Conquest in ranked

Pomegranate23
Sergeant Major
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun 30 Jun 2013 11:49
Contact:

Conquest in ranked

Postby Pomegranate23 » Tue 13 Aug 2013 04:46

We have all now gotten used to conquest. Make it default mode for ranked pls!

Vermillion_Hawk
Sergeant Major
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri 17 May 2013 03:18
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Vermillion_Hawk » Tue 13 Aug 2013 05:53

It's essentially economy but with the game even more heavily skewed in the favour of the victor of the initial engagement. I don't see this replacing destruction any time soon, nor do I see why it should. In destruction, the victor is most, if not always the more skilled player. Not so much in conquest, which is as reliant on luck as it is on hordes of cheap units.

User avatar
Drrty-D
Major
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2012 16:49
Location: Rijeka,Croatia

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Drrty-D » Tue 13 Aug 2013 06:03

Vermillion_Hawk wrote:It's essentially economy but with the game even more heavily skewed in the favour of the victor of the initial engagement. I don't see this replacing destruction any time soon, nor do I see why it should. In destruction, the victor is most, if not always the more skilled player. Not so much in conquest, which is as reliant on luck as it is on hordes of cheap units.


....

Conquest will for sure be presented as new ranked mode,dont know when,but soon.Lot of Eugen guys are ingoing on vacation,outgoing from vacation,so all depends on that i guess,but Conquest WILL be in ranked.L2FP
Image

Kin-Luu
Captain
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat 10 Mar 2012 10:45
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Kin-Luu » Tue 13 Aug 2013 08:37

Drrty-D wrote:
Vermillion_Hawk wrote:It's essentially economy but with the game even more heavily skewed in the favour of the victor of the initial engagement. I don't see this replacing destruction any time soon, nor do I see why it should. In destruction, the victor is most, if not always the more skilled player. Not so much in conquest, which is as reliant on luck as it is on hordes of cheap units.


....

Conquest will for sure be presented as new ranked mode,dont know when,but soon.Lot of Eugen guys are ingoing on vacation,outgoing from vacation,so all depends on that i guess,but Conquest WILL be in ranked.L2FP


Perfect!

This will mean even less players in ranked, making the balance issues in this gamemode non relevant for overall balance.
Image

User avatar
Bubble slip
Master Sergeant
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed 22 Aug 2012 11:00
Location: Toulouse
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Bubble slip » Tue 13 Aug 2013 09:11

Drrty-D wrote:Conquest will for sure be presented as new ranked mode,dont know when,but soon.Lot of Eugen guys are ingoing on vacation,outgoing from vacation,so all depends on that i guess,but Conquest WILL be in ranked.L2FP


I hope you're right.

But i hope the maps 'll be adapted before this mode become THE mode.


It's netherless a good news.

THE_STIG
Sergeant
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon 12 Mar 2012 08:07
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby THE_STIG » Tue 13 Aug 2013 09:20

Vermillion_Hawk wrote:It's essentially economy but with the game even more heavily skewed in the favour of the victor of the initial engagement. I don't see this replacing destruction any time soon, nor do I see why it should. In destruction, the victor is most, if not always the more skilled player. Not so much in conquest, which is as reliant on luck as it is on hordes of cheap units.


In destruction the victor is the person who camps the best and has a huge radar AA net.

There are so many units that are decent in conquest because they're effective, but too expensive to risk in destruction. Like pretty much any IFV.

Tommoscimmia
First Sergeant
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed 10 Oct 2012 17:26
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Tommoscimmia » Tue 13 Aug 2013 09:23

Kin-Luu wrote:
Drrty-D wrote:
Vermillion_Hawk wrote:It's essentially economy but with the game even more heavily skewed in the favour of the victor of the initial engagement. I don't see this replacing destruction any time soon, nor do I see why it should. In destruction, the victor is most, if not always the more skilled player. Not so much in conquest, which is as reliant on luck as it is on hordes of cheap units.


....

Conquest will for sure be presented as new ranked mode,dont know when,but soon.Lot of Eugen guys are ingoing on vacation,outgoing from vacation,so all depends on that i guess,but Conquest WILL be in ranked.L2FP


Perfect!

This will mean even less players in ranked, making the balance issues in this gamemode non relevant for overall balance.


You don't know what you're talking about. Neither the other guy who posted.

Destruction rewarding the most skilled player? This is bull (don't moderate me)

The only problem with conquest in some maps is the zones layout, which can be changed so easily and with minor tweaks.
Also, the second problem of conquest is people like you: I will look forward to see you both in any game, ranked or not, conquest or not. I cannot stand people like you on this forum anymore.

go for it eugen, go for it D
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Tue 13 Aug 2013 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Kin-Luu
Captain
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat 10 Mar 2012 10:45
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Kin-Luu » Tue 13 Aug 2013 09:28

Tommoscimmia wrote:I will look forward to see you both in any game, ranked or not, conquest or not. I cannot stand people like you on this forum anymore.

go for it eugen, go for it D


You are welcome to our sealclubbing games.
Image

User avatar
Bubble slip
Master Sergeant
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed 22 Aug 2012 11:00
Location: Toulouse
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby Bubble slip » Tue 13 Aug 2013 09:29

The only problem with conquest in some maps is the zones layout, which can be changed so easily and with minor tweaks.


+1

User avatar
QuakeRiley
Lieutenant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 02:01
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Conquest in ranked

Postby QuakeRiley » Tue 13 Aug 2013 09:45

Honestly Conquest is no better than Destruction. Their is no way to effectively springboard if the enemy pushes a lot of sectors early on in during a Conquest match, it's GG and even then it ends up with the typical AA and ATGM walls which you find in Destruction anyway.

In Destruction it is hard to turn it around but you can still beat an enemy who pushes hard early on and gets an income advantage.
Image
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests