But there are some holes in a lot of nations with some unnecessary holes and exclusions from a lot of nations, making them unnecessarily harder than they should. So I've packed together a list of units that are both historically accurate and would add alot to the nations gain!
Now, I'm by no means a military expert, and the vast majority of my selections will be PACT as I have not had enough time playing NATO to know about their decks enough, so feel free to add some of yours. If Eugen doesn't want to add unit DLC, consider this a suggestive list for W:ALB2!
East Germany: Probably the nation with most lacking in PACT, it feels like it's supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades, but is really lacking in any unique or standout units of itself, so my proposal is to make it a more AA and aircraft centric deck, as that isn't a role filled by NSWP units, and East Germany did have one of the largest AA defense systems IIRC!
- MiG-29A: Brought and received around 1988(prototype status ingame), the MiG 29's we're the pride of the Luftstreitkräfte der Nationalen Volksarmee, and even used by the Luftwaffe for a time after the reunification! I suggested this as the NVA, despite having the second largest PACT air force, lacks many stand-out aircraft besides the Su-22M4. Relying on inadequate R-60's and an inaccurate SemActRadar missile, NVA is crying out for a propper interceptor. The MiG-29A can give more reliable missiles and a propper ECM to a desperately lacking airforce.
Strela-3's and IGLA squads: Strela-3's are well within all pact nations limits, forcing all of them to rely on blowpipe level strela-2M's seems a very forced hindrance, not only that, but East Germany we're one of the biggest users of the Igla before it's reform, using a less complicated IR system, these missiles weren't as accurate as Soviet ones but still packed one hell of a punch! Iglas can be prototype to avoid having too many Igla squads in multinational deck!
Krug-M1: A pre-1975 Kub basically, why? so a pre-1975 deck has a much needed radar system, have it 6 HE and 5 Accuracy and it will go nicely with the Strela-1! And East Germany were up the arse full of these things!
Buks: not M1's, just normal Buks! Although East-Germany did not "own" any Buk missile systems, they had propper encampments designed specifically for the Kub, and Buk missiles in case they we're to go to war, in which the Soviets would lend them the missiles!
S-300 (Prototype): Only really consider this if you are adamant on not giving East Germany the S-300's, this long range missile system could be a national exclusive for NVA and have a similar stat to the Buk's and buk-M1's Soviets have in game.
More modern OSA and shilka platforms: As with Poland, they only get the arse end in units despite have the upgraded and overhauled units IRL, in fact, most of the units ingame are more downgraded than they should be! Units are already in Soviet Union so just give them a reskin!
Command Trabant: Because it's a god dammed command Trabant!
Konkurs infantry team: Same goes for Czechoslovakia, both these nations use the same missle system, and if the Soviets get to use it on their produced platforms? Why not Czech and NVA? IIRC Poland used these very sparingly, and they already have a metis team for extra AP.
Poland: Is a nation that likes to get up close and personal with their battles, as evidenced by their upamoured ATGM incapable tanks and heavy infantry squads, probably the strongest of all NSWP as of now. Their lack of modern airfoce shows their tendency for CQC but still has some holes in it!
- TS-11 Iskra: Polands airforce in unique in the fact that it has a napalm bomber, however this is brought at a huge cost as Poland has no cluster bomber of their own, making it difficult to clear out heavily amoured targets from hard-to-reach places, and besides that, the TS-11 was one of the most requested Polish planes. Why not hit 2 stones with 1 bird and add a TS-11 with some 400kg bombs? it is a light bomber after all!
Buk: Like East Germany, these guys lack a decent AA, Kub's just don't cut the cheese
Strela-3 squad: See Reasons in East Germany!
Upgraded OSA and Shilka: See reasons in East Germany!
Czechoslovakia: The "Tube" nation as like to call it! with the most famous artillery, ATGM's and recoiless rifles of PACT, these guys make nice specialists! Omnipresent on ground but vulnerable in air! These guys don't need very much to help their plight!
- Strela-3: more important in CZ than in EG and Poland IMO as these guys don't have a Strela 3 mobile platform!
Konkurs infantry team: Same reason as East Germany, they use the same platforms so there is no reason to give USSR these but not CZ or EG!
USSR: Probably the most self sufficient nation across the board, but is still missing some units:
- BMD: An air-mobile BMP-2 basically, It would be very nice for an airborne deck as they don't really have a reliable ATGM platform!
Canada: Lacking alot, unfortunately not alot can help so much as I know, but some extra AA is defiantly needed so...
- LAAD Javlin: I know Canada never officially supported this platform, but I have no doubt in my mind, that they would have gotten some from the UK lead-leasing it to them if they we're to go to war with them! This and the fact that they only get an expensive, rare and prototype unit and some blowpipes means they need some AA love desperately.
West Germany: Just lacks a couple of cherries on top!
- Redeye squad (Who's name I will edit in as soon as I remember how to spell): as West Germany is too vulnerable to helicopters as of right now, but buffing the Roland more would cause it to be pretty gamebreaking...
If you think I've missed a unit that should be added feel free to say who they are and why they should be added, and I'll be more than happy to add them!