Total destruction just encourage super turtle and griefing

susi
Sergeant

Total destruction just encourage super turtle and griefing

Postby susi » Fri 19 Jul 2013 23:29

How some people get the illusion that total destruction will encourage attack? Yeah, it may works as the timer set to ultimate. But in this case, people can just grief you by hiding his last CV and say "I will just go cooking/call my gf/sleep, enjoy your 2hr seraching." See? Total destrucction without timer can be dirty. And also to play this kind game you will need a specialized deck otherwise you will probably run out of supply/infantry/tank/plane which will be unfair to the players who arent prepared for this kind situation.

But yes, you can always set up a timer to avoid this kind griefing. But then, what's the point of using the total destruction mode? After one side pushed the other side out of some main contest aeras, the game shoud have end if there's a point limit exist. But thanks to the total destruction mode, the other side now got the chance to hide behind their last few fortress in hope of you attack, make mistakes and then they may have a chance to win. See? Now it actually encourages the super turtle gameplay. But well for a decent rank player there's absolutely no problem to total destroy the enemy. But then a game should have end in 30 mins turn out to be a long boring 60 mins long match and definately no fun, you just repeatedly mirco, slowly pushing in. Noobs may enjoy destroy every last unit their enemy has but for me I just feel sick, totally waste of time. So right now I basicly avoid join any lobby with total destruction mode.

TL;DR:
TD isn't fair to unprepared players and encourage griefing, super turtle and sometimes just totally waste of time.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: Total destruction just encourage super turtle and griefi

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 19 Jul 2013 23:37

TD with a time limit is great.

Without, it's moronic beyond belief.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

susi
Sergeant

Postby susi » Fri 19 Jul 2013 23:43

DeuZerre wrote:TD with a time limit is great.

Make no sense.

In the end it's still the points decide which side wins the game if you set up a timer. You can just turtle anyway. And if people can't break a turtle in normal game mode how did they come up with the illusion that they could break it in total destruction mode? Tell me the difference.

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Fri 19 Jul 2013 23:51

susi wrote:How some people get the illusion that total destruction will encourage attack?

TL;DR:
TD isn't fair to unprepared players and encourage griefing, super turtle and sometimes just totally waste of time.

I generally agree with the above. Total Destruction is not the game mode you are looking for. I highly recommend Economy.

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Sat 20 Jul 2013 00:06

-regular destruction encourages nothing but turtling

-TD with a time limit is the same thing. it's basically impossible to achieve TD within 50/60 mins. The team with more points still wins. The team that plays defensively wins.

-TD with no time limit is the only one that forces attacking, but often time takes too long with most people quitting. Not practical at all.

What's the conclusion? Destruction is a fundamentally broken game mode.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Sat 20 Jul 2013 00:24

I played a Total Destruction game and a guy spawned a CV and hid it then went AFK. Killing it I won in about 20 minutes, but I spent the entire game looking for his troops and was surprised to find he only had a CV. Too many trolls in this game who think it's funny to waste somebody's time. :(

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sat 20 Jul 2013 01:11

Once again Economy prevails. Those matches can be so close and full of action all the way to the end. Even when both sides are saving points, and the situation seems very even, on the last minute you can still see fierce attacks (because losses don't matter, if you manage to kill a CV and drop their income). The best fun in this game is playing Economy. It's not a stagnating front ever, since it's not about just killing the expensive stuff and getting out on top with kills - doesn't matter if you lose a lot of your stuff if you take the ground. That's what the default game mode should be in the first place if you ask me.
ImageImage

Chesnok
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Chesnok » Sat 20 Jul 2013 01:24

Iris wrote:I played a Total Destruction game and a guy spawned a CV and hid it then went AFK. Killing it I won in about 20 minutes, but I spent the entire game looking for his troops and was surprised to find he only had a CV. Too many trolls in this game who think it's funny to waste somebody's time. :(

This is an extreme example of why I prefer Economy (or Conquest) over all other game modes.

vompovompatti
Staff Sergeant

Postby vompovompatti » Sat 20 Jul 2013 09:21

Total destruction should end when player no longer controls any sectors.
Sure that would encourage cv sniping but don't people already do that?

Turtling is not the problem since every static defense can be destroyed. It may take a while but it will crumble eventually.

Total destruction no time limit* needs a specialized deck but it shouldn't be an issue since you can make decks. Just make one if you are thinking of playing t.d n.t.l.*.
Last edited by vompovompatti on Sun 21 Jul 2013 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

themediocrity
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby themediocrity » Sat 20 Jul 2013 09:24

don't play it if you don't like it? Not that your criticisms are invalid (all that stuff does sometimes happen in TD) but no one is forcing you to play TD if you hate it.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”