Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: Any News/Updates on Campaign reform?

Postby DeuZerre » Wed 10 Jul 2013 18:31

That's always been the issue with Eugen: They want to do things properly, thinking that half baked content may be badly received. A release date can't be pushed forever, but the additional content...

You know, they're working on several things at the same time. Cheer up.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Relkathi
Sergeant

Postby Relkathi » Wed 10 Jul 2013 18:40

I think we are all being patient. Think of us not quite as "whiners" but more like kids wanting to open their Christmas presents on Christmas Eve.

TheFunnyOne1125
First Sergeant

Postby TheFunnyOne1125 » Wed 10 Jul 2013 19:02

DeuZerre wrote:That's always been the issue with Eugen: They want to do things properly, thinking that half baked content may be badly received. A release date can't be pushed forever, but the additional content...

Yeah, I know there working on Conquest etc..

I'll cheer up.

At least its not like Xcom. Where I have to wait for dlc till after there done with the IOS port. LOLOLOL. :lol:

INSERT PLUG HERE
I open the forum for'em. They're waiting for me to chime in
And say what I said Simon, I'm debating if I should sign in.

96mgb
Sergeant

Postby 96mgb » Wed 10 Jul 2013 19:40

To be honest although its great they are working on other stuff (gosh I'd love an iOS game), I wish they would concentrate on getting this sorted. It's a large portion of the game that basically is played/unplayable. This needs fixing as a much higher priority than additional content.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Wed 10 Jul 2013 20:53

DeuZerre wrote:That's always been the issue with Eugen: They want to do things properly, thinking that half baked content may be badly received. A release date can't be pushed forever, but the additional content...

But isn't that a problem by itself? Already moving on to the additional content before structuring the campaigns right. If the resources that have moved on are not part of the fixing process (like unit designers rather than coders), then fine, but then your excuse of them working on other stuff too doesn't really work, as it doesn't detract from the work being done on the campaign.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Wed 10 Jul 2013 21:50

They were focusing on bug fixing, balancing and conquest. Bug fixing can be done with many small patches, balancing is pretty much the same, though now the rhythm gets slower for bigger scale, less frequent ones, and conquest is almost done apparently.

The campaign wasn't originally thought to be "that bad" I think, in the sense that they didn't think that they would need such big changes. Now they did the changes, it also caused some weird bugs. Instead of risking an outcry, they're correcting it (as diana olympos pointed out, our version had serious issues with R&R for example. We thought it was fixed but it actually wasn't). This is the reason why it took so long.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Lorik Eolmin
First Sergeant

Postby Lorik Eolmin » Wed 10 Jul 2013 22:19

DeuZerre wrote:They were focusing on bug fixing, balancing and conquest. Bug fixing can be done with many small patches, balancing is pretty much the same, though now the rhythm gets slower for bigger scale, less frequent ones, and conquest is almost done apparently.

The campaign wasn't originally thought to be "that bad" I think, in the sense that they didn't think that they would need such big changes. Now they did the changes, it also caused some weird bugs. Instead of risking an outcry, they're correcting it (as diana olympos pointed out, our version had serious issues with R&R for example. We thought it was fixed but it actually wasn't). This is the reason why it took so long.

Do you have a clue if Conquest will be very different from WEE?

I liked to play Conquest but I didn't always understand the interest of circles. Actually, holding zones and counting the command points in the end of the game could be a good start for such a mode, without adding these circles. A sort of Economy regardless of the use of the command points ingame.

DeuZerre

Postby DeuZerre » Wed 10 Jul 2013 22:49

All I know is that the fellow marshals will be able to test it out this weekend, when I'll be changing apartments... :cry:
Marshal honoris causa

Lorik Eolmin
First Sergeant

Postby Lorik Eolmin » Wed 10 Jul 2013 23:19

Use "G" when you move, just in case.

Kohler794
Corporal

Postby Kohler794 » Wed 10 Jul 2013 23:23

DeuZerre,

Sorry you have to move at the same time the testing comes out. That really sucks but thanks for for telling why it's taking so long. If a test version is going out to you guys this weekend does that mean it's close or do they do that multiple times before release? Also when you say conquest, is that for SP or MP?

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”