Infantry vs Tanks - What Happened?

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Infantry vs Tanks - What Happened?

Postby EliteSniper » Fri 12 Jul 2013 06:48

Who cares about a T-90 we're worried about a game of infantry vs. tanks. Not a t-90 in real life and if it exists in a certain country.

zbone
Second-Lieutenant

Postby zbone » Fri 12 Jul 2013 06:51

Kid, URL to the video and timestamp of T90 appearance or GTFO.

Phaeton
First Sergeant

Postby Phaeton » Fri 12 Jul 2013 06:56

Yesterday I play ranked. My initial group is fighters + infantry. My infantry group storms the town in the center of the map. My group consisting of:
3 Motostrelki in BTR-60PA1
3 Motostrelki in BTR-60PA1
2 Konkurs in BTR-60PA1
2 Iglas in BTR-60PA1
1 Spetsnaz VMF in BTR-60PA1
1 Spetsnaz in BTR-60PA1

I face enemy group near the town. Firefight proceed inside the town. Enemy group consisting of:

4 MBT70 or Starship
4 MBT70 or Starship
2 PIVADs
2 PIVADs
2 American choppers with rockets, cheap
1 Armored reckon vehicle

I win this firefight, completely destroy enemy forces. I have taken heavy losses, but capture town - major point on the battlefield.
I remain 3 Motostrelki and both Spetsnaz, and 4 BTRs.

I can provide replay in the evening. So, my point is: infantry strong, even now. It is capable of assaulting towns effectively. It is cheap, and that is very important. It is stealthy. So, I can't see grounds for doom propheting. Infantry works and I like it.
Loyalty is it's own reward - Lion El'Jonson

dimabernat
Warrant Officer

Postby dimabernat » Fri 12 Jul 2013 07:33

zbone wrote:

Kid, URL to the video and timestamp of T90 appearance or GTFO.

What are u even saying?

Shimmler
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Shimmler » Fri 12 Jul 2013 07:58

LOL on this thread.

Guys, even 6 week of training will still make you your pants when you see a tank in 500 meters shooting an HE round in your squad, turning your mates in freaking bloody mess.

Panicked infantry without accuracy penalty was a game-breaking bug: 40 people could hold of aganst several tank squads - and that's complete BS. And don'tlet m started against those Space Marines from downed choppers. Right now balance is superb - infantry ubder fire gets panicked, while multiple infantry squads digged in towns still make them impassable for enemy armor.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Fri 12 Jul 2013 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

elmoking
Lieutenant

Postby elmoking » Fri 12 Jul 2013 08:02

Good. I want to play Wargame Air Land Battle, not Armed Assault Zoomout.

Tho if elitesniper wants to talk about how he wants ~realistic inf pwning tanks~ I would like him to explain to how to fit 10 men into a humvee :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by elmoking on Fri 12 Jul 2013 08:10, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 12 Jul 2013 08:09

When did Syria get T-90s?
Wait....they didn't! Those 'T-90s' are T-72SIM1 or T-72AV with reactive armour tiles. The diagonally placed reactive tiles are the AV variant whilst the more evenly spread round the contours of the tank are the SIM1 variant.
And please! Killing a tank with a hand grenade. :roll: Rambo aye? The only possible way to 'kill' a tank with a hand grenade is to chuck it down the hatch....which you CAN'T because the tank is likely 90% of the time buttoned up(all hatches closed) a hand grenade would only serve to scratch the paint off the tank, if your lucky it might break the tank's optics and periscopes but thats the most it will be 'killed'
Please do some research before posting.
Even the MATADOR one of the latest most advanced Light AT weapons cited by my source 'will confirm not punch through a MBT, even the side armour.'
Syrian Armed Forces are not good source of evidence regarding the tank's actual performance and capabilities similar to the Iraqis. They are a poor source of comparison. Maybe next time try comparing Russian tank performance in Chechnya and Afghanistan where real unmodified tanks were used.
Syrian forces uses tanks poorly, the T-72s are usually penetrated from behind and the top or by a tandem warhead weapon like the RPG-29.
In my opinion what allthese videos show despite their models and armour composition is that the Soviet or Russian tanks are optimised for protection but not for survivability.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Fri 12 Jul 2013 08:10

Shimmler wrote:LOL on this thread.

Panicked infantry without accuracy penalty was a game-breaking bug: 40 people could hold of aganst several tank squads - and that's complete BS.

I've participated in several exercises against armour. Our company (dug in) once held off A reinforced armoured battalion gor 24 hours inflicting enough casualties on them to render them combat ineffective.
Viker for ingen!

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Fri 12 Jul 2013 08:17

elmoking wrote:Good. I want to play Wargame Air Land Battle, not Armed Assault Zoomout.

Tho if elitesniper wants to talk about how he wants ~realistic inf pwning tanks~ I would like him to explain to how to fit 10 men into a humvee

I would love to know that myself. I would also love to know how 15 marines can fit into a Huey, and how a Nighthawk barely inflicts damage to a T-55 when it's main role is tank busting. If there's one thing about this game I learned, it was a lot of mysteries surround this game.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”