F-15c vs Su-27s

solaris
Lieutenant

Re: F-15c vs Su-27s

Postby solaris » Mon 15 Jul 2013 06:21

EliteSniper wrote:Nah, 59 stealth aircraft is quite high for stealth aircraft. The B-2 only has 20 ever built, the F-117 has 59 ever built and the YF-23 stealth fighter only has 2 ever built. Prototype based on production? I think not.

Then you and I will need to disagree on the distinction between prototype and production. I would also classify the B-2 as a prototype given its low numbers and cutting edge-over-practicality design. Also, clever of you to drop the 23 instead of the 22, seeing as the 23 lost the contract and thus was never pursued, as opposed to the intended full production run of the 22 (cut short by the good people of congress in favor of... well, that's another topic.)
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 06:29

solaris wrote:
EliteSniper wrote:Nah, 59 stealth aircraft is quite high for stealth aircraft. The B-2 only has 20 ever built, the F-117 has 59 ever built and the YF-23 stealth fighter only has 2 ever built. Prototype based on production? I think not.

Then you and I will need to disagree on the distinction between prototype and production. I would also classify the B-2 as a prototype given its low numbers and cutting edge-over-practicality design. Also, clever of you to drop the 23 instead of the 22, seeing as the 23 lost the contract and thus was never pursued, as opposed to the intended full production run of the 22 (cut short by the good people of congress in favor of... well, that's another topic.)

Cool, yet still 59 were produced so stop trying to cover your ass with lies and excuses. You were proved wrong and now earn the seal of,

Spoiler : :
SEAL OF: PROVED WRONG!

GF kid, and btw there are 55/54 remaining due to 4 loses. 1 shot down, 2 crashed in training and 1 crashed in air show. You can lie all you want, but you can never lie at proof. :lol: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/military/read.main/3733/ http://defensetech.org/2008/05/08/the-f-117-nighthawk-is-gone-we-think/

LittleTinGod
Sergeant Major

Postby LittleTinGod » Mon 15 Jul 2013 06:35

Properly managed, the F-15C is the most deadly fighter in the game hands down, but it requires skill to handle correctly. Having Fire and Forget long range missles is a huge plus because it can fire its long range missle much faster than some other planes. In the right hands these are amazing.
LittleTinGod Gaming, First-Person Live Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrentLittleTinGod

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Mon 15 Jul 2013 06:53

The F-15C Radar missiles (AMRAAM) are actually better than the SU-27's, as they are fire and forget, whereas the R-27R's on the Flanker must be guided, and as such the F-15C can engage targets faster than the Flanker.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Count
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Count » Mon 15 Jul 2013 07:01

Xeno426 wrote:Or the same ballistics. The 20x102mm rounds used in the Vulcan had rather poor terminal performance (the rounds are very arcing and not terribly flat, unlike the 27mm NATO ones) and killing power, which was originally made up by the insane fire rate of the M61 (shower the area in lead!). This requires a larger ammo load, though, so if you want a smaller load you need a weapon that can do the job with fewer shots, which is what the European powers did with their 27mm and 30mm rounds.

But ingame vulcan have 8 accuracy. Probably because "higher ROF=great accuracy" theory.
BTW what can you tell about GSh-23, GSh-23L with 4/6 accuracy.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 07:33

LittleTinGod wrote:Properly managed, the F-15C is the most deadly fighter in the game hands down, but it requires skill to handle correctly. Having Fire and Forget long range missles is a huge plus because it can fire its long range missle much faster than some other planes. In the right hands these are amazing.

Yes but would take a lot of micro-managing. Plus, the F&F missile really means nothing, when the SU-27S can stay locked onto you, then you try and flank and with it's great maneuverability, it'll be on your six and use it's guns, if the guided missile didn't work. Plus I'm pretty sure 1 ARAAM isn't going to take down a SU-27S in one shot, and chances are it'll miss it's first shot.

F-15/A is better choice. What's better? 4v2 or 2v2?

Max_Damage
Lieutenant

Postby Max_Damage » Mon 15 Jul 2013 08:42

best fighters in game are f15a and f14, also mirage fighters. they have stats and weapons of top fighters for around 100 cost and 2 per slot.

dumbo
Sergeant

Postby dumbo » Mon 15 Jul 2013 11:37

EliteSniper wrote:Yes but would take a lot of micro-managing. Plus, the F&F missile really means nothing, when the SU-27S can stay locked onto you, then you try and flank and with it's great maneuverability, it'll be on your six and use it's guns, if the guided missile didn't work. Plus I'm pretty sure 1 ARAAM isn't going to take down a SU-27S in one shot, and chances are it'll miss it's first shot.

F&F is great for a medium-range CAP aircraft.
SA is terrible for a medium-range CAP aircraft.

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Mon 15 Jul 2013 11:52

i prefer the su27. better standoff range, more missiles, and better IR missiles. pretty sure the r73's off-boresight capability is modeled in the game, because i've seen the su27 pull off some weird-angled shots with those things. also the su27 has lower speed, which means better dogfighting.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 15 Jul 2013 12:54

EliteSniper wrote:IMO I think the SU-27S should be a prototype. It's the most deadliest fighter in the game. It's maneuverability, firepower, ECMs should make it that way of a prototype.

While I agree that the 1977 date is silly (first test flights should not be the standard for dates), it was operational in 1982, hardly "prototype" status.

solaris wrote:You totally ignored the second part of the reason units are prototyped, and that's for limited production runs. 64 total production certainly strikes me as a limited production run.

Production numbers are not what are used for prototype status, or pretty much every unit in every NATO minor nation would be a prototype.

Count wrote:But ingame vulcan have 8 accuracy. Probably because "higher ROF=great accuracy" theory.
BTW what can you tell about GSh-23, GSh-23L with 4/6 accuracy.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the ballistics of Russian cannons, but the GSh-23 and GSh-23L are mainly found on older fighters, so the explanation might be "worse fire control systems". The problem with that argument is that M61's on older aircraft have the same accuracy as installations on newer aircraft.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”