Let us play any size game on any size map (2v2 on 5v5 map)

Zoring
Warrant Officer

Let us play any size game on any size map (2v2 on 5v5 map)

Postby Zoring » Tue 2 Jul 2013 05:52

Hello chaps,

I predominantly play 2v2 with my friend, this means that I have played all of the 2v2 maps extensively, but have probably not even seen some of the larger maps except in singleplayer. Can we please have it changed so that we can select any map to be played on any sized game.

At the least have it so that you can play on the bigger maps with the smaller numbers of players so no 10v10 on a 1v1 map (although 2v2 on 1v1 map would still probably work) but a 1v1 on a 10v10 map should still be viable if people want to play like that.

This will give us a lot more variety and allow people who want more room to maneuver the chance to do so. It may lead to some balance issues with the capture points but this can be tweaked in further patches.
Want to know how to make 116 redundant units usable? Click to read my thread on Recon Refitting!

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Re: Let us play any size game on any size map (2v2 on 5v5 ma

Postby Keinutnai » Tue 2 Jul 2013 06:53

+1000

I find games with less than 4v4 much less exciting because I like to play with multiple friends at once, which means I am restricted to 5 maps and thats getting boring.

In W:EE I had over 15 maps to choose from (for 4v4)
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

makhot
Warrant Officer

Postby makhot » Tue 2 Jul 2013 06:59

+1, I'm playing mostly 4vs4 with friends too and the limited the map pool is getting quite repetitive already.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Tue 2 Jul 2013 08:00

Eugen has already stated they won't be doing this, although pretty much everyone wants it. To many units on such a small map causes to many complaints and moans.

But I'm still +1 with no map restriction!

Selkares
Brigadier

Postby Selkares » Tue 2 Jul 2013 08:03

I can see and understand why the devs want to limit players on the map.
But it's badly done imo.
I'd rather limit points per map but not players.

6000 points on Highway to oslo may be game-breaking but that means points must be limited, not players.
Playing 4v4 on Highway to Oslo but with 2000 points per team should be allowed...

TLDR
The only restriction should be a max number of points per team on certain maps, no player limit.

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Tue 2 Jul 2013 08:34

Didn't Eugen say that they would consider doing this a while after release. They didn't deny it out of hand(well, it took 'em a while to say they wouldn't do W:EE mod tools either :mrgreen: ), so there might be a chance.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Okim
Staff Sergeant

Postby Okim » Tue 2 Jul 2013 09:05

+1

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Tue 2 Jul 2013 09:08

Selkares wrote:I can see and understand why the devs want to limit players on the map.
But it's badly done imo.
I'd rather limit points per map but not players.

6000 points on Highway to oslo may be game-breaking but that means points must be limited, not players.
Playing 4v4 on Highway to Oslo but with 2000 points per team should be allowed...

TLDR
The only restriction should be a max number of points per team on certain maps, no player limit.

And again +1 ... i suggested this some weeks ago as well ;-)
But there seems to be no change :( But i am looking forward because i got a hint, that they are maybe working on new 3v3/4v4 maps ... :roll:

We are really getting boring of the few 4v4 maps ...

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”