PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of players..

Ragor
First Sergeant
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013 13:09
Location: FRG, 37
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby Ragor » Wed 29 May 2013 01:35

Ragor wrote:In an ideal world, where devs could implement stuff by just snapping their fingers:

I would be a fan of 'no player limitation in privat matches.'
As soon as a game is set to 'public', the default max/min player settings for the selected map take place.

But this is not an ideal world of magic fingers... so... nothing to expect here.


I agree with me on this one. :mrgreen:
Play the game like it is designed, not the way you want it to be.
Image

User avatar
nWODT_Niack
Captain
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu 7 Jun 2012 01:42
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby nWODT_Niack » Wed 29 May 2013 01:40

OKAY, turns out you CAN play 1v1 on a 4v4 map. You just have to manually set every player slot to "closed". Functionnal, albeit impractical. Well I have noting more to say on that matter.

Needless to say, maps shouldn't allow more players than the intended number.
Image
Croche et Tient

User avatar
derrickkolba
First Sergeant
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu 9 Feb 2012 16:14
Location: Iron curtain of Michigan
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby derrickkolba » Wed 29 May 2013 01:59

agreed :idea:
Image

lemonsquid
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri 17 Feb 2012 19:39
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby lemonsquid » Wed 29 May 2013 03:00

nWODT_Niack wrote:Needless to say, maps shouldn't allow more players than the intended number.


Why not?
BMP VERY IMPORTANT CAPSLOCK MANDATORY

User avatar
OpusTheFowl
General
Posts: 6660
Joined: Sun 26 Feb 2012 19:52
Location: White Rock, Canada
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby OpusTheFowl » Wed 29 May 2013 03:06

lemonsquid wrote:
nWODT_Niack wrote:Needless to say, maps shouldn't allow more players than the intended number.


Why not?


Because then you get people in here moaning about why WP is OP because they steamrolled NATO in a 10v10 on Highway...It's very hard for the devs to filter this out as background noise from legitimate game issues...you know, the ones they designed/balanced the game around...

User avatar
JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2419
Joined: Thu 17 May 2012 16:07
Location: Plymouth Rock
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby JBravo » Wed 29 May 2013 03:23

If they made the max starting points for 4v4+ hells highway 3k or so, a 10v10 wouldn't be so bad, especially since each player would start with 300 points minus the CV.

4v4, 3k hells highway though was always fun in EE, and I don't see why it wouldn't be manageable here.

Trick is to control the starting points, not the maps themselves.
Image

User avatar
Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu 1 Mar 2012 03:14
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Wed 29 May 2013 03:25

Agreed
Image

Grazgul
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu 9 May 2013 04:55
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby Grazgul » Wed 29 May 2013 03:28

It's a good idea, it needs to be implemented properly.

I'd think limiting maps by points instead of player numbers would be a good way to go.
While we are on this, it would be great to select the resource income too. A simply low/med/high would be cool.

Games are hard(ish) to come by currently so it'd be nice to have more control over what you play.

User avatar
Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu 1 Mar 2012 03:14
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Wed 29 May 2013 03:37

Grazgul wrote:It's a good idea, it needs to be implemented properly.

I'd think limiting maps by points instead of player numbers would be a good way to go.
While we are on this, it would be great to select the resource income too. A simply low/med/high would be cool.

Games are hard(ish) to come by currently so it'd be nice to have more control over what you play.


You know what? This guys got it.

Limit maps by points not players
Image

id0l
Sergeant
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed 29 May 2013 02:17
Contact:

Re: PLEASE allow us to play any map with any number of playe

Postby id0l » Wed 29 May 2013 04:20

Commissar Fuklaw wrote:
Grazgul wrote:It's a good idea, it needs to be implemented properly.

I'd think limiting maps by points instead of player numbers would be a good way to go.
While we are on this, it would be great to select the resource income too. A simply low/med/high would be cool.

Games are hard(ish) to come by currently so it'd be nice to have more control over what you play.


You know what? This guys got it.

Limit maps by points not players


Hmmm, gonna have to agree here!

+1 to no restrictions to player amount per map.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

cron