Offering Refunds when?

Smaakmaker
Private First-Class

Re: Offering Refunds when?

Postby Smaakmaker » Thu 27 Jun 2013 12:24

Iris wrote:Why not disable friendly fire?

Because without friendly fire you're able to blindly bomb CQC engagements like in towns or forests without damaging your own units.

'Hugging' the enemy so that they can't bomb you is a valid strategy that for example the Soviets used in Stalingrad!

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 27 Jun 2013 13:37

monochromatic wrote:Can't believe people will use the "freedom of speech" argument for racism.

Apart from it isnt, it is being used in a context................................. IE that attacking a company in this day and age for having a freedom of speech isnt a good thing considering its rare and not their fault that some abuse this.

For example, we limit 1 comment, then another, where does the line get drawn? Does my friend have the ability to call me a fag? If not, why, when i wont be offended and its a running joke in my community because i am not straight and to hard to go into(no pun intended).

But you get the point i hope, that its hard to control speech, especially on the internet and when context likely isnt going to be known.

Sure, some people should be banned for the most extreme, but all i can say is toughen up, i have been called worse then what these tools on the chat say, its only words in the end from chairborne commando leetmen.
Last edited by Mitchverr on Thu 27 Jun 2013 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Thu 27 Jun 2013 13:41

Mitchverr wrote:[...]from chairborne commando leetmen.

I knew armchair commanders/gernerals, but chairborne commando is genius!
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 27 Jun 2013 13:45

DeuZerre wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:[...]from chairborne commando leetmen.

I knew armchair commanders/gernerals, but chairborne commando is genius!

Glad you approve :)

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 27 Jun 2013 15:52

Moonijuana wrote:When are you going to start offering refunds since you guys have no intent on disabling rampant racists, team killers and griefers who have no intent on making this game playable for others?

Have you ever heard of anyone getting a refund for a Call of Duty game? You realize what you just said applies to those games just as much?

Spend some time on X-Box live with voice chat. Feel your humanity slip away.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Postby loosebruce » Thu 27 Jun 2013 16:01

Steam will give you refunds for games, but you need to do it through support ticket.

I did it for Shogun 2 Total War as t has stopped working after Fall Of The Samurai patch.

Moonijuana
Sergeant

Postby Moonijuana » Wed 10 Jul 2013 09:08

To all the nay sayers, vindication. Enjoy your future bans racists and team killers.

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Wed 10 Jul 2013 09:38

Moonijuana wrote:To all the nay sayers, vindication. Enjoy your future bans racists and team killers.

Somebody's mad.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Shimmler
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Shimmler » Wed 10 Jul 2013 09:55

I overpayed for the game (payed $30 when it should have been $15), both Steam and Eugen said it's Focus' fault. I contatced them 2 times and they remain silent for almost a week. Funny how company with great income behaves because of greed to return 15 bucks.

LapsedPacifist
Corporal

Postby LapsedPacifist » Wed 10 Jul 2013 18:00

monochromatic wrote:Can't believe people will use the "freedom of speech" argument for racism. I am not sure about the US, but I believe in my country and in a good part of the developed world you can't just go out offending people and proclaiming "the holocaust was a great idea!" And say "hey, free speech!". Offending someone is often like this is frequently enough to bring you to the police station in many places: freedom of speech is not the same as anarchy, and your rights of saying what you think end where my right of not being insulted begin.

Having racists running free right on Eugen's nose is unacceptable, and they shouldn't do nothing.

I am in agreement. It is a fundamental misunderstanding of "freedom of speech" as laid down in the UN declaration of human rights, the US constitution or virtually anywhere else that an individual can say anything to anyone at anytime. If you racially abuse someone in the street you will get arrested in my country and rightly so. Or you'll get worse from those involved if you succeed in provoking the violence you are seeking to provoke (and in my opinion you'll deserve it and a whole lot more besides).

I don't want to arrest these idiots on Wargame but really...

Do you think racism is going to be stopped by ignoring it?

And how many of those who are blase about this racist abuse and think everyone should just "toughen up" are white?
"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill" - Churchill

"War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god." - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”