Where are the Formations?????

Dolphy
Corporal

Postby Dolphy » Tue 4 Jun 2013 00:51

I asked for a option for the formations.Its so important,every strategic game since 12 years ago have it,only the "realistic" wargame not.
And whats happens,they cancel my questions so i asked again! not very serious when asked for this options for the formations and eugen only cancel this question!!!! ia strategicgame without a formation order is not a real strategic game,many player asked for it at the steam forum too.its so idiotic when you order for example tanks and light anti-air to a position and the anti-air drive in front of the stron tanks.

dont understand why we have not such a very important standard function in wargame....and eugen do nothing.you will never see a strategic game without this function,but the only thing what eugen do is to cancel those questions.

Wargame is a great game but with those interface you fifht more with the interface as the enemy. but eugen will not answer,only to cancel this question i think!
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Tue 4 Jun 2013 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: All Caps Title

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Tue 4 Jun 2013 00:54

rClick and hold for line formation and direction...it's a start...

Dolphy
Corporal

Re: Where are the Formations?????

Postby Dolphy » Tue 4 Jun 2013 04:31

Yes i know!
But i not mean the direction where they look! For example you have 4 tanks and 4 anti-air and you make a "quader" with the mouse around them,so you have a squad with 4 tanks and 4 anti tanks(sry for my bad english,hope you understand what i mean). then you order this 8 units at a location,but they hold no formation,the anti-airs drive in front of the strong tanks!
in EVERY other strategic game will drive the weaker units behind the stronger units. you see it at very old games like age of empires ect. too.

its very poor in a modern strategic game like wargame not to have the formation-function,that was standard since many years.so you need too many mouseclicks and "fight" with the interface more as the enemies.

wargame is a great game ,but the interface is so horrible,like stoneage!!!!

the formation function is a must have in every strategic game,many players think the same. its very idiotic who wins who have the fasest mousefinger. wargane is not a children game like starcraft,so i hope they will optimize the interface.

hope it was not too hard for you to understand my bad english,lol

Liberte
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Liberte » Tue 4 Jun 2013 05:38

Well I was a little disappointed with no formation button too.

The lighter armored vehicles just overtook the heavier armored vehicles and got slaughtered.

And on many occasions I noticed the tanks were engaging the enemy but their facing was completely wrong. Their rear facing the enemy direction shhh.

It's all small matter though afterall it's a game and I still hope they will be improved.
The dead are no longer aware of themselves, no longer remember God and unable to register time
Please feel free to correct my English grammar. Help me improve.

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Tue 4 Jun 2013 07:38

+1..its annoying

CommissarDornez
Warrant Officer

Postby CommissarDornez » Wed 5 Jun 2013 00:10

It's a tad annoying but "every strategic game since 12 years ago" is just silly I'm afraid... CoH, Generals, RUSE, Dawn of War, Red Alert, Supreme Commander.... The list goes on and on and on. There's plenty of games which lack formations and are still fairly in depth even without them. Regardless of my opinion on that, some actual formations or at the least guard options would be nice, for example having heavier units take the front while the more fragile units follow behind, of course this is possible in game but requires a lot of micro as does everything in Wargame and I don't find that too bad a thing.
Support the Trabant revolution! Click above for the Glorious Trabant Mod!

Deepjay
Corporal

Postby Deepjay » Wed 5 Jun 2013 00:38

Ive found that units behave pretty damned well actually - ie tanks usually back off when under fire, rather than turning tail (like in dow/coh etc).

But i would much prefer the click and drag positioning like in coh/dow. What's in there doesn't really work at all - it's clunky and i never use it.

It could be a lot worse of a problem though - at least vehicles do behave as i expect them to, and move through terrain as i expect them. If they didnt do that, then the lack of a formation setting ability would be a massive issue.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Wed 5 Jun 2013 04:21

Anyone ever seen something like this?
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884 ... 8BC72412E/

When I think of well thought out, user friendly game GUI's, I think of this company.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

busboy
Warrant Officer

Postby busboy » Wed 5 Jun 2013 04:52

I gotta say, the platoons do fairly well in ALB compared to most games. The ability to select formations for platoons or multiple platoons would be a great leap forward though. I'd add, though, that a very positive addition would be to spread vehicles out and KEEP them spread out.

mbbird
Corporal

Postby mbbird » Wed 5 Jun 2013 05:11

Anyone else remember when they promised formations and logical structure when doing group orders?

Yeah I do too. And I don't see it.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”