sergeant Major

Let's talk about F-117 and MIG-31

Postby Babubudu » Wed 22 May 2013 06:47

Hello,

All airplanes works fine, just F-117 is somehow overpowered. I put 2 of them in my deck and usually after the game I manage to get half of my score just with them. Each strike gives me same points as the plane cost, stealth let's me use them at any point of the map, long range let's me counter AA and fast evac let's makes it hard to catch with interceptors. MIG-31 is the only thing to fear.

Don't know, but I think this need to be fixed:
Maybe this plane must be limited to 1 per deck, or it's price highly increased, or it's damage decreased.

P.S. Also it's not fair that F-14 have same range as MIG-31 (compare them in RL, NATO don't have planes like MIG-31, at this period of time MIG 31 had better radar and better missiles) so it would be great to fix a little MIG 31 (increase missile range or increase RoF, or maybe give possibility to attack few targets simultaneously so it will be closer to real stats, in this way it would be fair to decrease a little MIG-31 missile accuracy otherwise it will be too good compared to F-14).

Everything else in the air after last patch works great. Overall I am satisfied now - AA works goos, prices for air units more reasonable, gameplay more provocative.

Shade
Lieutenant

Re: Let's talk about F-117 and MIG-31

Postby Shade » Wed 22 May 2013 07:02

It could be countered by Buk.(should be used with sead planes to counter any aa)
NATO players are strange people, they keep crying pact OP instead of using their superpowers like f-117.
I care much more about f-15 ninja eagle now. 4x1000kg bombs in one run, rly?
Shade[SteelBalalaika]

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Wed 22 May 2013 07:23

It used to be countered effectively by Buk, not so much anymore.

The big problem with the damn thing is the damage for the GBU...28 damage. Iron bombs and FAB of equivalent weight only have 20. Either beef them up or lower the damage on the F117...it's not like it is made out of some magical explosive that does 50% more damage than standard HE or FAE. If anything, the equivalent weight Pact FABs should be doing more damage and higher stunning...this is clearly a case of "Oh, it's fancy and modern, let's make it uber!"
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Max_Damage
Lieutenant

Postby Max_Damage » Wed 22 May 2013 07:31

f 117 is click - delete enemy unit class. The opponent would target your tanks and kill something else by accident and also you wont shoot it down. Its super annoying unit.

I dont know what were they thinking when they made 4x 1000 kg bombs loadout of f 15.

For mig 31 i agree, it should have more capability then f 14, except for turn rate. It also could have 1100 kmh easily.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Wed 22 May 2013 07:34

Shade wrote:It could be countered by Buk.(should be used with sead planes to counter any aa)
NATO players are strange people, they keep crying pact OP instead of using their superpowers like f-117.
I care much more about f-15 ninja eagle now. 4x1000kg bombs in one run, rly?

I do have to agree, it can be very easily countered with just 1 or 2 buks, so it can't be overpowered if it can be easily countered. Also, the F-117 takes like 5mins to replenish so you can't just call it out every 20 seconds. As for the F-15E Strike Eagle, it takes awhile for it to replenish, most of the time it takes damage from the huge explosion it makes, taking around 3 minutes to replenish. Also, the F-15E you can only have 1 max per slot deck, and it cost 200 euros, so you have to be whiling to take a risk with it. =P

Babubudu
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Babubudu » Wed 22 May 2013 07:52

Wait till people found how deadly F-117 is, teh all USA p[layers will have 2 F-117 in their deck and this will be devastating for PACT. So it need to be fixed a.s.a.p.

P.S. Can't talk about new F-15 because have not tried it yet (maybe they have devastating bombs but at least they are visible, so we can catch them with Su-27 right? - If so then F-117 is bigger threat)

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Wed 22 May 2013 08:14

I'm 90% sure that fighters can spot F117A so a CAP is a must for every player. And about the F14A, it should be like the MiG25P since the MiG-31 is better than any NATO aircraft in its very especifical role.

stray cat
Staff Sergeant

Postby stray cat » Wed 22 May 2013 08:20

Again, newb inexperience is claiming something is OP.

L2PLAY

1. The F117 can not really cause much damage to heavier tanks.
2. It is only dangerous to players that are retarded enough to pack many units in one spot.
3. It dies from high-end AA real quick.

You are basically trying to nerf something out of existence because you were caught on the wrong end of it.

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Wed 22 May 2013 08:21

Babubudu wrote:All airplanes works fine, just F-117 is somehow overpowered. I put 2 of them in my deck and usually after the game I manage to get half of my score just with them.

They've gotten easier to use as the playerbase has expanded and just really gotten into the game. Until people start getting good again, it's probably going to feel a bit OP to use, especially if used in the right hands, like any expensive unit in Wargame ever.

The big thing to remember while discussing the F-117 is that like many planes, while it has a 3500m range, it usually drops at about 3km away from the target all the way down to 2800m or 2600m in a few cases where LoS isn't available. In some cases, I've had my F-117 drop bombs 1500m-900m away from the target, but that was doing stuff I shouldn't be doing.

Babubudu wrote:P.S. Also it's not fair that F-14 have same range as MIG-31 (compare them in RL, NATO don't have planes like MIG-31, at this period of time MIG 31 had better radar and better missiles) so it would be great to fix a little MIG 31 (increase missile range or increase RoF, or maybe give possibility to attack few targets simultaneously so it will be closer to real stats, in this way it would be fair to decrease a little MIG-31 missile accuracy otherwise it will be too good compared to F-14).

There's also twice as many Migs as there is F-14s, and the F-14 should have the capacity to target multiple jets as well, even if the Phoenix doesn't have the same range. Imho, I think they both should have been adjusted to have the lower veterancy jets available at a higher availability on either side, with high veterancy (Hardened) options available, but I think that goes for nearly every high quality jet that only comes in packs of 1.

The F-14 should equip more than simply the AIM-54s, but that would make it push air supremacy fighters like the F-15 out again. 8-)

Babubudu
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Babubudu » Wed 22 May 2013 09:40

Stray Cat - you are totally wrong, as I said when I play my F-117 manage to kill enormous amount of enemy forces meanwhile stay alive so how can you say LTP?
At this moment i see other side, usually people don't know how to use effectively F-117 and this gives us possibility to counter them (while we play as PACT), but as soon as players adopt this plane - you will see more post's with request to nerf this plane.

Also as we know USA don't have planes like MIG-31 even now, so it's not fair to make F-14 same plane and even better, simply NOT FAIR, no logic at all, same as mount laser turret on Bradley, or make MIG-29 stealth plane.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”