Infantry vs Tanks - What Happened?

StormTalon627
Master Sergeant

Infantry vs Tanks - What Happened?

Postby StormTalon627 » Fri 12 Jul 2013 00:49

4 games in a row infantry have utterly failed me. I don't understand what is happening here. I used to use infantry with great effectiveness in forests or at the bottom of hills to fight armor, and I generally had good, fair results for such an encounter. All of a sudden today every time I attempt to do this, a tank comes right in RPG/LAW range of my inf and kills several squads without so much as getting scratched. The final straw for me was when EIGHT panzergrenadiers were slaughtered in a thick forest by a lone T80A that was pushing its way through, where they managed to inflict a singe point of damage and that is it. So what happened? Why is this tried and true tactic suddenly not working at all? Have any of you faced similar circumstances? Should I give up on infantry altogether? Why are my precious infantry tactics now worthless!? :cry:
Thanks guys! 8-)

Corsair
Lieutenant

Re: Infantry vs Tanks - What Happened?

Postby Corsair » Fri 12 Jul 2013 00:52

StormTalon627 wrote:4 games in a row infantry have utterly failed me. I don't understand what is happening here. I used to use infantry with great effectiveness in forests or at the bottom of hills to fight armor, and I generally had good, fair results for such an encounter. All of a sudden today every time I attempt to do this, a tank comes right in RPG/LAW range of my inf and kills several squads without so much as getting scratched. The final straw for me was when EIGHT panzergrenadiers were slaughtered in a thick forest by a lone T80A that was pushing its way through, where they managed to inflict a singe point of damage and that is it. So what happened? Why is this tried and true tactic suddenly not working at all? Have any of you faced similar circumstances? Should I give up on infantry altogether? Why are my precious infantry tactics now worthless!? :cry:
Thanks guys! 8-)

If your Panzergrenadiere were on the move, it's "normal". They don't fire their PzF-44 on the move.
To avoid microing, use the attack move (A) order - that way, they will stop and attack every threat they see. Once it has been destroyed, they'll reach their initial destination.

Thus, any tank (except the BMPT which will resist more easily) in towns or in forests will not last very long.

But, if they were static.. I don't understand then. Do you have a replay, please ?

Hartmann
Lieutenant

Postby Hartmann » Fri 12 Jul 2013 00:56

Were they panicked?

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Fri 12 Jul 2013 00:57

Somehow I do not believe this guy. I'm a 80% infantry person, and rarely use tanks. Infantry has never let me down if you use them correctly. Obviously with your infantry they were either blocked by terrain or on the move. There's no-way a panicked(and yes a panicked) tank would be able to destroy 8 squads of infantry.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Fri 12 Jul 2013 00:58

Hartmann wrote:Were they panicked?

If the infantry was panicked and did terrible against a t-80 tank then I quit this game.(due to the new patch)

dimabernat
Warrant Officer

Postby dimabernat » Fri 12 Jul 2013 01:07

EliteSniper wrote:

If the infantry was panicked and did terrible against a t-80 tank then I quit this game.(due to the new patch)

What changed in last patch that you quite? Bug fix?

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Fri 12 Jul 2013 01:11

dimabernat wrote:
EliteSniper wrote:

What changed in last patch that you quite? Bug fix?

Umm it made the infantry's accuracy crap when it get's panicked. Funny thing is it get's panicked as soon as other infantry fire on it. Stupid patch, it should've just done something with the launcher accuracy.

Aikmofobi
Lieutenant

Postby Aikmofobi » Fri 12 Jul 2013 01:12

Infantry had no accuracy penalty at panicked prior to this patch.

Ninja'd

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Fri 12 Jul 2013 01:14

Aikmofobi wrote:Infantry had no accuracy penalty at panicked prior to this patch.

Ninja'd

Yeah, yet they get panicked right off the bat as soon as fired upon. I guess that 6 week basic training did nothing to them. Guess they are just like civilians running as soon as they hear a gunshot.

It was more realistic before the patch.

Uncle_Joe
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Uncle_Joe » Fri 12 Jul 2013 01:15

Yep, that bug fix crippled infantry. I don't know why they fixed it (it's been happening since beta) without making any tweaks to infantry to compensate.

All balance between infantry and AFVs went out the window with this patch.
"Don't you know that in the Service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?"