Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

jmpveg22
Lieutenant

Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

Postby jmpveg22 » Fri 14 Jun 2013 07:14

Hey Eugen... Just wanna thank you again for an awesome game. Best RTS game i have seen in a good while!! But as many here already know: the biggest and possibly only major flaw in ALB was the campaign.

So is there any news or updates to what you are doing to better the issue?? I know you guys are hard at work, but maybe a lil bit of info just to let us have something to look forward too.

Oh and one more thing... listen to your heart guys and stay with facts when patching... these whiners for NERFS/BUFFS are just getting annoying. I think you should just sart saying to ppl: "Some weapons were/are better than others... live with it"

Xyzzy Frobozz
Sergeant

Re: Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

Postby Xyzzy Frobozz » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:02

Yep!

As someone who doesn't play MP I'd really like some news on the Campaign as well. Specifically, I'd like to see the AI restricted to the same points system as the player.

I also agree with the OP - some weapons SHOULD be better than others.

VenerableSteele
Sergeant First-Class

Postby VenerableSteele » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:09

the current trend (taking a few developer comments into account, but not holding them as law,)

they seem to want to keep the time-limit (good idea! )

and are currently doing MAJOR changes (changes that are not changing costs/balancing or other arbitrary limits that can be, once agreed on, done in a day)

this is a good idea, the problems with the campaign can't be fixed in a day

I look forward to the patches!
If you can't accept other people's opinions being different from yours, you're very qualified to participate on any internet Forum. - DeuZerre

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:09

It's still in the works for all I know.

AFAIK and AFAIAATT (Am Allowed To Tell :P ), you won't see battle times changes, but there will be changes on the initiative & Morale systems to prevent "Endless draws", where morale increases while initiative decreases, causing battles to end up in "who's gonna annihilate the other?"
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Liare
Lieutenant

Postby Liare » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:13

DeuZerre wrote:It's still in the works for all I know.

AFAIK and AFAIAATT (Am Allowed To Tell :P ), you won't see battle times changes, but there will be changes on the initiative & Morale systems to prevent "Endless draws", where morale increases while initiative decreases, causing battles to end up in "who's gonna annihilate the other?"
persistent units ?

honestly that would resolve the problems off the bat as the battle escalates as time wears on, it also means that morale and initiative makes some semblance of sense as the number of units on the field escalates, the increased "kill" requirements does not become as bat-insane as they do now, only getting 500 points of units and needing to kill 8000 points of units does not hurt AS bad when you already have 6000 points of units on the field, and the AI is fielding roughly the same.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Fri 14 Jun 2013 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

VenerableSteele
Sergeant First-Class

Postby VenerableSteele » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:23

persistant units would solve alot of problems and make it hulluva awesome
If you can't accept other people's opinions being different from yours, you're very qualified to participate on any internet Forum. - DeuZerre

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 14 Jun 2013 13:05

Persistent units is a no. Too complicated to implement.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Liare
Lieutenant

Postby Liare » Fri 14 Jun 2013 13:16

DeuZerre wrote:Persistent units is a no. Too complicated to implement.
yet persistent units is the only way the current design makes any kind of sense. :(

baconcow
Corporal

Postby baconcow » Fri 14 Jun 2013 13:35

DeuZerre wrote:Persistent units is a no. Too complicated to implement.

I somehow highly doubt that persistent units would be that difficult. Hell, I could save the information, locations, facing directions, ammunition and more, of a single unit group, in a single column of an Excel table and implement them by hand. I doubt that would be very difficult for a computer to do, selectively. A lot of people in threads on this forums are saying "that would be too hard" for many things such as Campaign design, AI design, and more. I don't think they are giving the devs much credit for their talent by doing so. I believe that, with as complicated of a design as Wargame is, the developers are more than capable of handling a lot, if not all, of the requests that this board has asked for. Not saying they could (due to time) or should, but that they are capable.

The problem with a barebones update on the campaign is that many people, including myself, bought Wargame: Airland Battle because it was advertised as having this great single player (and co-op) dynamic campaign. Now that I realize the campaign is just a disappointment, I am hesitant on spending another $30 on a Wargame product again. I rarely pre-order games and usually buy them for $1 - $10 on Steam. If the devs are only going to make minor changes to bandage the campaign, I won't bother buying another product. I am sure there are many that feel the same. The multiplayer already has it's own share of upset buyers, as shown in the other forum. It would be terrible to see such an incredible engine, like Wargame's, go up in smoke because they didn't make a game people would want to buy again and again in future iterations.

DeuZerre

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 14 Jun 2013 13:56

If you like, it would be "Too much dev' time to include this feature and create it from scratch, then debug it"
Marshal honoris causa