Unit quotes and translations

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Re: Unit quotes and translations

Postby Lord Helmchen » Tue 5 Nov 2013 01:14

Political Correctness -.- Has every single European gone crazy about this? :evil: I looove this "Til Vallhall" vid, some real men, which are rare in this stupid "Yolo Swaaag" generation. The best unit quote IMO is when the helicopterpilots hum the "Ride of the valkyries". What we need is an Infanteryunit that says "Get to da choppa!!! When they are on their way to ... Well da choppa :mrgreen:
Last edited by Graphic on Tue 5 Nov 2013 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

VikingHaag
Sergeant Major

Postby VikingHaag » Tue 5 Nov 2013 01:16

I'm not sure if all german infantry have this line but i like the Panzergrenadier line: Wir haben befehle zum sturmangriff.

I'm not sure if that's right, my german is quite rusty, but i like hearing it when i one click A with 12 PzG squads and see them massacring a town of motorstrelkis.

Kovka
Private

Postby Kovka » Tue 5 Nov 2013 02:04

My favorite "quote" of all of them is Soviet helicopter pilots humming "Ride of the Valkyries" as they get sent into the fight. Loved it in EE, love it now. :D

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Tue 5 Nov 2013 07:21

"That's not my war" - German Heimatschutz in the Thüringer Wald :roll:

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 5 Nov 2013 07:30

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be considered an ugly role.

p.klyver
Master Sergeant

Postby p.klyver » Tue 5 Nov 2013 08:53

Shrike wrote:Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be considered an ugly role.

Replace Role with Brawl, and you are dead on :)

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Tue 5 Nov 2013 09:43

Can someone translate the french unit when they say something like 'Yes colonel'?
I want to know what they actually say in french.

Count
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Count » Tue 5 Nov 2013 10:05

solvens wrote:The quotes are the same for each nation (translated, of course). So a danish soldier says the same thing than an american one.

Indeed, they even call player "Sir" instead "Comrade".

Jirik
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Jirik » Tue 5 Nov 2013 10:19

I have to say that Czech voice acting and message "crafting" are both absolutely fantastic. There are no "forced translations", everything is done very professionally, thoughtfully and with a distinct Czech touch which is very cool. All thumbs up here!

GBNATO wrote:The British voice acting is good but there are some things I don't like that much, British tankers sound like they are rehearsing Shakespeare and the responses of British air defense units seem really limited.

What? I love British tankers. Hell, if a tank's strength was determined by the appeal of its crew's voicing, there would be only British tanks in me decks :-) Same with helicopters.

Does anyone know what is the longest message out there? Except for the well-known artillery boasting. I think that the German special forces had a pretty long line too, but with my poor German there is no way I could make it out ;-)

Oh, and it is a darn shame that plane pilots use helicopter lines; at least they do not want their tail rotors checked. Specific lines for planes are an absolute must for the Red Dragon, am I right, Eugen?

EricTerminator
Major

Postby EricTerminator » Tue 5 Nov 2013 17:30

Bryan wrote:Can someone translate the french unit when they say something like 'Yes colonel'?
I want to know what they actually say in french.

Oui mon colonel !
BECAUSE HUNTING CHALLENGERS WITH MIG-31S WAS TOO EASY :

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”