Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

fabius
Master Sergeant

Re: Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

Postby fabius » Wed 19 Jun 2013 20:02

DeuZerre wrote:Currently playing a test build for the upcoming changes.

Let me tell you a few (non specific) things:

- Grabbing terrain is more interesting than just "advanced spawn options for the next round"
- Battles are a lot more violent. It needs a bit of fine tuning in my opinion, but it depicts a battlefield slightly better.
- Draws aren't as frustrating as before
- The AI seems improved. Still "stupid decisions" issues, but otherwise they're good and willing to put up a fight.

Fantastic news!! Thanks.

Not sure what I'm most looking forward to; Terrain importance, AI and more violence are all good!

Regarding some stupid decisions- so long as it's not always the same stupidity in x,y,z situations then that's bearable. Humans make them too :)

Breadbox
Captain

Postby Breadbox » Wed 19 Jun 2013 20:48

- Grabbing terrain is more interesting than just "advanced spawn options for the next round"
- Battles are a lot more violent. It needs a bit of fine tuning in my opinion, but it depicts a battlefield slightly better.
- The AI seems improved. Still "stupid decisions" issues, but otherwise they're good and willing to put up a fight.

You marshals are the bearers of Excellent news!This is certainly the best thing that has happened to Wargame for a long time!

Also,may I enquire if the ability to view a region"s tactical map will be added prior to battle,I cannot empathesis how frustrating and tedious to fight Armour Brigades with Marine/Airborne Brigades in an Open map.

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Postby Mr0Buggy » Wed 19 Jun 2013 23:10

This together with M$ accepting their defeat with XBONE has made my day :D ! Can't wait and looking forward to try this out.

noven
Corporal

Postby noven » Thu 20 Jun 2013 00:10

Any word if Coop campaign is in the "imminent" patch?

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Thu 20 Jun 2013 00:11

Sadly, not on my end.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Thu 20 Jun 2013 00:18

We're working on the option to play in coop but it won't be there in time for that patch.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

noven
Corporal

Postby noven » Thu 20 Jun 2013 00:20

FLX wrote:We're working on the option to play in coop but it won't be there in time for that patch.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to the campaign update!

AGTMADCAT
Corporal

Postby AGTMADCAT » Thu 20 Jun 2013 04:20

FLX wrote:We're working on the option to play in coop but it won't be there in time for that patch.

Hooray! Really looking forward to that! Two player only, or possibly 3 or even 4?

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

Postby WWWallace71 » Thu 20 Jun 2013 05:18

AGTMADCAT wrote:

Hooray! Really looking forward to that! Two player only, or possibly 3 or even 4?

I wouldn't push your luck with 3 or 4. 2 is a well rounded number for co-op. Good news as always Marshalls!
Gopblin wrote:(Considering Wallace once posted pics of actual, honest-to-god human excrement to show his attitude towards me, I'm betting bad laughter)

Self-proclaimed rap god of the forums. #spit.

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Thu 20 Jun 2013 05:21

Forgive me for being cynical, but I've read many good and realistic suggestions to improve the campaign, and I dont see a single one on that list. So it seems that the community feedback has fallen on deaf ears.

The big question: Will the AI still earn a draw for not holding any sectors?

If the dev team has no interesting in fixing this one fatal flaw in the campaign, then I might as well un-install the game right now.
RLTW

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”