Friends getting banned from this forum---I object

Russo
Staff Sergeant

Friends getting banned from this forum---I object

Postby Russo » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:13

Dear Eugen Systems, Focus Entertainment, Wargame Marshals, Forum Moderators, Wargame Community,

I have heard very disturbing reports that a moderator of this forum has banned a player for making a forum post. This friend tells me he used no foul language and simply stated that certain PLF players use questionable tactics. I also understand that if the post was deemed crude that the correct action would have been to moderate the post, and perhaps message the user in question.

Many of you know how much time and effort I have put into this game along with the help of my mates.

I would like to remind all of the marshals that this forum is the official forum of the greatest RTS ever Wargame: European Escalation and Wargame: Airland Battle.

I demand that the Marshal's of this forum are reviewed and if any of their own rules and responsibilities were compromised that they be reprimanded and/or revoked of their privileges.

Signed,

Russo (DiNero)

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Friends getting banned from this forum---I object

Postby Hidden Gunman » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:16

Edited because it didn't come out right on reconsideration.

As someone pointed out after my post, there are forum rules.

Marshals are not moderators, and don't carry out that function...I can't understand why marshals would have anything to do with this matter. If, however, there is some breach of the forum rules by a marshall, then it should be pointed out that they are just as subject to moderator action, and the same rules, as anyone else. Probably moreso because of the position they hold, and the added scrutiny that gets applied to them by both the community and Eugen.
Last edited by Hidden Gunman on Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:27, edited 1 time in total.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Russo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Russo » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:21

I'm asking for a forum moderator, or a Eugen representative to reply to my post because the people whom would object to their ban, are banned.

Russo

Kilrauko
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kilrauko » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:22

I predict this thread will go to places. If nothing else, the locked bin.

But I'm also in semi-nice mood so http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=9473 for forum rules... and from there few highlights;

-No discussing moderator actions in public.
-They reserve right to ban anyone at anytime

Sorry to say, those are your options mate, should have sent pm to admins if you wants mods to be looked at...

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:24

Maybe you could state the moderators name? I know a moderator who doesn't oby by the rules. Surprised he's still a moderator.

Edit: Assume this thread will be locked, you're not allowed to question a moderators/marshals action against another user, or against yourself.

Russo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Russo » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:38

Kilrauko wrote:I predict this thread will go to places. If nothing else, the locked bin.

But I'm also in semi-nice mood so http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=9473 for forum rules... and from there few highlights;

-No discussing moderator actions in public.
-They reserve right to ban anyone at anytime

Sorry to say, those are your options mate, should have sent pm to admins if you wants mods to be looked at...

I'm trying to figure out what is going on in this forum, If i actually knew what the moderator actions were then I would perhaps hesitate to discuss them in public. All i have now is a couple of banned friends and an abundance of disillusion for the forum moderator(s).

Kilrauko
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kilrauko » Sat 13 Jul 2013 04:50

Russo wrote:I'm trying to figure out what is going on in this forum, If i actually knew what the moderator actions were then I would perhaps hesitate to discuss them in public. All i have now is a couple of banned friends and an abundance of disillusion for the forum moderator(s).

See, that's the thing. You have your friends word against moderator actions. You cannot know what is behind, has your friend made "I rape you" threats to someone in PM? Perhaps the mod is powertripping? In a forum where the rules state anyone can receive banana at any time for any reason, you don't exactly have lot of ground to stand on to claim injustice. Then you make this thread, directly assaulting said "unjust moderators/whoever" and by doing so you break the rules, giving them excuse reason to hand you banana as well. My suggestion is to edit your OP in this thread and pray it's enough, also toss PM at Freki (the focus staff member) who made the post I linked and list;

1) The various nicks of your friends.
2) Request that the case will be looked upon and that you will be emailed once he has seen the pm.

After that it's up in the air, since it's weekend don't expect anything to happen before monday, heck most likely for week or so, unless you hear nothing resend the message asking if it was received, perhaps add one Eugen staff member you've seen to be active during that week as recipient as well. If you receive answer "he was douche, hence banana lol" accept it but for the love of god dont argue with it from that point onwards, just accept it and move on in life, if that means not taking part in the forums, well it's their loss right?

Russo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Russo » Sat 13 Jul 2013 05:19

glad you are enjoying the thread kalrauko (sp?)

I am making a thread to get the answers, I am NOT making a thread because I have the answers.

dimabernat
Warrant Officer

Postby dimabernat » Sat 13 Jul 2013 05:22

Well it refreshing to see some new topics on the forum and same old OP NERF BUFF and crying topics 1 after the other

Ow and sorry Russo that you're friend get banned.
There a saying I love to use. "When they close the door on you just go throw the window" :) "The Israeli way"

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Sat 13 Jul 2013 05:26

Can you just list who was involved and what he posted.

Also seriously is it a rule that you can not question a mod/marshal that seems a little Orwell.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”