T-64BM, a story....

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

T-64BM, a story....

Postby wekwek_noob » Sat 31 Aug 2013 15:54

Once upon a time, there was a game company named Eugen. They made wonderful titles and the latest one is named Wargame: Airland Battle. They opened the game to the public at Beta Phase. It was wonderful when they introduced deck creation. Then PACT players saw a tank. A tank named T-64BM. It came in 2 packs of 8. It had a wonderful 7 accuracy, 16 AP, 4 HE, 144 Suppression, 10 RoF, 2100m ranged cannon. Had a really decent armor of 16/7/3/3. It carried the Kobra ATGM. All for the cost of 80 points.

After a while, USSR players were dominating the field. Abrams did not have enough AP and armor to withstand these beasts. The Leopard 2 was too softskinned to defeat them.

Eugen discovered the cries of this imbalance. Unknown to the T-64BM, he was going to get the full force of the nerf hammer. Eugen made the first strike. The crowd cheers. Its price went up to 95 while the Abrams got a price decrease. The T-64BM still on par with price with the Abrams chewed it down with its power. Leopard 2s still cannot combat them. Another roar of imbalance came from the community. Eugen once again picked up the nerf hammer and bashed the T-64BM. It lost one pack while the Leopard 2s gotten cheaper.

The poor T-64BM was never to be touched again. You could have gotten T-64BVs with the same availability, more T-64Bs, T-80As, T-80Us, T-80BVs, T-72B1s. (Well now you cant get 8 T-64BVs but 1 pack of T-64BV and 1 pack of T-64BV1 is better...)

The end.

Now I just exaggerated the part that no one touches the T-64BMs. I have seen a handful of them at some matches. But ATM if you want to get the best for your deck, you would not take this tank.

The T-64BM was crazy OP I admit. But right now it needs some love. Im thinking either 2 packs of 6 availability or 1 pack of 12 availability.

We could actually give it +1 Acc and +1 AP to make it a unique tank. (Edit)
Last edited by wekwek_noob on Sun 1 Sep 2013 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kraxis
Major-General

Re: T-64BM, a story....

Postby Kraxis » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:09

I have to admit that when looking at the PACT tank roster, a lot of the mediums up until the 4ish best tanks have a surprisingly limited availability.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:14

Kraxis wrote:I have to admit that when looking at the PACT tank roster, a lot of the mediums up until the 4ish best tanks have a surprisingly limited availability.

You can thank beta whiners for that. There was a patch when PACT got nerfed so hard that QQ ruled the forums, and NATO got a similar treatment in the next patch, resulting in QQ even more than previously seen.

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:20

stratmania wrote:
Kraxis wrote:I have to admit that when looking at the PACT tank roster, a lot of the mediums up until the 4ish best tanks have a surprisingly limited availability.

You can thank beta whiners for that. There was a patch when PACT got nerfed so hard that QQ ruled the forums, and NATO got a similar treatment in the next patch, resulting in QQ even more than previously seen.

When was NATO nerfed so hard? I remembered the PACT is OP Purge nerf. All the T-80s got a price increase, T-72s got RoF decreases, T-64s got price increases and availability decreases, Buratino got nerfed so hard, BMPT got nerfed too, BMP-1Ds because of the BMPT nerf was also weakened, Spets nerfed, T-55s were nerfed quite hard.

All the NATO nerfs I remembered were a couple of infantry nerfs, AA nerf and HE bombs AoE nerf, ATGM carrying capacity nerf and Cluster nerf. (And the latter 3 also affected PACT)

orapier
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby orapier » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:23

Agreed. Honestly, the whole T64 line before the bvi needs to be looked at again. It's availability is so low, and cost so high that there is no reason to use another tank to fulfill it's job.
Graphic wrote:With RD it'll be possible to really hype it up as: this is the game, it's going to have badass support and free DLC, and it's not going anywhere

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:26

orapier wrote:Agreed. Honestly, the whole T64 line before the bvi needs to be looked at again. It's availability is so low, and cost so high that there is no reason to use another tank to fulfill it's job.

T-64B comes in good numbers. Losing 16 of them means your doing something wrong. Although the price for a soft skinned tank like that is too staggering to make it into your workhorse tank. T-64A is just. Ugh.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:31

wekwek_noob wrote:
stratmania wrote:

When was NATO nerfed so hard? I remembered the PACT is OP Purge nerf. All the T-80s got a price increase, T-72s got RoF decreases, T-64s got price increases and availability decreases, Buratino got nerfed so hard, BMPT got nerfed too, BMP-1Ds because of the BMPT nerf was also weakened, Spets nerfed, T-55s were nerfed quite hard.

All the NATO nerfs I remembered were a couple of infantry nerfs, AA nerf and HE bombs AoE nerf, ATGM carrying capacity nerf and Cluster nerf. (And the latter 3 also affected PACT)

I forgot the patch number, but it was the one after the massive availability nerf to USSR tanks.
I think PACT got rebuffed instead. Not nato nerfed. The one with the BMP3 getting the arkan.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:33

Victim of the overnerf.
I feel so sad for this Tank.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:36

Bryan wrote:Victim of the overnerf.

No, sad tank is sad.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:40

Kraxis wrote:
Bryan wrote:Victim of the overnerf.

No, sad tank is sad.

:D What's the real context of this picture?
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”