Let's discuss weapon toggling

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Re: Let's discuss weapon toggling

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Wed 7 Aug 2013 21:12

ericdude88 wrote:Wow that T-80U 1v2'd those Leo2A4 lol..

And to think PACT crybabes would have you believe it's not worth $170 and that tank ATGMs are worthless pieces of junk at every opportunity.
ericdude88 wrote:Well firstly the Leo2A4 were grouped together which is dumb, otherwise one could've flanked the T-80U and ended it. The T-80U was also on "Elite" status right from the beginning of the video.

2 Leopard 2A4's don't give you enough time for that. It gets worse when you consider choke point map design not allowing you to flank or if the first time you spot that T-80U is when it fires at you.
ericdude88 wrote:For example the Leo2A4 may retreat, in which case you can no longer kill it doing that because ATGM only fire stationary,

If you're backing off from a gun on gun confrontation, away from an enemy vehicle that has 2,8 km 24 AP 10 acc ATGM on it, you're the one who's putting himself at a disadvantage.

Rizzmond
Corporal

Postby Rizzmond » Wed 7 Aug 2013 21:33

And to think PACT crybabes would have you believe it's not worth $170 and that tank ATGMs are worthless pieces of junk at every opportunity.

I don't want to turn this into a pact vs nato thread. This trick may affect more pact units than nato units but it is not exclusive to pact.

Let's instead concentrate on discussing whether weapon toggling like this gives a substantial advantage over not using it. I wholeheartedly think it does.

Firing the atgm does not affect main cannon reload and vice versa, you're missing out on so much damage if you're not doing it.

Likewise with IFVs, you're missing out on so much autocannon damage if you are waiting for your atgm to reload.

I really encourage the non-believers to try it. It's really not that micro intensive, all you have to do is toggle the main cannon off momentarily and back on after every 2 shots (for tanks).

Personally I would like to see this become impossible (only one weapon reloads at a time) or have it become automatic (like how machine guns fire with main cannons now). It's not very intuitive as stands right now and puts those who don't know about it at a great disadvantage.

rrev
Sergeant First-Class

Postby rrev » Wed 7 Aug 2013 21:51

I use this this all the time. And I've seen it mentioned multiple times here in the forums and seen it multiple times in game too.

Aquisitus
Sergeant Major

Postby Aquisitus » Wed 7 Aug 2013 21:53

It looks like that this micro trick is the reason of PACT ATGM Tanks nerf in the past.

Rizzmond
Corporal

Postby Rizzmond » Wed 7 Aug 2013 22:54

rrev wrote:I've seen it mentioned multiple times here in the forums

Could you link me? I'd especially like to see a developer comment on this.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Thu 8 Aug 2013 03:59

Aquisitus wrote:It looks like that this micro trick is the reason of PACT ATGM Tanks nerf in the past.

Unlikely, since it has only recently gotten enough exposure to become somewhat commonly known. And at that only in the community that frequents the forum.

Besides, as noted it is a rather unintuitive way to use a unit. So the benefit over not doing it combined with the general lack of even knowing about it, makes it very unlikely to have been the cause of any nerfs. One would assume that if the devs thought such use of a unit to be worth of any change in the game, they would probably have made it impossible to do it.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”