Things that were over nerfed[imo]

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: Things that were over nerfed[imo]

Postby DeuZerre » Sun 14 Jul 2013 22:04

DiabloTigerSix wrote:
DeuZerre wrote:The difference is IIRC (no way to open the game here) that the PUMA has 6HP compared to the 4 HP of the LYNX meaning two AA hits are needed if you don't have a rapier, and that the PUMA can be available in huge numbers: 20x3 = 60 with chasseurs, for rather cheap, while (IIRC) the Lynx can't get 10 pts infantry.

So why not a simple price nerf instead?

Why would you make a unit cost more than the relatively similar one, simply ecause it's more available?

The true solution would have been to only make them available to some specific troops, but it would have been a whole lot more work.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Sun 14 Jul 2013 22:20

I have to admit that as a dedicated Pact player, I do miss the Nuka-bombs in the 1000kg range. For Pact, it was the poor man's nighthawk, so to speak. On top of that, it looked the part. That said, though, the compensator is in the Su25 (czech (?) version)...I'm not sure if it was 'nerfed', but with 24x240mm rockets, it's still seeming to do the job - Point to note though, I feel those rockets could have range extended from 1400m to 2000m.

Once again, I'm not convinced there is a problem with infantry.

It seems that there are two schools of thought regarding the infantry issue - some are experiencing problems, some aren't. With that sort of split, there has to be more to it than unit stats and capabilities. If anyone is going to be on in 12 hours time, I'd be more than happy to run a test game to understand the problem better (got to go to work on this dreary winter's day in central aussieland :( )
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Sun 14 Jul 2013 22:22

I have a brilliant time with infantry in all sorts of situations.

The numbers of T-80s that have fallen to the hands of elite Royal Marines with Carl Gustavs in my mechanised deck is quite something. The only thing that worries me is Spetsnaz, and even then, they're not so scary when your men are at elite veterancy too.

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Sun 14 Jul 2013 22:23

I feel that the LAV-25 has received one too many nerfs.

busboy
Warrant Officer

Postby busboy » Sun 14 Jul 2013 22:44

Falcrack wrote:I feel that the LAV-25 has received one too many nerfs.

Yup. I personally think it needs its 2 frontal armor back and be restricted to USMC only decks. Stug had this proposal months ago now.

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Sun 14 Jul 2013 22:52

For the price it's a kickass unit still. Glad it's not a proto...

Uncle_Joe
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Uncle_Joe » Sun 14 Jul 2013 23:19

DoktorvonWer wrote:I have a brilliant time with infantry in all sorts of situations.

The numbers of T-80s that have fallen to the hands of elite Royal Marines with Carl Gustavs in my mechanised deck is quite something. The only thing that worries me is Spetsnaz, and even then, they're not so scary when your men are at elite veterancy too.

Yes, but therein lies a good chunk of this game's problems...'quality inflation'.

You rarely see 'normal' troops on the field...it's usually Royal Marines, USMC, VDV, Rangers, Jager Commandos, RiMA, Legion, and a host of Scandinavian elites that I can't even pronounce/spell lol.

Riflemen, Moto-strelki, and other 'stock' infantry are much more rare than the supposed 'elite' formations and that's where the problems come in....these 'elite' troops are doing an adequate job, but 'regular' troops (ie, trained infantry) are still basically useless.

Wargame has always suffered from this inflation because it allows such a silly mix of nationalities and services...marines with paras and tanks all in the same unit? Hogwash. But because of that, these 'elite' troops become the norm and now they perform the way I think NORMAL infantry should, not as elite troops.

Try not using Royal Marines and Stormeres and VDV etc and see how your infantry do. I can tell you now, you won't be overly impressed lol. Yes, if you put them to Veteran or Elite they can perform OK, but again, that is a problem. Trained and Hardened TANKS perform just fine....why do infantry have to be top of the line to do their job?
"Don't you know that in the Service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?"

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 02:41

DeuZerre wrote:
EliteSniper wrote:3. My personal favorite and I hope it get's fixed, transport helicopters[NATO]. So now that you raised NATO helicopter transport to outrageous prices how about price increasing PACTs?

Still nothing has been done about the 30 point gunships that seem to make it very hard for NATO to get a foothold. Now since NATO has to spend over 20 points for a Huey with a mini gun on it, it takes an act of god to get to the center first. I'm really surprised they increased it after non-stop people showing and telling how easy it is to counter, and then to raise to the pact gunship/transport level when it only has a mini gun compared to 2 rocket pods? Seriously?

10 points for the cheapest NATO transport chopper.
Increasing tranport helicopter's price from 5 to 10 is outrageous? Nerfing the Puma Pirate is Outrageous? Now it's only HE, it could get the price reduction back, but it deserved its old price.
PACT has armoured and armed tranport helos, but none come cheap. Asymmetrical balance.

More like 5 to 15, and 15 to 25. Yet they do little to nothing when it comes down to it. They are just a transport for infantry. Yet PACT can field 30 point gunships, 5 points more then a twin huey! Yes that is outrageous. And the only choppers that got from 5 to 10 is the German huey which transports recon infantry. At least minor nations should be cheaper.....not outrageous.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 02:43

That it has. I don't even use it in my American deck anymore. I use the LVPT.

Gopblin
Major-General

Postby Gopblin » Mon 15 Jul 2013 02:56

Not sure what the problem is, miniguns wipe Mi8 choppers from the sky, while Mi24 are way too expensive for initial insertions.
Also, Dornier 205 was used to drop Jagers all over the place, which was a problem.
And which helo has price increased from 5 to 15 points? Don't remember this in the patch notes.

Best wishes,
Daniel.
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”