judgedredd being Racist on all his games online.

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Re: judgedredd being Racist on all his games online.

Postby chrisnz » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:35

It's not the words It's the intent/idea, you obviously don't get that, or choose not to anyway.
"I ask her is it true and she sais like a horse shoe."

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:38

Inpute wrote:you're wandering off topic here, friend. we're discussing freedom of speech within the realm of a video game which someone payed to play with. he is allowed to say as he pleases in the W:ALB lobby or anywhere else in the game for that matter without being banned or censored for it.

No.
Last time I checked this game wasn't a US territory.
Closest thing it could be would be a French territory and there's actually an entire corpus of law to limit freedom of speech in France, where racist, hateful or antisemitic speech is not only banned but actively punished.

Bottom line : nobody cares about your opinion on that matter. Nor mine. Its entirely up to Eugen, Focus and maybe Steam, but definitely not up to us players to decide about the content featured ingame.

Inpute
Staff Sergeant

Postby Inpute » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:40

warsawpactarmor wrote:It's privately-owned fora and chat channels we're talking about. No need to bring up the US (or Canadian or French or German or Russian) Constitution or East Germany or whatever. It's obnoxious and disruptive conduct in a commercial environment, and protected by neither free speech laws nor the approbation of time-honored customs of courtesy and civility. Never mind yelling "fire!" in a movie theater, go into a supermarket and start aggressively insulting people to their faces and see if resorting to the First Amendment will keep you from getting first punched and then later arrested.

like i've said in the past posts, petition for a mute feature if it affects you so much. stop trying to enforce total censorship over one individual for saying mean words. i know that personally i ignore these kinds of people but its clear that some people are so upset with this and are almost at the point of tears because someone said the n-word on a video game chat room that they feel the need to take away his right to talk in a game he paid for. i feel that most people dishing this PC nonsense are just trying to score some sympathy points or something and look like anti-racist crusaders to give their ego a nice stroke.

Inpute
Staff Sergeant

Postby Inpute » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:42

Grosnours wrote:
Inpute wrote:you're wandering off topic here, friend. we're discussing freedom of speech within the realm of a video game which someone payed to play with. he is allowed to say as he pleases in the W:ALB lobby or anywhere else in the game for that matter without being banned or censored for it.

No.
Last time I checked this game wasn't a US territory.
Closest thing it could be would be a French territory and there's actually an entire corpus of law to limit freedom of speech in France, where racist, hateful or antisemitic speech is not only banned but actively punished.

Bottom line : nobody cares about your opinion on that matter. Nor mine. Its entirely up to Eugen, Focus and maybe Steam, but definitely not up to us players to decide about the content featured ingame.

well, as far as i know, they didn't do anything in W:EE over these kinds of issues and quite frankly policing them would be a waste of everyone's time. in fact, this thread shouldn't even be here but i personally am just sick of PC thought policing. i live in Toronto and have to deal with this nonsense on an almost daily basis and don't want to see it in my beautiful reprieve from reality ( video games ).

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby chrisnz » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:44

Just remember to never join judge dredds games and kick him on sight. Next best alternative.

Inpute
Staff Sergeant

Postby Inpute » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:45

chrisnz wrote:It's not the words It's the intent/idea, you obviously don't get that, or choose not to anyway.

so by him saying the n-word or f****t, he's secretly giving the intent or the idea that he wants to kill all black people and homosexuals or degrade them on purpose for a secret agenda of his rather than him just using the words because he is mad for being bad at the game. careful not to use too much tin foil next time.

Inpute
Staff Sergeant

Postby Inpute » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:47

chrisnz wrote:Just remember to never join judge dredds games and kick him on sight. Next best alternative.

see, what a simple solution no one would have a problem with. people who don't like him can kick him. see what happens when we drop the PC charade and start using logic and reasoning? maybe you should've done this from the beginning instead of trying to be some sort of anti-racist superhero.

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:49

Dont worry man, retards just gona be retards. Ppl like him are so pathetic in real life that they have to do this on internet. Dont be that harsh on him. Just try to imagine how it is to be in his position: no friends, no family, no girlfriend, no succes, crappy job..etc. This poor guy needs this so he can forgot about suicide ideas for a little while. Be nice on him ;)
Last edited by Ghostweed on Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby chrisnz » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:49

Inpute wrote:
chrisnz wrote:Just remember to never join judge dredds games and kick him on sight. Next best alternative.

see, what a simple solution no one would have a problem with. people who don't like him can kick him. see what happens when we drop the PC charade and start using logic and reasoning? maybe you should've done this from the beginning instead of trying to be some sort of anti-racist superhero.

i am an anti racist super hero

Inpute
Staff Sergeant

Postby Inpute » Sun 9 Jun 2013 07:52

chrisnz wrote:
Inpute wrote:

i am an anti racist super hero

congratulations, you win a gold star! stroke your ego to your hearts content because i defend your right to do it anywhere, even here on the forums of a game about the cold war. yay for feeling good about ourselves!

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”