DLC2 announced!

Custer85
Second-Lieutenant

Re: DLC2 announced!

Postby Custer85 » Wed 28 Aug 2013 10:21

I wonder if they are bringing new units. My understanding is that they will not release new units through balancing patches and the new units from the first DLC were only there because they happened to be finished without making it into the game when it was released.

Iam looking foreward to the DLC.

Khaderbhai
Corporal

Postby Khaderbhai » Wed 28 Aug 2013 10:26

Man, I am speechless...

That kind of support is unbelievable.
Is there any way to support you guys (the devs)? I already have two copies :D

I know I am going to get slaughtered, but I wouldn't mind paying 5-10€ for the DLC.

Custer85
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Custer85 » Wed 28 Aug 2013 10:32

I think paying for the DLC wouldnt hurt most people, but it would definately split the community, as many people have the " no payed DLC for me" policy.
There are only about 1100-1800 people playing online when I do, so i think reducing the number of players, able to play against eachother could possibly kill the online portion of the game.

As long as its only some few maps, this might be ok, but getting some units with the DLC, that others can not have would be a problem.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Wed 28 Aug 2013 10:43

I didn't think Eugen had any intentions of further unit depth? I honestly think they should do reskins and further loadout additions for the nations before throwing them into the meat grinder of W:RD.

Eugen prides itself on customization, but many of the national decks could easily be given more units with so little effort;

Examples being the Phantom models for both the British and German forces;

You could easily add 20 units overnight with nothing more than a reskin or a copy paste loadout and name adjustment.

F4F ICE Phantom?

Keep the skin and give Germany a regular multi-role F4 Phantom HE bomber. Boom! Done.

Help continue this list for the other cool nations everybody. Adding the Leopard 2 line was as simple as one model and 3 textures.

The Harrier series for the US is the exact same texture for 3 different planes and the difference being loadout.

Tl;dr
I do encourage Eugen to look to adding more variety and unit depth with the existing units, models, and even the current textures. It's minimal effort and maximum benefit for ALB and into W:RD.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Wed 28 Aug 2013 10:56

If they are actually considering adding new units I hope they focus on giving the nations that won't be in Red Dragon's campaign more units and 90's prototypes (despite the fact that otherwise I don't like late prototypes) to help them be competitive in the next game.
Last edited by Mikeboy on Wed 28 Aug 2013 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Postby Mr0Buggy » Wed 28 Aug 2013 11:16

Iris wrote:I didn't think Eugen had any intentions of further unit depth? I honestly think they should do reskins and further loadout additions for the nations before throwing them into the meat grinder of W:RD.

Eugen prides itself on customization, but many of the national decks could easily be given more units with so little effort;

Examples being the Phantom models for both the British and German forces;

You could easily add 20 units overnight with nothing more than a reskin or a copy paste loadout and name adjustment.

F4F ICE Phantom?

Keep the skin and give Germany a regular multi-role F4 Phantom HE bomber. Boom! Done.

Help continue this list for the other cool nations everybody. Adding the Leopard 2 line was as simple as one model and 3 textures.

The Harrier series for the US is the exact same texture for 3 different planes and the difference being loadout.

Tl;dr
I do encourage Eugen to look to adding more variety and unit depth with the existing units, models, and even the current textures. It's minimal effort and maximum benefit for ALB and into W:RD.

Amen brother.

JCR
Corporal

Postby JCR » Wed 28 Aug 2013 11:17

Given the sort of useless other developers release as paid DLC, I would say a 5-10 Euro DLC containing many new units and maps would be fair.
Eugen has delivered so much fun its only fair they profit by it :)
Last edited by Graphic on Wed 28 Aug 2013 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Pilouthekiller
Sergeant

Postby Pilouthekiller » Wed 28 Aug 2013 11:38

DiabloTigerSix wrote::o 500 000 copies? I thought it was a lot more than that.
Let's assume the Wargame franchise has been in development for 3 years and that it will take another year to finish W:RD.

Let's assume that, on average, Eugen's income per copy is €12 after taxes and we know for a fact that Eugen System has 60 employees.

(<number of copies>*<income per copy>)/(<number of months to cover>*<number of employees>)

(500 000*12)/(48*60)

monthly income per employee= €2083

I must terribly wrong somewhere because I don't see how Eugen System can survive off that.
This post is not meant to be offensive, I'm sorry if it seems that way.

Hi,
In fact, France and Europe give money to help little compagny like Eugen to create their first games :)

rrev
Sergeant First-Class

Postby rrev » Wed 28 Aug 2013 11:41

I suppose they're meanwhile, working on Wargame RD while making this DLC. Otherwise it's not worth it (for me).

zogg513
Corporal

Postby zogg513 » Wed 28 Aug 2013 12:07

Yay! I just got my friend into this game! I love Eugen. Honestly, the way you guys act makes it difficult to not buy the next game you guys make. Damn your marketing strategy. :lol:

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”