Non Command Unit Versions

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Non Command Unit Versions

Postby loosebruce » Mon 3 Jun 2013 16:22

Hi all,

I checked to see if this has been asked but it appears to have not been.

Would it be possible to have standard versions of CV units to deploy. I am guessing this wouldn't be too hard, just some config changes to inherit the unit class and then create a Tank / Vehicle / Recon version for that unit.

Some units are already duplicated e.g. the CMD Chieftains , CMD Pattons etc

Here is a list:
T80UK
T72IUK
HMMWV 50cal (as another recon or just in transport version)

-Any that I have forgotton about please let me know -

inb4 T80UK invincible....

solaris
Lieutenant

Re: Non Command Unit Versions

Postby solaris » Mon 3 Jun 2013 16:34

The T80UK's non command version exists. It is called the T-80U. The T72KI's non command version exists. It is called the T-72 (not the A, just the T-72). You will find the stats are identical. Having an armed humvee as a transport vehicle would be nice, but I'll settle for stuffing twice as many people inside it as fit in real life. (A squad of rifleman is 10 people, which all fit comfortably in the 5 person humvee)
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Postby loosebruce » Mon 3 Jun 2013 16:56

solaris wrote:The T80UK's non command version exists. It is called the T-80U. The T72KI's non command version exists. It is called the T-72 (not the A, just the T-72). You will find the stats are identical. Having an armed humvee as a transport vehicle would be nice, but I'll settle for stuffing twice as many people inside it as fit in real life. (A squad of rifleman is 10 people, which all fit comfortably in the 5 person humvee)

According to Wikipedia the T80U and T80UK are different variants by a few years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-80

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Mon 3 Jun 2013 17:04

Maybe, but in-game they are identical
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

solaris
Lieutenant

Postby solaris » Mon 3 Jun 2013 17:07

loosebruce wrote:
solaris wrote:The T80UK's non command version exists. It is called the T-80U. The T72KI's non command version exists. It is called the T-72 (not the A, just the T-72). You will find the stats are identical. Having an armed humvee as a transport vehicle would be nice, but I'll settle for stuffing twice as many people inside it as fit in real life. (A squad of rifleman is 10 people, which all fit comfortably in the 5 person humvee)

According to Wikipedia the T80U and T80UK are different variants by a few years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-80

The in game stats are identical, I just double checked.
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”