whats with the USSR and plane, and us and birts plane?

dassie1
Sergeant

whats with the USSR and plane, and us and birts plane?

Postby dassie1 » Wed 22 May 2013 12:21

the number of USSR aircraft, or the lack of it, which is completely not true in history. and of couse for some reason mig 23/ 27 avaliablity is quite low, despite the number of mig23/ 27 in USSR alone than in the 1980 have been close to 4000, almost equal to the total number of aircraft in nato europe alone.

mig-29 and Su-27 number stand at 1,400+ and 600+ too, so there sould be more mig-29a(x2 time per Stack) ,mig-23(X2 time per stack) mig-27 number should also be give be give a increase alos( by one plane may be).

just before you guys start saying that would make pack OP, i think US should have AA missile with better accuracy and precision for Plane, as in the real world, a aim-120 have less range but better accuracy and precision than the USSR counter parts (both R-77/AA-12 Adder ANd R-27/AA-10 Alamo have more range but less Accuracy and Precision than the Us counter parts Aim-120 and Aim-7 of the same time period). so US should have more F-15 avaliable.( 3 per stack may be) as US airforce us plane not SAM to control air space. hence the name air land battle.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: whats with the USSR and plane, and us and birts plane?

Postby Hidden Gunman » Wed 22 May 2013 12:32

Game balance, not 'historic' ratios.

Sadly, that means we don't get 48 T72's valued at 10 points each :(
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

dassie1
Sergeant

Postby dassie1 » Wed 22 May 2013 18:17

Hidden Gunman wrote:Game balance, not 'historic' ratios.

Sadly, that means we don't get 48 T72's valued at 10 points each :(

but you see 'historic' is blanced, beacuse is be Blanced by history. both side of cold war saw to over come by counter and balanced against each other. i can here say that if the dev simply copy the TOE of equipment of both side of the same time period( e.g what plane, tank and manpower.) you will only need little changes that would make a great balanced game. beacuse in the end "balancing" is what the people in both nato and pack army did for 50 years in the cold war.

Arch
Lieutenant

Postby Arch » Wed 22 May 2013 18:23

The problem is that the ranges and engagement times are far different ingame, the maps are far smaller, the tactics and battles simulated are different and there are no biological/nuclear weapons.

Also, it would make little sense ingame to make the M1 a near indestructible machine of pure death that only high end ATGMs or the T-80 can take on.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Wed 22 May 2013 18:23

I see where you're coming from, that PACT can have way more planes then any other nation. But if I know my history correctly, PACT was quantity over quality. So even though they have more planes, they have worse planes, if that makes sense. Most PACT planes can't go head to head with say, American planes, so PACT uses numbers to try and balance that scale.

grgl
Sergeant First-Class

Postby grgl » Wed 22 May 2013 18:27

EliteSniper wrote:I see where you're coming from, that PACT can have way more planes then any other nation. But if I know my history correctly, PACT was quantity over quality. So even though they have more planes, they have worse planes, if that makes sense. Most PACT planes can't go head to head with say, American planes, so PACT uses numbers to try and balance that scale.

Lots of planes from the Warsaw Pact were of high quality and very capable to take on American planes, and vice versa.

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Wed 22 May 2013 18:34

You can have your gaggle of T-72s for nothing if I can put up two dozen Apaches for a pittance. :D

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 22 May 2013 18:38

EliteSniper wrote:I see where you're coming from, that PACT can have way more planes then any other nation. But if I know my history correctly, PACT was quantity over quality. So even though they have more planes, they have worse planes, if that makes sense. Most PACT planes can't go head to head with say, American planes, so PACT uses numbers to try and balance that scale.

not really.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Wed 22 May 2013 18:52

trotskygrad wrote:

not really.

Never underestimate the sheer power of american M-113s, M-48s, F-4s and M-60s because they are, well, american.
Perlen vor die Säue.

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Wed 22 May 2013 18:59

USMC M60 might be the worst thing I've ever used. They wouldn't even be in my deck if I didn't have like one activation point left over. I sent 20 against base model T-64s and they got raped the other day. Serves me right. I ran out of infantry and was just trying to plug a hole. Probably the worst excuse for a tank I've ever seen. 20 USMC M60's just firing at like 4 T-64 and doing nothing. I watched with sort of a fatalistic hope they'd all die. I could have withdrawn, but no, they sucked so bad they needed to die. :lol:

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”