Let me pause my battles, look around and give orders please. It is now standard in every other game I've played and would add much to ALB.
1. Great battle in campaign just then (yes it's possible) and I missed most of it. At points I really would like to have paused, given orders and watched my infantry and engineers fight with Royal Marines.
As it is now there's zero or nearly zero time to zoom in and enjoy all the great close action.
2. Not all of us are super fast clickers. Or just like to take time a little.
3. Immersion and enjoyment again. I'd enjoy it so much more if I could pause do something and plan my next tactical move.
4. Immersion again. I would like to click on units ID panels a little more so I know that X squad is down to 2 men. It would really help to know how a fight is going before everything is vaporised. Again I'd get so much more into it this way.
5. Seen some discussions on forums where wargamers post saying they'd not buy without a pause. I'll not make bold claims about hugely increased sales, but for small opportunity cost of implementing pause I'd guess would be repaid with wider appeal and sales.
6. The "realism" argument.
Even grunts pause in battle. Take some time, look around, assess the tactical situation, make a new plan and issue brief orders. And redistribute ammo ect.
Also, the time in RTS is not "Real time" as it would be in combat. In many ways things happen a whole lot quicker in RTS. "Realism" is no real argument not to have a pause.
7. Not sure about this and paused for reflection before posting. But whether it suits my request or not I think it most likely true.
Supportive to some people with a range of disabilities.
No bold claims to how many or how much.
I think there are more things that pause would be good for but escaped me right now, anybody?
Can't really see any. Yes people don't agree with it, but just make it optional in MP set up. Done, no problem to that crowd.
So blessed be Eugen if Pause be patched in, Amen.
I found out software needed is free now ))
You have to download ArtMoney SE v7.41 FREEWARE
adress in game you have to edit is 01F58E00 (type float 4 bytes)
attach hotkeys to edit this value - and you are well done )
good play everyone!
fabius, add this information to the first post. There'll be more cheaters now a guess - but we will have our pause at last i don't have time and willing to make any good tutorial - hope one will make it soon