Some US Vehicles need a Buff please

Mystic
First Sergeant

Some US Vehicles need a Buff please

Postby Mystic » Thu 8 Aug 2013 01:47

Hi, I was hoping we could Buff the M1A1's Front Armor from 17 to 19, and if need be make it a prototype, because currently as it stands, it does not hold up in combat as well as it should even with the availability boost on it. Some Soviet ATGM's just have to shoot it twice and it dies. I've had this happen on multiple occasions, and the end result is it has very little staying power on the battlefield as compared to most Top Tier Tanks Soviet Tanks. If need be you can reduce the Stabilizers to Good instead of Very good, since Front AP seems to matter a lot more as far as i can tell and considering this is the US's premier tank I think it would be fair to make it at least some what good.

I play the US exclusively and unfortunately I am forced to play a very defensive sort of game play because of the lack of pushing/staying power on the battlefield with any tank. I think the Buff on the Front Armor will go along way to more bold and aggressive strategies with the US, instead of the Camping one is forced to do with this faction.

While we are at it I would suggest a Slight Buff to the LAV armor to 2 instead of 1, Currently this vehicle is pretty useless once its attacked by anything. If need be reduce the speed on road. The speed to me does not seem as important as the firepower of the vehicle.

My 2 cents.

Thanks

Guggy
General

Re: Some US Vehicles need a Buff please

Postby Guggy » Thu 8 Aug 2013 01:54

I can say with good certainty that this wont be happening.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 8 Aug 2013 01:58

If this was a genuine comment about a underpowered unit i would say sure, i dont care the nation.

But the M1a1 is fine, asking for its buff for the reason you said is either a troll attempt, fanboyism or simply a lack of knowledge of how balance works, it is fine.

If you have to play defencive with the US, you are doing it wrong, the US has access to quiet litterally everything every nation has access to, you got failfire missiles, 203mm guns, top tanks, spam tanks, atgm tanks, infantry, bradley, AGM planes, SEAD, fighters, bombing craft.....

If you cant make it work, then im sorry but i have to say the dreaded learn to play option because the US is 1 of the easiest forces to attack with, i even do it fine with bradleys and Sherrys as my main force.

LAV armour, i would be okay with it myself and make it US only, but heh.
Last edited by Mitchverr on Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:01

M1A1s are great.
k

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:06

What Soviet ATGMs? The only thing that can shoot it down twice are plane carried ATGMs.

zbone
Second-Lieutenant

Postby zbone » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:15

Yes, please do what he asks. Nerf NATO, buff US. 2 extra armor on prototyped M1A1 won't make much difference to anything for PACT.

Mystic
First Sergeant

Postby Mystic » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:18

Konkurs-M from a Bmp-2, obr 1986

As far as it being balanced, I'm willing to listen and take advice, go on, please tell me how you would attack a strong defensive position with lots of Soviet Tanks Armed with ATGM and Konkurs Carrying APC's.
Starships don't cut it because they get killed way too fast to be effective, Bradleys.. mehh somewhat.

But go on I'm willing to hear you out as to why you guys think the M1A1 should not be buffed, Inspite of it being US's best tank with only 17 Armor.

zbone
Second-Lieutenant

Postby zbone » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:23

Mystic wrote:Konkurs-M from a Bmp-2, obr 1986

As far as it being balanced, I'm willing to listen and take advice, go on, please tell me how you would attack a strong defensive position with lots of Soviet Tanks Armed with ATGM and Konkurs Carrying APC's.
Starships don't cut it because they get killed way too fast to be effective, Bradleys.. mehh somewhat.

But go on I'm willing to hear you out as to why you guys think the M1A1 should not be buffed, Inspite of it being US's best tank with only 17 Armor.

2 Ravens in front of 2 Nighthawk with 1 Tomcat over your own AA then smoke positions followed by MLRS barrage and move in with cheaper tanks first followed by M1A1 and IFV.
You are welcome.

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:26

Oh dear I expect a lot of disagreements in this thread to follow

Awesome chopper ATGM for Many us helos.

Smoke in front of the enemy atgm make them move within range of your weapons.

Smoke in front of the enemy atgm and then charge them with your units.

Artillery them.

Fast flank force of light tanks and lavs etc

Artillery/mortar stun them and charge

Aircraft many good aircraft for us

It's late I'm sure I missed some.

A combined mix of any and all of the above suggestions
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

Numbers
Warrant Officer

Postby Numbers » Thu 8 Aug 2013 02:27

zbone wrote:then smoke positions

If ATGMs are what's giving you the most grief, then this is the most obvious solution.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”