Y U GIVE AKULA....

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Y U GIVE AKULA....

Postby wekwek_noob » Fri 13 Sep 2013 09:50

Y U REDUCE AKULA RANGE TO 2975?!
Is it because of the decreased AA ranges on the Chapps?

But overall I like this change better. More accuracy and you can still outrange most Heli AA.

Post below if you dont like the Akula Change.

(Y U NERF Mi-24s of other countries? Only USSR needed that nerf because they can get 2 variants of attack helos)

RangerPL
Major

Re: Y U GIVE AKULA....

Postby RangerPL » Fri 13 Sep 2013 09:52

The KA-50 change doesn't concern me too much as I use the Akula primarily in an air-to-air capacity and any ground attack capabilities it has are just a bonus.

I suspect that the nerf to NSWP Mi-24s had to do with the fact that they're much too spammable in a mixed deck.

SteinerGER
Command Sergeant Major

Postby SteinerGER » Fri 13 Sep 2013 09:58

But overall I like this change better. More accuracy and you can still outrange most Heli AA.

Well, thats some sorta window dressing. The accuracy on the old Kamov was worse statwise yes. But at the current max range the accuracy was almost the same. :P So, this is just a hidden nerf to the Kamov which was too expensive to buy and maintain before the patch anyways. its now even more.

Concerning the Mi24.Yeah they were to spamable in mixed (who the fk played mixed PACT anyways? lol). The main culprit of all this stuff lies in the trait "prototype" called "prototype". the best would be to call it "national".
So eugen could decide freely what to "nationalize" insteadof looking for reasons to make it prototype due to year of introduction or weaponry.

my 2 cents

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Fri 13 Sep 2013 10:02

SteinerGER wrote:

Well, thats some sorta window dressing. The accuracy on the old Kamov was worse statwise yes. But at the current max range the accuracy was almost the same. :P So, this is just a hidden nerf to the Kamov which was too expensive to buy and maintain before the patch anyways. its now even more.

Concerning the Mi24.Yeah they were to spamable in mixed (who the fk played mixed PACT anyways? lol). The main culprit of all this stuff lies in the trait "prototype" called "prototype". the best would be to call it "national".
So eugen could decide freely what to "nationalize" insteadof looking for reasons to make it prototype due to year of introduction or weaponry.

my 2 cents

It actually makes sense....the +10% accuracy was compensation for the loss in range. Because with 8 Acc 3275m range ATGMs, the accuracy is more or less same when it closes 2975 range.

RangerPL
Major

Postby RangerPL » Fri 13 Sep 2013 10:04

SteinerGER wrote:who the fk played mixed PACT anyways? lol

I did, to spam hinds :mrgreen:

Kreved
Warrant Officer

Postby Kreved » Fri 13 Sep 2013 10:27

Kamov gets -200 range and +1 armor, Chaps get -350 range... I can't see why it's Ka-50 nerf. Overall, it's a buff. Very slight, but still.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 13 Sep 2013 12:11

wekwek_noob wrote:(Y U NERF Mi-24s of other countries? Only USSR needed that nerf because they can get 2 variants of attack helos)

There is another solution to this. When using certain national/era/specialized decks, one should be granted +100% bonus to cards of specific units in categories that contain only a few options, not even allowing you to fill them halfway through.

spyker92
Lieutenant

Postby spyker92 » Fri 13 Sep 2013 13:55

Kreved wrote:Kamov gets -200 range and +1 armor, Chaps get -350 range... I can't see why it's Ka-50 nerf. Overall, it's a buff. Very slight, but still.

It's a side grade at best. The ranges of the most commonly used AA weapons (gepards and chaps, and the veak 40 lol) will now match or outrange the Akula. The accuracy is roughly the same due to scaling, and 1 armour only protect it from rifle fire (not something thats all that useful tbh). Oh and now it only comes 3 per card. One of the other few advantages it had over the havoc.

The Akula sure as hell needed a nerf, and I won't argue that. It was completely outside the meta balance box with those missiles. But this side grading really did more harm then good. Give it 3150 range missiles so it matches the chaparral, it'll still have a counter in the Chaparral, and the buffed AAA will still only be out-ranged by < 300meters. So the micro needed to use it effectively will remain pretty high.

BeyondNight
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BeyondNight » Fri 13 Sep 2013 14:06

spyker92 wrote:
Kreved wrote:Kamov gets -200 range and +1 armor, Chaps get -350 range... I can't see why it's Ka-50 nerf. Overall, it's a buff. Very slight, but still.

It's a side grade at best. The ranges of the most commonly used AA weapons (gepards and chaps, and the veak 40 lol) will now match or outrange the Akula. The accuracy is roughly the same due to scaling, and 1 armour only protect it from rifle fire (not something thats all that useful tbh). Oh and now it only comes 3 per card. One of the other few advantages it had over the havoc.

The Akula sure as hell needed a nerf, and I won't argue that. It was completely outside the meta balance box with those missiles. But this side grading really did more harm then good. Give it 3150 range missiles so it matches the chaparral, it'll still have a counter in the Chaparral, and the buffed AAA will still only be out-ranged by < 300meters. So the micro needed to use it effectively will remain pretty high.

Although its ATGM's maybe be about the same or average now, although they still pack a whooping 28AP, and they did make it cost a lot less to re-arm so its ATGM;s are a lot more efficient at killing heavies now.

More importantly, it wont die to small arms or transport MG fire anymore, making it much more effective at countering heli's, and not have some ridiculous situation where 3 Dorners or CH-135's gang up on it and shred it so easily,dealing with other Helis and high value targets should be its primary job IMO, the more multi-role helicopters already exist for the USSR in more than enough flavors.

Personally i like the Change, i cant remember how many times they'd Waste those ATGM's on some truck that was just within range and itd cost me and arm and a leg to re-arm it so i could go take out the AA that was my intended target, or how many times i got caught in a swarm of transport helis and got owned, from what ive seen so far its much more consistent and survivable, which is exactly what it needed.
Spoiler : :

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 13 Sep 2013 14:43

spyker92 wrote:

Akula was friggin OP. could stay out of range if ALL AA except the Chap A1 and the only way to kill it without a Chap A1 was to throw a suicide jet at it sometimes it would shoot it down....

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”