Ice

Hungreh
Sergeant First-Class

Ice

Postby Hungreh » Tue 23 Jul 2013 02:24

Looking at the "Snow Maps" threat I thought, it's winter, wouldn't rivers and lakes be frozen? Now this is just a idea not going to propose anything but can't Eugene make it the where there is a map with a lot of rivers (but not too much) and snow and have the rivers split up to "Weak ice" and "Strong ice"? And some not frozen parts in between? This would help a lot with the "campfest" although conquest is already coming out where you can flank bridges by going over the river. Of course you have to make it risky ;D. On strong ice you can make it the where infantry have a 5% chance to break and tanks a 65% chance to break with APC's being at 33%. And on weak you can have tanks NOT going through at all APC 75% chance and infantry a 25%. This is just a idea I'm thinking of and I'm intrest on your take on this.
~1442

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Re: Ice

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 23 Jul 2013 02:39

I like the idea, but it would be a bit silly for an amphibious APC to break through the ice and just sink.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Kilroy Was Here
Sergeant

Postby Kilroy Was Here » Tue 23 Jul 2013 02:44

Maybe they'll just make a new game...like Relic did with CoH2

3 platoons march across the land until they see a river. Not stopping, the German platoon marches through. The Japanese do the same. The American GIs turn & shout "Sarge! There's a river! Whatta we do!?"

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 23 Jul 2013 03:16

Kilroy Was Here wrote:Maybe they'll just make a new game...like Relic did with CoH2

Is this THE Kilroy?

Kilroy Was Here
Sergeant

Postby Kilroy Was Here » Tue 23 Jul 2013 03:44

LoneRifle wrote:Is this THE Kilroy?

Depends on who you're referring to :mrgreen:

3 platoons march across the land until they see a river. Not stopping, the German platoon marches through. The Japanese do the same. The American GIs turn & shout "Sarge! There's a river! Whatta we do!?"

Shimmler
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Shimmler » Tue 23 Jul 2013 09:05

Darth-Lampshade wrote:I like the idea, but it would be a bit silly for an amphibious APC to break through the ice and just sink.

It's a bit silly that amphibious APC's in this game have to cross rivers via bridge chokepoints.

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Tue 23 Jul 2013 09:14

Hungreh wrote:Looking at the "Snow Maps" threat I thought, it's winter, wouldn't rivers and lakes be frozen? Now this is just a idea not going to propose anything but can't Eugene make it the where there is a map with a lot of rivers (but not too much) and snow and have the rivers split up to "Weak ice" and "Strong ice"? And some not frozen parts in between? This would help a lot with the "campfest" although conquest is already coming out where you can flank bridges by going over the river. Of course you have to make it risky ;D. On strong ice you can make it the where infantry have a 5% chance to break and tanks a 65% chance to break with APC's being at 33%. And on weak you can have tanks NOT going through at all APC 75% chance and infantry a 25%. This is just a idea I'm thinking of and I'm intrest on your take on this.

Lets make Amphib APCs cross water first ;)

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Tue 23 Jul 2013 10:41

I can't believe this hasn't popped in this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

LoneRifle wrote:Is this THE Kilroy?

I saw some videos of ShackTac playing WAB so all is possible.

Hungreh
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Hungreh » Tue 23 Jul 2013 18:50

Back on topic?
~1442

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Tue 23 Jul 2013 18:53

What is topic? Never heard of it :?

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”