Buff the ADATS

Iris
Brigadier
Posts: 3422
Joined: Tue 14 May 2013 00:41

Buff the ADATS

Postby Iris » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:09

It baffles me why the range of its weapon is so low in comparison to other weapon systems in game. The ADATS has a range of 10km versus air and ground targets.

Proposal:

Ground Range: More than 2800 and around 3000
Helo Range: Had an equal range to the 9M311-M1 so 3500m is justifiable
Plane Range: Easily justifiable anywhere from 2800 to 3500m.

Accuracy:

Nerf it 1-2 points.

This thing is a marvel of all things really awesome and Canadian, but is really underrepresented. Plus it fixes any issues Canada has with enemy planes going pew pew on it.

User avatar
ericdude88
Captain
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat 10 Mar 2012 00:56

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby ericdude88 » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:18

Iris wrote:It baffles me why the range of its weapon is so low in comparison to other weapon systems in game. The ADATS has a range of 10km versus air and ground targets.

Proposal:

Ground Range: More than 2800 and around 3000
Helo Range: Had an equal range to the 9M311-M1 so 3500m is justifiable
Plane Range: Easily justifiable anywhere from 2800 to 3500m.

Accuracy:

Nerf it 1-2 points.

This thing is a marvel of all things really awesome and Canadian, but is really underrepresented. Plus it fixes any issues Canada has with enemy planes going pew pew on it.


Terrible suggestion. 3500m vs planes and helicopters as well as 2800m vs ground? You nuts?

This is a game, just because it had 10 km range in real life doesn't justify this kind of nonsense. Buk had 200km in real life, what's your point?

If you're going to propose something at least make it believable and not ridiculous. How about we give the T-80U 3500m against planes and helis since IRL refleks can engage helis.
Last edited by ericdude88 on Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

Trimen
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed 5 Jun 2013 02:30
Contact:

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby Trimen » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:19

This is a jack of all trades weapon system. It should not perform as good as dedicated systems.

User avatar
NATO Potato
Captain
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sun 20 Jan 2013 01:22

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby NATO Potato » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:32

I honestly don't think that is too far fetched, but perhaps could use a bit of toning down. it is in a very limited deck after all.

Iris
Brigadier
Posts: 3422
Joined: Tue 14 May 2013 00:41

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby Iris » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:36


Terrible suggestion. 3500m vs planes and helicopters as well as 2800m vs ground? You nuts?

This is a game, just because it had 10 km range in real life doesn't justify this kind of nonsense. Buk had 200km in real life, what's your point?

If you're going to propose something at least make it believable and not ridiculous. How about we give the T-80U 3500m against planes and helis since IRL refleks can engage helis.


Hardly ridiculous. It was an immensely multi-dimensional unit in the real world. The NOAH has 2800m range against helicopters and 4550 range against planes. Is that ridiculous too? Not to mention over 50% accuracy at that range. The current ADATS has less than 50% at 2450m.

It's already worse than a Roland 2 and a TOW-2 at both anti-tank and anti-air roles except a slightly longer helicopter range.

User avatar
Chosen One
Sergeant Major
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013 13:07
Location: Russian Federation

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby Chosen One » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:39

Iris wrote:It baffles me why the range of its weapon is so low in comparison to other weapon systems in game. The ADATS has a range of 10km versus air and ground targets.

Proposal:

Ground Range: More than 2800 and around 3000
Helo Range: Had an equal range to the 9M311-M1 so 3500m is justifiable
Plane Range: Easily justifiable anywhere from 2800 to 3500m.

Accuracy:

Nerf it 1-2 points.

This thing is a marvel of all things really awesome and Canadian, but is really underrepresented. Plus it fixes any issues Canada has with enemy planes going pew pew on it.



Ok, then lets make PACT ATGM tanks able to fire Helos?(Like IRL) 3km ground range too.

User avatar
NATO Potato
Captain
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sun 20 Jan 2013 01:22

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby NATO Potato » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:40

Iris wrote:

Terrible suggestion. 3500m vs planes and helicopters as well as 2800m vs ground? You nuts?

This is a game, just because it had 10 km range in real life doesn't justify this kind of nonsense. Buk had 200km in real life, what's your point?

If you're going to propose something at least make it believable and not ridiculous. How about we give the T-80U 3500m against planes and helis since IRL refleks can engage helis.


Hardly ridiculous. It was an immensely multi-dimensional unit in the real world. The NOAH has 2800m range against helicopters and 4550 range against planes. Is that ridiculous too? Not to mention over 50% accuracy at that range. The current ADATS has less than 50% at 2450m.

It's already worse than a Roland 2 and a TOW-2 at both anti-tank and anti-air roles except a slightly longer helicopter range.

yeah, the ADATS is really the backbone of Canada, it could use some lovin'. Chimeras for damage soaking and ADATS to kill :twisted:

and to the above ridiculous response, this buff request isn't too crazy. how many times have you run into a canadian national deck? I haven't. ever.

User avatar
theBLUBinYou
Lieutenant
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue 6 Nov 2012 20:21
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby theBLUBinYou » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:41

ericdude88 wrote:This is a game, just because it had 10 km range in real life doesn't justify this kind of nonsense. Buk had 200km in real life, what's your point?

Yeah the Buk has 200km range...of course :roll:

Artaud's Assassin
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu 25 Jul 2013 01:42
Contact:

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby Artaud's Assassin » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:42

Terrible suggestion. 3500m vs planes and helicopters as well as 2800m vs ground? You nuts?

Good argument.

This is a game, just because it had 10 km range in real life doesn't justify this kind of nonsense. Buk had 200km in real life, what's your point?

Buk does not have 200km range.

This is a jack of all trades weapon system. It should not perform as good as dedicated systems.

Well, it's Canada's only aa weapon at all, and ends up being used there out of necessity. It's not like mixed NATO can abuse it.

Hardly ridiculous. It was an immensely multi-dimensional unit in the real world. The NOAH has 2800m range against helicopters and 4550 range against planes. Is that ridiculous too? Not to mention over 50% accuracy at that range. The current ADATS has less than 50% at 2450m.

It's already worse than a Roland 2 and a TOW-2 at both anti-tank and anti-air roles except a slightly longer helicopter range.

Agreed. I would like to see the ADATS get a range buff, if for nothing else than the fact that you only get 6 of them, they cost 90 points as it is, and they get suicide bombed too easily.

Also, what's with everyone whining about justifying a buff with RL values. He's not saying match them, he's saying the historical situation can justify it having better ranges than system x. And it's not like ADATS is going to be OP. It's the only aa unit in a limited deck (and nowhere else) that's phenomenally expensive.

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Buff the ADATS

Postby orcbuster » Mon 5 Aug 2013 19:45

theBLUBinYou wrote:
ericdude88 wrote:This is a game, just because it had 10 km range in real life doesn't justify this kind of nonsense. Buk had 200km in real life, what's your point?

Yeah the Buk has 200km range...of course :roll:


Around 140-150 km IIRC.
Image
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests