Things that were over nerfed[imo]

Gopblin
Major-General

Re: Things that were over nerfed[imo]

Postby Gopblin » Mon 15 Jul 2013 04:26

EliteSniper wrote:What I just seen, enrages me even more.

A 20 point gunship! OMFG why is the Huey 20 points when it doesn't have the range, or does damage the MI-8 does?!?!
http://i.imgur.com/nkfkvcy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2WqRUc1.jpg

Is this some troll Eugen is doing?

I see you looked in the armory for the first time. Keep looking, you may find other amazing things in there.

On a more serious note, Huey kills the Mi8 on initial deployment, Mi8 is marginally more useful later in the game although against competent AA both of em are toast.

Best wishes,
Daniel.
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

busboy
Warrant Officer

Postby busboy » Mon 15 Jul 2013 04:31

A 20 point gunship! OMFG why is the Huey 20 points when it doesn't have the range, or does damage the MI-8 does?!?!

I'm sure every soldier in the history of war to realize that all this weren't equal declared OMFG TROLL! and stopped fighting until things were "balanced."

Honest to God. If stuff is wrong, show WHY its wrong so it can be fixed. Otherwise, this is nonsense.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 04:45

Gopblin wrote:

On a more serious note, Huey kills the Mi8 on initial deployment, Mi8 is marginally more useful later in the game.
Umm, if the player is smart he's going to call in a fighter to destroy the hueys. Doesn't take much to bring one down, yet it takes 2 hits from a NATO fighter or a manpad to take down a Mi-8.

P.S, the MI-8T used to be 30 points, not 20.

Corsair
Lieutenant

Postby Corsair » Mon 15 Jul 2013 04:49

Umm, if the player is smart he's going to call in a fighter to destroy the hueys. Doesn't take much to bring one down, yet it takes 2 hits from a NATO fighter or a manpad to take down a Mi-8.

P.S, the MI-8T used to be 30 points, not 20.

But Mi-8T is:
- unable to shoot back at helicopters
- must be stationary when firing rockets
- slower
- bigger (more chances to get hit)

Also, it is not very "smart" to bring a fighter to kill one Huey, considering that supporting vehicles are not far behind.. :)

Finally, the Mi-8TV (with PKT or NSV machinegun) is 30pts (Mi-8T was always 20) :)

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 15 Jul 2013 04:53

Corsair wrote:Mi-8TV (with PKT or NSV machinegun) is 30pts (Mi-8T was always 20) :)

Mi-8TV is 25 points. The (misnamed) Mi-17 is 30 points.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Corsair
Lieutenant

Postby Corsair » Mon 15 Jul 2013 04:54

Xeno426 wrote:
Corsair wrote:Mi-8TV (with PKT or NSV machinegun) is 30pts (Mi-8T was always 20) :)

Mi-8TV is 25 points. The (misnamed) Mi-17 is 30 points.

My bad :oops:

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:02

Thought it used to be 30 but I must've been looking at the motorloski+MI-8T. MI-8TV has Guns, ATGMs and Rockets right? All for the small price of 25 points?

NVM that is the MI-4V(price 35), Sorry if I don't know the names and prices of all units on PACT side, for I rarely use them and just don't like them, but I know I've seen a lot of spams from PACT transports, yet never seen(swear to god) a nato transport spam.(Only seen like two out of over 300+ games, and they were on my side and we were playing against A.I or a friend.)
Last edited by EliteSniper on Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:09, edited 2 times in total.

Corsair
Lieutenant

Postby Corsair » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:07

EliteSniper wrote:Thought it used to be 30 but I must've been looking at the motorloski+MI-8T. MI-8TV has Guns, ATGMs and Rockets right? All for the small price of 25 points?

S-5 (or S-8?) rockets and a NSV machine gun (the NSV being the only difference with -8T).
Only Mi-8 with ATGW ingame is the E-Ger Mi-8TBK (4 Malyutkas).

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:21

Corsair wrote:
EliteSniper wrote:Thought it used to be 30 but I must've been looking at the motorloski+MI-8T. MI-8TV has Guns, ATGMs and Rockets right? All for the small price of 25 points?

S-5 (or S-8?) rockets and a NSV machine gun (the NSV being the only difference with -8T).
Only Mi-8 with ATGW ingame is the E-Ger Mi-8TBK (4 Malyutkas).

The Mi-4 and Mi-4A have S-8 rockets... but those aren't transports and have sub-200km/h speed.

Regarding the Mi-8 series, there was quite a lot of complaints from PACT players how much better the NATO ones were because they were so cheap, allowing for more effective helo spam. I guess the grass is always greener...
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:26

NATO helicopter spams? I've only seen 2 before in my life in private matches out of 300+ games. Yet every game I enter I see 1 PACT player spamming up the cheap and very effective PACT transport choppers. Yet nothing is done about those...............................

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”