AA ranges

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Re: AA ranges

Postby Falcrack » Wed 22 May 2013 16:35

QShadow wrote:Guys seriosuly know your facts.

Only radar aa got nerfed vs helos, IR AA like the chap still has 3500m range vs helos (but in return less range vs planes).

IR = for Helos, Radar = for planes

And as it goes for UK in its AA, at least you guys have the Javelin, W. Germany doesnt have IR AA or MANPADS at all : P

And the Ka50 and the Mi28 are both USSR Prototypes worth ~140 points.

Yeah, but my point is that the chap is the ONLY option for dealing with Ka-50 ATGM range, and as it is US only, that makes national decks for NATO that are not US be even more severely gimped than they were before.

I personally feel IR SAMs (such as stingers, and others) have range vs helos increased. They can keep their short ranges vs planes as far as I'm concerned, leave that job to radar AA.

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Elukka » Wed 22 May 2013 16:41

airborneguy wrote:That's just more of many ways they handicap the US. I am beginning to think that they are anti-US.

Yes. This is why the US gets the longest ranged and arguably best anti-chopper unit that's also effective against planes for 35 points.

Seriously, the post just above yours points out the US is the only nation that has an AA unit that outranges the ATGMs. This might be an issue and they'll likely work on it but the US in particular is the nation it's least of an issue.

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Wed 22 May 2013 17:19

Elukka wrote:
airborneguy wrote:That's just more of many ways they handicap the US. I am beginning to think that they are anti-US.

Yes. This is why the US gets the longest ranged and arguably best anti-chopper unit that's also effective against planes for 35 points.

Seriously, the post just above yours points out the US is the only nation that has an AA unit that outranges the ATGMs. This might be an issue and they'll likely work on it but the US in particular is the nation it's least of an issue.

I play a US deck, and have adjusted it accordingly to deal with the new situation (I-Hawk for planes, Chaparral for long range helos, and Pivads to round it out and act as a decoy for ARMs to place in front of my I-Hawks). Playing with a US deck I can deal with it, I might be hard pressed dealing with this as any other nation.

I still think though the I-Hawk should have anti-helo range of 2800 m to match the Buk-M1. Either that or drop the anti-helo ability of both these SAMs altogether and make them strictly anti-plane.

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Wed 22 May 2013 17:26

Seriously, the post just above yours points out the US is the only nation that has an AA unit that outranges the ATGMs

Not only, really. Tunguska-M and ADATS too outrange ATGMs. But yes, that's it. 1 US AA and 2 prototypes.
A few more AA have range equal to helo ATGMs.

But a variety of thematic decks and UK, scandinavian and NSWP (7 out of total 12!) national decks have almost nothing for countering any significant amount of helos: not even helospam, but just a PACT starting air assault group would already pose major problems.

caparo
Master Sergeant

Postby caparo » Wed 22 May 2013 18:03

Give it some time and hopefully this whole issue would be resolved before the game's release date

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Wed 22 May 2013 18:14

US not favorised ?? Guys, seriously ?
Is there any equivalent of US chapparal in Pact for Anti-helicopter ?

Buk's range is now max 2.8 km.. Trying to shot down a gazelle or any reco chopper is now a real challenge.. while i dont have this issue as Nato, because i have chappy in my deck..
Imho now USA have the very best Anti-helo in the game.
Pact AA are good, even very good against plane, but it is now very weak against choppers. I would be happy to see Buk range slightly increased, even by 100m that would makes me happy.
Last edited by silverhaze on Wed 22 May 2013 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Wed 22 May 2013 18:16

I maybe new, but I think they are perfect where they are. I didn't really see to much helicopters till they changed the stats for the anti-air. Now we get to use them, and to their full potential. So I say NO to the range buff. =(

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”