Can we have Three Mile Island back?

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Can we have Three Mile Island back?

Postby JBravo » Tue 23 Jul 2013 01:34

IMO most of the old maps are better than the new maps. The new ones seem to be littered with choke points (bridges, canyons etc) that make camping even easier since the enemy funnels through one area. Even Dual Field was brought into ALB, but it isn't quite the same. The original was way better, with its thicker forests and open terrain.

GermanAAGun
Sergeant First-Class

Postby GermanAAGun » Tue 23 Jul 2013 02:21

this game has plenty of maps but they aren't played because most of the games community plays 3v3-4v4 (or atleast i know i do.)
i find that i haven't touched most / any of the 2 v 2 and 1 v 1 maps and never will unless eugen switches to the system seen in european escalation where any map could be chosen for any player count.

the problem isn't enough maps, the problem is not being able to use the maps

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Tue 23 Jul 2013 08:03

You won't get Three Miles Island back! But maybe you will also like ... (to be continued "imminent" :twisted: )

reaver
Master Sergeant

Postby reaver » Tue 23 Jul 2013 09:17

+1

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Tue 23 Jul 2013 14:06

I see there will be some new maps in the upcoming DLC#1 for ALB. I can only hope for some more inspirational naming convention than is currently being used in ALB. I'm sure many people are pleased that a city in their country may have been used as a map name in ALB but I hardly get the feeling of an impending battle that I did when the map name "River of Blood" or "Hamburger Hill" is invoked. Mention Stalingrad as a map name and while it might remind us of a great battle of WWII, call the map name "Pavlov's House" and suddenly you brought forth images of heroic, bloody struggles of men and machines in mortal combat with one thought in mind, "Victory or Death!" Somehow, I don't think the name of another city in Sweden, or Norway is going to bring back images of great battles for most of us. Maybe "Ragnarok" was an attempt, but really, EUGEN, how about something creative? Try something like "Death Valley" or "Blood in the Water", just to impart an image.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Tue 23 Jul 2013 14:15

DelroyMonjo wrote:I see there will be some new maps in the upcoming DLC#1 for ALB. I can only hope for some more inspirational naming convention than is currently being used in ALB. I'm sure many people are pleased that a city in their country may have been used as a map name in ALB but I hardly get the feeling of an impending battle that I did when the map name "River of Blood" or "Hamburger Hill" is invoked. Mention Stalingrad as a map name and while it might remind us of a great battle of WWII, call the map name "Pavlov's House" and suddenly you brought forth images of heroic, bloody struggles of men and machines in mortal combat with one thought in mind, "Victory or Death!" Somehow, I don't think the name of another city in Sweden, or Norway is going to bring back images of great battles for most of us. Maybe "Ragnarok" was an attempt, but really, EUGEN, how about something creative? Try something like "Death Valley" or "Blood in the Water", just to impart an image.

I think you have to live with it :roll: Eugen Systems won't break the actual system of mapnames :mrgreen:
But maybe it helps you that i have the same problems like you to save the mapnames to the maps :lol:

Sukesa
Corporal

Postby Sukesa » Tue 23 Jul 2013 17:50

The new maps of WEE were goldy

(I want humber hill and Mecklenburg back :()
Last edited by Sukesa on Tue 23 Jul 2013 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

George551
Second-Lieutenant

Postby George551 » Tue 23 Jul 2013 19:14

+1 to this
Everything has a weakness except nukes and magic, but they're just cheating

Mantooth
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Mantooth » Tue 23 Jul 2013 21:46

I personally did not like this map from EE, but I think it would still make a good addition to AB. The map I really hope they carry over from EE is Open Range. I loved that map and had many amazing games on it. Plus I found that the size of the map was the optimal size for playing EE for various reasons. Rushes didnt work nearly as well as there was so much ground to cover, maneuver warfare with combined arms was the best strategy due to all the open space, and other cheese tactics like arty spam were negated by the size of the map. It was great. Now that we have planes, I could see Open Range, and other large scale maps being lots of fun to play. Ironically enough Im not really a fan of Ragnarok and the 10v10 games in AB. I find them too big and cluttered, with a bunch of unorganized players. It would be very cool to see what happened if two organized teams went up against each other though.

MoO
Corporal

Postby MoO » Tue 23 Jul 2013 23:26

WWWallace71 wrote:
Rorschach wrote:+1

I can totally imagine a DLC with the best of EE maps brought back in ALBs engine :D

Mecklenburg is locked away :(

Yeah. That and Blitz are both in the campaign but not available in MP/SP :(

Good lord. I will cry if they release a bigger version of Blitz.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”