Wargame combined battle

Luzertof
First Sergeant

Re: the future of Airland battle

Postby Luzertof » Sun 25 Aug 2013 19:38

OpusTheFowl wrote:
Wargamer8 wrote:It took Eugen 2 years to make alb

Nope...less than one based on the announcement date...

This would be the first time in computer game history where a project was launched at or after the official announcement. :)

I could imagine Eugen hat lots of ideas from the time they made WEE as well as the first responses from community. That's basically the first step of development - gathering ideas. And that's, as said, usually done before a game is announced.

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sun 25 Aug 2013 19:55

Luzertof wrote:
OpusTheFowl wrote:
Wargamer8 wrote:It took Eugen 2 years to make alb
Nope...less than one based on the announcement date...
This would be the first time in computer game history where a project was launched at or after the official announcement. :)

I could imagine Eugen hat lots of ideas from the time they made WEE as well as the first responses from community. That's basically the first step of development - gathering ideas. And that's, as said, usually done before a game is announced.

WEE released: February 23, 2012
Sequal announced: August 10, 2012
WAB released: May 29, 2013

Not two years...

Zloba
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Zloba » Sun 25 Aug 2013 20:23

OpusTheFowl wrote:
Not two years...

I think he means that it's a common practice to be already working on the next game before the current is even launched. This has to do with specifics of development life cycle, new ideas cannot go into the current game build after a certain point.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Sun 25 Aug 2013 20:52

Wargamer8 wrote:
FUBAR1939 wrote:Yeah, dude i was thinking the same.

There will be a Wargame every year? just like CoD? I think that's lame. I don't even played that much of ALB and they want to kill this game already.

Red Dragon should be a DLC, not a new game. I don't even know why do a new game. Wait one more year. W: EE had 5 DLCs, this, only one. That's lame.

No one knows if DR is a dlc or stand alone game, or if it even exist. People just saw rumors on Facebook and assumed.

I'm sure the game will be released in 2015 or 2016. It took Eugen 2 years to make alb, so I doubt if its a game that it'll be released in 2014.

It's a standalone game, a sequel

After EE was released, Eugen said they were working on 2 games. One was ALB, the other was RD. It's been in development for a while, and it will be another 6 months before it's released.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

rrev
Sergeant First-Class

Postby rrev » Sun 25 Aug 2013 21:26

Engine upgrades. The main reason to buy it. But tbh, I'd buy anything these guys are throwing out. Their game is in the "special" (borderline unique) category of RTS. The one-of-a-kind type of games that pop up once every half-a decade or so. I doubt any competitor will pop-up anytime soon (because this game isn't popular enough).

Luzertof
First Sergeant

Postby Luzertof » Sun 25 Aug 2013 21:59

Yeah, you don't buy games from Eugen because of the game, you buy because of their community support and to keep them alive. Same as it was for Paradox when they were small.

QuoKoon
Sergeant

Postby QuoKoon » Sun 25 Aug 2013 22:50

East has no Power against West.

Only 4 Factions and mostly of them are using the Same Tactic while West can change it whenever they want.

If you dont Play Sojwets it´s very hard.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sun 25 Aug 2013 23:02

Some say WG3 was in the works parallel to WG2, but at lower key and mostly research based. Some say...

kiarr
Master Sergeant

Postby kiarr » Mon 26 Aug 2013 08:15

Luzertof wrote:Yeah, you don't buy games from Eugen because of the game, you buy because of their community support and to keep them alive. Same as it was for Paradox when they were small.

I think wargame is a damh good game ;)
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Mon 26 Aug 2013 09:52

A covering menu to enable access to each of the Wargames would be a good thing.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”