New balance & campaign patch (v1404)

LoneRifle
Major-General

Re: New balance & campaign patch (v1404)

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:19

Xeno426 wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:Wait, didnt the AJ37 Viggen for Sweden use to have a gun? Or am I just crazy

Removed a couple patches ago. The AJ 37 didn't have a cannon; it could carry cannon pods under the wings, but that's it. The JA 37 had a cannon as a conformal gun pod.

Kamrat Roger wrote:AFAIK there is no gunpods in the game so they removed the gun and made it cheaper.

More accurate to say there are no non-conformal gun pods in the game. The guns on the Harrier series are all gun pods.

Meh I just noticed it today when I was doing a review of all my decks, I told my friend who usually plays as Sweden in our team games and he went ballistic. (The Usual Pact hate rant). Its nice that they are cheaper and still have the infrareds at least. Im still kinda sad that I have to waste another point to get decent Leos as denmark :(

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:29

LoneRifle wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:Wait, didnt the AJ37 Viggen for Sweden use to have a gun? Or am I just crazy

Removed a couple patches ago. The AJ 37 didn't have a cannon; it could carry cannon pods under the wings, but that's it. The JA 37 had a cannon as a conformal gun pod.

Kamrat Roger wrote:AFAIK there is no gunpods in the game so they removed the gun and made it cheaper.

More accurate to say there are no non-conformal gun pods in the game. The guns on the Harrier series are all gun pods.

Meh I just noticed it today when I was doing a review of all my decks, I told my friend who usually plays as Sweden in our team games and he went ballistic. (The Usual Pact hate rant). Its nice that they are cheaper and still have the infrareds at least. Im still kinda sad that I have to waste another point to get decent Leos as denmark :(

actually, the support/heli reversal should more than make up for it and make you able to purchase another slot, gaining you more of them than you could earlier.
Viker for ingen!

Trimen
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Trimen » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:31

Gopblin wrote:You mean "repress the natives until the occupation forces arrive"?
Marines can't and shouldn't go toe-to-toe with first-class army units on their own, the fact that American Marines did well against outnumbered Japanese conscripts armed with bolt-action rifles and later against various starving peasants around the globe doesn't change this.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Actually you are wrong. Marines are supposed to be a self contained battle-force that is a match if not superior to most world Army units. Today's US Marine Corps is as better trained, and better equipped then most nations 1st line army units. There only draw back is numbers fielded. That is why a marine cook can out shoot and out fight any regular solider. Gotta love the every marine a rifleman doctrine.

stormovik
Sergeant

Postby stormovik » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:32

Base T-72 is reduced to one card for USSR. That is not in the notes.

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vestly » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:33

stormovik wrote:Base T-72 is reduced to one card for USSR. That is not in the notes.

It was one card allways

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:38

Vestly wrote:
stormovik wrote:Base T-72 is reduced to one card for USSR. That is not in the notes.

It was one card allways

No it was 2 before but we use the same cards for multiple tanks and we don't have a card with 20*2 availability. Not sure we have room to create it especially for a single unit.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:39

actually, the support/heli reversal should more than make up for it and make you able to purchase another slot, gaining you more of them than you could earlier.

Very True, it has not had an affect on my puny tank numbers as denmark after all haha. I completely forgot that could balance it out.

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vestly » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:42

FLX wrote:
Vestly wrote:

It was one card allways

No it was 2 before but we use the same cards for multiple tanks and we don't have a card with 20*2 availability. Not sure we have room to create it especially for a single unit.

As i remember correctly ,Soviets had only one card of T-72 while Poland,DDR and Czechoslovakia had 2 cards.

I remember it , because i made a mixed deck , where i had only T-72 ural :D

solaris
Lieutenant

Postby solaris » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:48

WW2 was a team effort, and everybody paid dearly for the victory. It's easy to pick and chose fronts to try to measure contributions, but nobody was going anywhere without the help of everybody else.

On topic: Hoboy, glad the Support <-> Helicopter swap happened, otherwise this would have been even more painful for Nato.
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

Liare
Lieutenant

Postby Liare » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:53

could you take your WW2 era willy waving somewhere else please ?

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”