Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Patch (v 1290)

Postby MadGelo » Wed 5 Jun 2013 14:42

still no Tunguska fix either

Lonfield
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Lonfield » Wed 5 Jun 2013 14:44

An Spanish chat area would be nice, i've noticed that spanish comunnity is bigger tan it seemed.
Bans Bans Bans and Lock Lock Lock!!
Screaming for a better game since 2012

TKN_Jez
Corporal

Postby TKN_Jez » Wed 5 Jun 2013 14:48

core.- wrote:Helo spams dont work, you're just whining, the CEV + AVRE noclipping is a serious bug though.

Really whinning? Just check this beautiful replay and tell us what you do think about this x)

core.-
Master Sergeant

Postby core.- » Wed 5 Jun 2013 14:51

TKN_Jez wrote:
core.- wrote:Helo spams dont work, you're just whining, the CEV + AVRE noclipping is a serious bug though.

Really whinning? Just check this beautiful replay and tell us what you do think about this x)

Dont have to watch it to know that whomever was on the receiving end did not have a single Anti air heli at the start.

Also probably didnt start with any air superiority fighters.
Please check out my Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/CoreofexisteNz

For highlights of previous games and matches of Wargame: Red Dragon please check out my videos page on twitch here

Sotek
Master Sergeant

Postby Sotek » Wed 5 Jun 2013 14:56

core.- wrote:Dont have to watch it to know that whomever was on the receiving end did not have a single Anti air heli at the start.
Also probably didnt start with any air superiority fighters.

You're so right. The guy on the receiving end must be a noob. After all, with some anti air helis and air superiority fighters, you can stop a rush of 32 puma pirates filled with reservists on Battle for the Fjord.

Or, most likely, you just don't know what you are talking about. Play a bit more and you might actually show good judgment.
Last edited by Sotek on Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:02, edited 3 times in total.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Wed 5 Jun 2013 14:58

core.- wrote:
Dont have to watch it to know...

That's like saying
ImageImage

RaduM
Warrant Officer

Postby RaduM » Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:01

Core, may I say how progressive your way of thinking is... by burying your head in the sand when faced with clear evidence that there is a facet of W:ALB that needs addressing.

And by "progressive" I mean "backwards".
REALISM 1980 Mod - OUT NOW - Want some Authentic Gameplay to go with that Authentic Armory ?

core.-
Master Sergeant

Postby core.- » Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:02

So what you guys are saying is... it cant be stopped in a 1v1 scenario?

Not even with 1-2 stacks of cheap 35 cost drakens?

Or is the issue that you guys bring what you consider a balanced build and they dont?

If I had the ability to watch video, I would have, lacking that ability till I get home I commented rashly.

And yes. Windmills are relevant.
Please check out my Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/CoreofexisteNz

For highlights of previous games and matches of Wargame: Red Dragon please check out my videos page on twitch here

RaduM
Warrant Officer

Postby RaduM » Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:04

core.- wrote:So what you guys are saying is... it cant be stopped in a 1v1 scenario?

Or is the issue that you guys bring what you consider a balanced build and they dont?

If I had the ability to watch video, I would have, lacking that ability till I get home I commented rashly.

By "stacks" you mean?... How many Drakens overall?
REALISM 1980 Mod - OUT NOW - Want some Authentic Gameplay to go with that Authentic Armory ?

Sotek
Master Sergeant

Postby Sotek » Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:08

core.- wrote:So what you guys are saying is... it cant be stopped in a 1v1 scenario?

Let me phrase it: it is virtually impossible to stop that kind of rush on small maps if you don't want to severely compromise your chances of victory against other players. So yes, if you commit 500pts in AA right from the start, you MIGHT be able to survive the onslaught, but that's hardly a sustainable solution, is it?

The worst thing is, the rush can be done with a balanced deck. You just need a slot of reservists in Puma pirates.

I have done some tests to see if I could come up with a NATO counter that does not kill my chances to win against other players. The only answer so far seems to be the deployment of 12 20 pt Chapparal... and you still need some backup to take care of the surviving helos and the downed reservistes. What is more, the Chappy takes a precious support slot.
Last edited by Sotek on Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:11, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”