the balance

Gopblin
Major-General

Re: the balance

Postby Gopblin » Sun 7 Jul 2013 04:26

I'll just leave this here for people claiming PACT has better helos, arty, infantry, etc.:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=32510

I do have to say obr.1986 is good though. Try it guys, low ammo and vulnerability are the only problems. But now that T80A has been removed not like mixed PACT has much of a choice.

Best wishes,
Daniel
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

Scharnberg
Master Sergeant

Postby Scharnberg » Sun 7 Jul 2013 12:32

Gopblin wrote:I'll just leave this here for people claiming PACT has better helos, arty, infantry, etc.:

http://wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=32510

I do have to say obr.1986 is good though. Try it guys, low ammo and vulnerability are the only problems. But now that T80A has been removed not like mixed PACT has much of a choice.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Faction balance II is the most PACT-fanboy thread ever, funny enough made by you, who is making 70% of all Buff PACT threads :).

I play about the same NATO as i do USSR. And i have a higher win ratio with USSR - so yea totaly underpowered. I too was abit anoyed over the avability nerf and i think they went to far making the T-80A a prototype but i think a USSR deck is equally strong compared to a NATO-Mixed deck. You are really seeming to forget all of USSRs strong sides which you need to use inorder to win. If you know how to smoke right and how to use the BMPT in support of your tanks, you cant lose a tank battle. The hardest part is keeping your AA up by your advanceing forces. Had a game here yesterday, kicked his ass in the tank battles but ended up loseing the battle as my 3 buks didnt hit with as much as 1 missle against his planes when they were comeing for my Buks (how unlucky can one be). There after he just send wave and wave of planes against my army and i didnt have the time to get new AA up to the front. :(
Pro Rege Et Grege

Wintermote
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Wintermote » Sun 7 Jul 2013 13:31

Scharnberg wrote:I play about the same NATO as i do USSR. And i have a higher win ratio with USSR - so yea totaly underpowered. I too was abit anoyed over the avability nerf and i think they went to far making the T-80A a prototype but i think a USSR deck is equally strong compared to a NATO-Mixed deck. You are really seeming to forget all of USSRs strong sides which you need to use inorder to win. If you know how to smoke right and how to use the BMPT in support of your tanks, you cant lose a tank battle. The hardest part is keeping your AA up by your advanceing forces. Had a game here yesterday, kicked his ass in the tank battles but ended up loseing the battle as my 3 buks didnt hit with as much as 1 missle against his planes when they were comeing for my Buks (how unlucky can one be). There after he just send wave and wave of planes against my army and i didnt have the time to get new AA up to the front. :(

I've had similar happen to me as a NATO player.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sun 7 Jul 2013 15:18

Konkurs is fine.
Agree with everything else.
Konkurs is available on the BDRM2, BMP2, BMP-1, UAZ, Infantry. So many platforms compared to Milan. Basically by making it have high AP you kill off NATO armour, because every Tom, Dick and Harry unit has a bloody Konkurs with 20+ AP and cost LESS than your cheapest TOW carrier! Fantastic well done! Love to see 15 Konkurs missiles with 20+AP streak out and kill your tanks in one salvo! Fantastic! Now players actually need SKILL to use em instead of 'dump and fire' youre bount to get em boy! Dont forget the MiG-27s and Mi-24s with their guns and missiles coming in to rape your Leopard2A4s! Ooops! 1/4 of your force gone! Sorry, better luck next time! Those T-72s are gonna have their way with your unSEADed AA and putiful amounts of TOW and Milans!
Leave konkurs as it is. Wasnt particularly 'awesome' in real life anyways.

But...
Fagot should have AP of 16 as it is on par with Milan.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Sun 7 Jul 2013 15:33

agree completely
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

HarryD
Master Sergeant

Postby HarryD » Mon 8 Jul 2013 00:22

wargamer1985 wrote:Increase T80U availability
increase T64 availability
decrease Pact Arty supply costs
make Russian T72 more accuracy and AP

NATO

give Leo2A4 andM1A1 6 availability
give LAV 2 front armor and make a prototype
F-15C gets hardened or veteran status

Edit: give fagot a AP 16

aha, I love the Pact part:
Allow USSR to spam their unstoppable top - tier tanks.
Allow USSR to spam their top - tier arty, which is more accurate than Paveway 2.
Allow USSR to spam MOAR tanks.

To all Pact fans: THANKS GOD T-64BV AND T-80BV SPAM ENEDED AFTER THE LAST PATCH. THIS IS THE BEST IMPROVEMENT TO THE GAME BALANCE DURING ITS EXISTENCE, HIGHLY NECESSARY FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE BETA. AT LEAST NOW USSR PLAYERS WILL LEARN TACTICS AND MICROCONTROL AND STOP BRAILESSLY SPAM THESE UNREALISTICALLY OVERPOWERED TOP TANKS. In Eugen's shoes I'd never ever ever ever ever never ever ever never never ever ever never change that.
Last edited by BTR on Mon 8 Jul 2013 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflammatory
Furthermore I consider that Buratino must lose it's NPLM trait.

HarryD in Steam and Wargame RD

Previously known as Wore on the forums

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Mon 8 Jul 2013 01:15

I was never bothered by tank spam since I always found a counter cough cough* M1A1 cough*
but if a availability increases are not favored then ok but I still think that Arty supply cost needs to be decreased

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Mon 8 Jul 2013 15:40

@Goblin

Pact has better inf AT weapons
Pact has better attack helis
Pact has terrific tanks

why do you think pact is UP?

if Madmat can see this please respond to my ideas
(want to hear your thoughts)

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Mon 8 Jul 2013 16:01

Lets vote
+1 if you like this
-1 if not and why

solaris
Lieutenant

Postby solaris » Mon 8 Jul 2013 16:19

wargamer1985 wrote:@Goblin

Pact has better inf AT weapons
Pact has better attack helis
Pact has terrific tanks

why do you think pact is UP?

He'll firmly disagree with inf AT weapons and for the most part I'd agree with him. Pact only have the upper hand in the large infantry squad category because the M72 is a rocket propelled turd. If you're building a cat a mixed nato (according to him the only way anyone ever plays nato), you get RBS56 and MilanF2 which are both potent ATGM teams. With attack helis, as far as I've seen, the existence of a single cat a mixed nato availability 6 hellfire platform means that all the Mi-24s, Mi-8s, and Mi-2/4s Pact can lay their hands on mean absolutely nothing. If TOW equipped Helos actually reliably stopped directly at 2650 meters away from their targets, we'd have a serious problem, but they always overshoot by a few hundred meters, putting them in range of the invariable ShilkaSh!tstorm that any pact player can field.

Since (according to him) Nato has easy and cheap access to the best ATGMs, the (very slim mind you since the T55 nerfs mean he can't put 90 of them on the field and expect them to clean house) advantage of better tanks doesn't mean anything.
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”