Eugen Please Stop Making Deck Breaking Changes!!!

xXSunSlayerXx
Sergeant

Re: Eugen Please Stop Making Deck Breaking Changes!!!

Postby xXSunSlayerXx » Fri 16 Aug 2013 09:14

making and tweaking decks is by far the most fun thing to do in this game. admittedly, i might be alone with that opinion... :lol:

Bodybag2224
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Bodybag2224 » Fri 16 Aug 2013 09:15

Akulapanam wrote:I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have to spend 30 minutes redoing existing decks because you are still making breaking balancing changes. I'm not even talking about the unit stats but rather moving vehicles into different categories or changing availability. Even worse is when you don't learn about the patch and start a game with a deck missing units.

Adding units is fine with me but besides that these types of changes should have been done in beta.

This might be the most hilarious post I've seen yet on this comical forum...

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Fri 16 Aug 2013 09:23

xXSunSlayerXx wrote:making and tweaking decks is by far the most fun thing to do in this game. admittedly, i might be alone with that opinion... :lol:

You do not stand alone!
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

monochromatic
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby monochromatic » Fri 16 Aug 2013 09:26

TankHunter wrote:
xXSunSlayerXx wrote:making and tweaking decks is by far the most fun thing to do in this game. admittedly, i might be alone with that opinion... :lol:

You do not stand alone!

I wouldn't say it's the best, but in my limited available time to play, sometimes I spend too much time messing with decks and too little with gameplay... :oops:

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Fri 16 Aug 2013 12:02

I don't mind such balance changes, but sometimes I really wish I could go back to the original balance where cluster bombs and 1000kg bombs were downright devastating, plus non-nerfed LAV-25s
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Fri 16 Aug 2013 12:15

We will never escape the mandatory post-patch deck reshuffle...it's a trademark eccentricity of this game. :lol:
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

tiago
Captain

Postby tiago » Fri 16 Aug 2013 12:17

Akulapanam wrote:I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have to spend 30 minutes redoing existing decks because you are still making breaking balancing changes. I'm not even talking about the unit stats but rather moving vehicles into different categories or changing availability. Even worse is when you don't learn about the patch and start a game with a deck missing units.

Adding units is fine with me but besides that these types of changes should have been done in beta.

I could not disagree MORE!!

The changes in metagame and balance are the SOLE reason why this game can keep interesting after some reasonable time.

Please EUGEN CONTINUE the great work, and ignore lazy people!

Phips
Sergeant Major

Postby Phips » Fri 16 Aug 2013 12:40

I feel your pain OP. I raged hard when I went into the deck menu seeing that all deck were missing 2-5 deckpoints. Its what we sadly have to go through because they all have failed at finishing this game.

And LOL ofc it can take 30min to redo decks, sometimes even longer. deck creation is one of the main aspects of the game. Its like the newer Soul Calibur games where everyone hangs out in the character editor.

btw the first Soul Calibur on Dreamcast FTW!

Some people enjoy this, having a new game every few weeks. Its like playing a mod then deleting it and getting a new one to keep the game fresh. What they don't understand is that they got an unfinished unpolished game for which we should 4 months after release be not so happy but hey instead there's a "thank you very much Eugen for making it a little less unfinished" in every patch.

tiago
Captain

Postby tiago » Fri 16 Aug 2013 12:57

Phips wrote:I feel your pain OP. I raged hard when I went into the deck menu seeing that all deck were missing 2-5 deckpoints. Its what we sadly have to go through because they all have failed at finishing this game.

And LOL ofc it can take 30min to redo decks, sometimes even longer. deck creation is one of the main aspects of the game. Its like the newer Soul Calibur games where everyone hangs out in the character editor.

btw the first Soul Calibur on Dreamcast FTW!

Some people enjoy this, having a new game every few weeks. Its like playing a mod then deleting it and getting a new one to keep the game fresh. What they don't understand is that they got an unfinished unpolished game for which we should 4 months after release be not so happy but hey instead there's a "thank you very much Eugen for making it a little less unfinished" in every patch.

Its almost impossible to get a balance game on the first try. You basically have 2 approachs, or you try to make a VERY realistic game and simply say.. to hell with balance.. balance is for ssissies, or you try to make a balanced game and its almost mandatory that you need to adjust to metagame changes.

Even starcraft 1, considered one of the most important RTS, competition wise , had several passes of balance to adjust the meta game shifts.

makhot
Warrant Officer

Postby makhot » Fri 16 Aug 2013 13:24

I hope you are trolling. If not, just stop and try to imagine how many hours it took to finish each balance patch, not even mentioning DLC. Which both are also free, which is means Eugen is creating them for us out of good will.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”