Psychological warfare - How to attack the man behind the PC

HankyTanky
Corporal

Psychological warfare - How to attack the man behind the PC

Postby HankyTanky » Wed 24 Jul 2013 23:51

Hello Generals!

I check this forum on a daily basis besides the the endless Buff&Nerf threads I see mostly discussions about specific units an tactics. What is nice, but what really interests me :

What are your tricks to make the other player nervous or let him fight on your conditions?

Here two of my dirty gimmicks:
Harass the enemy. That annoying siren that sounds when a unit is under attack has the on for the HOLE game.
Two mortars with ~7000m range do the job quit well.
Which leads to my second trick. Bait. Park those mortars in the middle of the map, in the open. When the enemy for example uses a lot of high end planes, put some good IR AA (Igla, Chap ) around it and have a fighter at hand. Now, our forward recon will look out for those F117's or Mig29s :-)

What do you do?

Spoiler : :

Some of you might know the conspicuous man on the left from the early days of RTS :-)
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
~George Santayana

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Psychological warfare - How to attack the man behind the

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 24 Jul 2013 23:53

My tanks do enough psychological warfare on me, yet alone the enemy with "reverse at the enemy to goad him into action" events happening all the time XD

SteinerGER
Command Sergeant Major

Postby SteinerGER » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:10

Yeah, I love to use Gvozdika (Called Godzilla by my mates :3 ) the whole match and pound the sht out of his highvalue targets or AAA. If nothing of it is spotted or on field I go with regular transports as well. every bit of points count eh? :D
It might be smart to coordinate the arty with your teammember like both shoot at the same time so he dont know what to micro first.
Additional I like to kill AAA with a BlackShark and then retreat quickly. He will then move his AAA back and I can kill some unit with cheap Mi24V helicopters. And this has to freak someone out.

HankyTanky
Corporal

Postby HankyTanky » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:20

SteinerGER wrote:Yeah, I love to use Gvozdika (Called Godzilla by my mates :3 ) the whole match and pound the sht out of his highvalue targets or AAA. If nothing of it is spotted or on field I go with regular transports as well. every bit of points count eh? :D
It might be smart to coordinate the arty with your teammember like both shoot at the same time so he dont know what to micro first.
Additional I like to kill AAA with a BlackShark and then retreat quickly. He will then move his AAA back and I can kill some unit with cheap Mi24V helicopters. And this has to freak someone out.

You Sir, must have balls if you use a 145p BlackShark to hunt AA and call a Mil24 cheap :-)
But it might work against AA artillery! Is there any AA unit outranging the Blackshark ATGM?
Just those Manpads worry me ....
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
~George Santayana

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:23

HankyTanky wrote:
Harass the enemy. That annoying siren that sounds when a unit is under attack has the on for the HOLE game.
Two mortars with ~7000m range do the job quit well.

What do you do?

What do I do?

I drive T80U's and BMPTs backed up by morskaya pehota and igla/tunguska teams through your front door while you spend precious time mortaring some useless unit somewhere - because my real AA assets are always hidden and move after firing.

Simply harassing enemy with mortars is not mortar's intended role. Its role is to take out key soft-skinned unit in preparation for main assault, and/or lay down smoke. I'm 75th in ranked leaderboard, I know how to use mortars.

PS: bait idea is nice, but it doesn't work against experienced players. At best you can expect counter-arty fire, never a shiny plane. I wish I would be so lucky as to bait a F117 with a single nona mortar :)

BRUTIKUS
First Sergeant

Postby BRUTIKUS » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:28

I JOIN THE GAME.

HATO FLEE VERY QUICKLY AT THIS SIGHT.

also big letter intimidate enemy

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:30

HankyTanky wrote:Is there any AA unit outranging the Blackshark ATGM?
Chaparral A1

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:34

eMeM wrote:
HankyTanky wrote:Is there any AA unit outranging the Blackshark ATGM?
Chaparral A1

realistically Akula will fly a lot closer to target then required, so any 2800 AA unit has good chance to catch it, if its not microed heavily. I lost many a chopper that way - no pay attention, it flies closer then it should even with the gun off.

Cross
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cross » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:35

I just tell him "I'm going to take his mum out for a nice turkey meal and never call her again."
That usually enrages him in to becoming reckless.

Mission accomplished.

SteinerGER
Command Sergeant Major

Postby SteinerGER » Thu 25 Jul 2013 00:38

I'm 75th in ranked leaderboard

Good Comerade of soviet union. You is 75 of turtle and malka. Politburo very satisfied.

... you use a 145p BlackShark to hunt AA and call a Mil24 cheap ...

The blackshark is a "sniper" within the helicoptersection. And AAA killed by something in the air boggles everyones mind.
Well Mi24s are pretty much the cheapest (good) chopper for USSR decks (mi4 is no chopper - its an abomination)
Granted manpads are a problem but you can chose where to field BlackSharks and with decent recon which is basically a must have for "sniping" you can mitigate the risk.
There is AAA that can outrange a BlackShark for those I m better of using my Godzilla.

realistically Akula will fly a lot closer to target then required, so any 2800 AA unit has good chance to catch it, if its not microed heavily. I lost many a chopper that way - no pay attention, it flies closer then it should even with the gun off.

It flies max speed until it reaches 3325m and then starts to stop. Thats why.Its simply no "right-click-winlol"-Unit You just need to get skill to know when to press the stop button on your moving chopper. But I guess all 100pts+ units should be microed anyways.

cheers

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”