Unit quotes and translations

Lethal_Sting
Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon 13 May 2013 18:27
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby Lethal_Sting » Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:05

Uniform764 wrote:My German is good but not amazing and one particular line the German troops come out with is annoying me. I can decipher the start without issue but the second half the the sentence is a little to quick for me to work out exactly what's said. It starts with "Warum habe ich das gefuhl" and it translates to "Why do I have the feeling you're about to put our lives at risk"

Someone do me a favour and type out the rest of what is said?:p


American units say that as well. Think it's from a light vehicle.

And yes it is annoying. Whenever a unit says that, they just "volunteered" to go to the front lines :twisted:

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon 5 Mar 2012 17:35
Location: Umeå
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby MadMantiz » Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:06

integ3r wrote:Sounds like the german "lead follow or get out of my way" line.


Ah, of course. It must be it. Thanks man! :)
Would be nice to see the words for it.

Uniform764
Warrant Officer
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2012 02:49
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby Uniform764 » Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:08

Lethal_Sting wrote:American units say that as well. Think it's from a light vehicle.

And yes it is annoying. Whenever a unit says that, they just "volunteered" to go to the front lines :twisted:


I get the jist of what they're saying, I just want the actual sentence typed out in the original German so I can actually get all the words :P

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby orcbuster » Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:10

Bropenhauer wrote:For the most part the danish, swedish, norwegian and german units appear to have the same responses as the british and american units. They will say stuff like:

"Why do I get the feeling you are about to put our lives at risk?"

"A good scout is a dead scout!"

"In the end it always comes down to the infantryman and his rifle"


However, there appear to be some unique responses, for example the norwegian units will occasionally respond to attack orders by exclaiming:

"Til Valhall!" ("To Valhalla!") Referring to the "hall of the slain" in norse mythology, where warriors who have died in battle go to drink mead and party.
Definitely my favourite line in the game :D


yeah, we nearly didn't add the valhall line. some people consider it politically incorrect.
Image
Viker for ingen!

User avatar
integ3r
Lieutenant
Posts: 1143
Joined: Mon 3 Jun 2013 03:10
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby integ3r » Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:16

The german scout says "A good scout is one you don't see." Right?

Seems like "Don't see" vs "Dead one" depends on the nations preference for hidden or aggressive recon. At first I just thought it was glorious british humour at work when I heard it.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

User avatar
FirmusPiett
Lieutenant
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun 5 Aug 2012 15:03
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby FirmusPiett » Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:55

Buff Norwegian voice acting
English voice acting OP!!!1
Image

Col_Sandfurz
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 573
Joined: Wed 25 Apr 2012 18:19
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby Col_Sandfurz » Wed 12 Jun 2013 17:02

Uniform764 wrote:My German is good but not amazing and one particular line the German troops come out with is annoying me. I can decipher the start without issue but the second half the the sentence is a little to quick for me to work out exactly what's said. It starts with "Warum habe ich das gefuhl" and it translates to "Why do I have the feeling you're about to put our lives at risk"

Someone do me a favour and type out the rest of what is said?:p

They say:
"Warum habe ich das Gefühl das sie gleich unser Leben auf's Spiel setzen werden".
already have found out the english translation: "Why do I have the feeling you're about to put our lives at risk"

@Deutschlehrer: Ich bin mies in Rechtschreibung, wenn ich "das" und "dass" vertauscht habe: Schande über mich!! :lol:

My favourite one is: "There are only two types of targets: artillery men and targets"
German: "Die Welt besteht aus zwei Arten von Menschen: Artilleriesten und Zielen"
Image

Uniform764
Warrant Officer
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2012 02:49
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby Uniform764 » Wed 12 Jun 2013 17:36

Col_Sandfurz wrote:They say:
"Warum habe ich das Gefühl das sie gleich unser Leben auf's Spiel setzen werden".
already have found out the english translation: "Why do I have the feeling you're about to put our lives at risk"


Thanks a lot. It's been driving me mad

User avatar
Bropenhauer
Corporal
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed 27 Feb 2013 17:29
Location: a wasteland, Nordland, Norway, Europe, Earth
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby Bropenhauer » Mon 17 Jun 2013 13:34

orcbuster wrote:yeah, we nearly didn't add the valhall line. some people consider it politically incorrect.

Oh, that. Im glad it got added though. 8-)

So you were giving suggestions on dialogue for the norwegian units?
"Everyone always did miss everyone else in this war, whenever it was humanly possible to do so."

-George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby REDDQ » Mon 17 Jun 2013 13:44

It is a shame that bigger version of acknows wasn't implemented. So much cool translation went to trash :(

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests