Unit quotes and translations

guynumber7
Captain

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby guynumber7 » Mon 17 Jun 2013 19:49

Im a little mad that planes have the same voice packs as helicopters.

skiierman1
Command Sergeant Major

Postby skiierman1 » Mon 17 Jun 2013 20:27

guynumber7 wrote:Im a little mad that planes have the same voice packs as helicopters.

Totally agree. There should be lines specifically for planes, like: "Roger, bugging out." When you click the evac button.

EricTerminator
Major

Postby EricTerminator » Mon 17 Jun 2013 20:38

Col_Sandfurz wrote:"Warum habe ich das Gefühl das sie gleich unser Leben auf's Spiel setzen werden".
already have found out the english translation: "Why do I have the feeling you're about to put our lives at risk"

@Deutschlehrer: Ich bin mies in Rechtschreibung, wenn ich "das" und "dass" vertauscht habe: Schande über mich!! :lol:

"DASS SIE" !!!! "Das" before a name, "dass" when you need to connect 2 sentences.

Bryan wrote:West German
Feuer bereit, Kommandant! - Ready to fire commander!
Einsatz berei, Kommandant!- Ready for action commander!

French
C'est parti!- Lets go!
On y va!- On the way!

Fixed.
BECAUSE HUNTING CHALLENGERS WITH MIG-31S WAS TOO EASY :

George551
Second-Lieutenant

Postby George551 » Mon 17 Jun 2013 21:10

I am annoyed that in no place to RAF pilots go "Tally Ho" or "Tally Bally Ho" when attacking. HuUGE HISTORICAL INACCURACY! (jks)
Everything has a weakness except nukes and magic, but they're just cheating

EricTerminator
Major

Postby EricTerminator » Sun 3 Nov 2013 07:45

orcbuster wrote:
Bropenhauer wrote:For the most part the danish, swedish, norwegian and german units appear to have the same responses as the british and american units. They will say stuff like:

"Why do I get the feeling you are about to put our lives at risk?"

"A good scout is a dead scout!"

"In the end it always comes down to the infantryman and his rifle"

However, there appear to be some unique responses, for example the norwegian units will occasionally respond to attack orders by exclaiming:

"Til Valhall!" ("To Valhalla!") Referring to the "hall of the slain" in norse mythology, where warriors who have died in battle go to drink mead and party.
Definitely my favourite line in the game :D

yeah, we nearly didn't add the valhall line. some people consider it politically incorrect.

But it sounds so manly : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOSqSUgNzE

TIL VALHALL !
BECAUSE HUNTING CHALLENGERS WITH MIG-31S WAS TOO EASY :

Korochun
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Korochun » Sun 3 Nov 2013 08:19

I am very impressed by the Russian voice acting. I especially like the planes' "Eto NASHE nebo" (this is OUR sky).

In general whoever did the Russian lines did a good job.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 4 Nov 2013 02:09

I'm pretty meh at the Danish voice actor... Some of the lines are pretty poor, but that's not his fault. They are perfect direct translations, but as functional lines they come across as foreign (to a person with limited or no military knowledge they might sounds ok enough). The voice itself sounds like he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I can literally hear the big ? above his head. He also sounds like he really can't be bothered, there is absolutely no pride/humour/feeling in his voice. Add to that that his actual voice is like a bench-boozer, drawing the words out when in the military the speech patterns are pretty damn crisp, and thus it all becomes quite unsatisfactory. However, to me it is a small part of the game.

Interestingly I believe the same guy actually provided the Danish voice for World in Conflict as well. And was equally poor there. Thankfully there was only one unit with a Danish voice, and it was very marginal at that as well. So again not important.

The German and Russian voice actors sound absolutely wonderful. They give off emotions in their performance, or rather they give a damn. Obviously I know jack about the actual sentences for the Russian units, but the inflection sounds good to me.

The Swedish voice is slightly better than the Danish (I'm half-Swedish so I have been exposed to Swedish my whole life), but I can't comment on the actual sentences being what they would say in the military. He gives off a certain aloofness however, and that drives the value down. He comes off as a pencilpusher to be more specific, which is somewhat amusing. But there are times when it sounds good.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 4 Nov 2013 02:29

Kraxis wrote:The Swedish voice is slightly better than the Danish (I'm half-Swedish so I have been exposed to Swedish my whole life), but I can't comment on the actual sentences being what they would say in the military. He gives off a certain aloofness however, and that drives the value down. He comes off as a pencilpusher to be more specific, which is somewhat amusing. But there are times when it sounds good.

Totally appropriate.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Mon 4 Nov 2013 02:38

The British voice acting is good but there are some things I don't like that much, British tankers sound like they are rehearsing Shakespeare and the responses of British air defense units seem really limited. I do like the fact they bothered using different accents for different units; Fusiliers, Royal marines and other line infantry units sound almost cockney while APC's and Transport helis sound like they're from Yorkshire. Command vehicles, SAS and Tanks sound posh which is funny.

Whoever wrote the lines for the SAS needs a raise because they are fantastic!

-"Contact, nothing we can't handle"

-"Fix Bayonets

-"Trust me, you don't want to know our methods"

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 4 Nov 2013 03:20

Xeno426 wrote:
Kraxis wrote:The Swedish voice is slightly better than the Danish (I'm half-Swedish so I have been exposed to Swedish my whole life), but I can't comment on the actual sentences being what they would say in the military. He gives off a certain aloofness however, and that drives the value down. He comes off as a pencilpusher to be more specific, which is somewhat amusing. But there are times when it sounds good.

Totally appropriate.

Actually more than is readily known.
The Swedes are known to generally be a little aloof and 'proper', especially to Danes. Conversely the Swedes think the Danes are decidedly crude and way too... well, 'improper' does pop up as a good word. :lol: It has been highly amusing to watch my two sides of the family interact. The Swedes standing around, rank and with very polite smiles, laughing gently at jokes and drinking with good etiquette. The Danes, bounding around, laughing with a vengeance, when standing still they do so at the most odd angles, leaning against stuff and drinking hard (not necessarily more though, as the Swedes do tend to loosen up a great deal as time passes). And the dress is similarly divergent. After a few hours the Danes drop their jackets and sometimes their ties. Woe be the Swede that does that it seems, as I have never seen them do it, unless they showed up without such attire.

Anyway, even so, I have a very hard time imagining the Swedish military being so 'proper' and detached. And it isn't as if all Swedes act like my family. ;)
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”