Recommended Mod Management Tool

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Recommended Mod Management Tool

Postby Apocalypse31 » Sun 29 Sep 2013 19:46

Since there seem to be a few mods hitting the forums lately, I would highly recommend folks look at utilizing a mod called JS Generic Mod Enabler.

This tool allows you to keep your original files intalled and untouched. When this tool is installed, it will create a MODS folder within your game directory, then allow you to manage your mods. It will use the mod files like layers, temporarily installing them over your original files, but keeping your original files untouched. If you change your mind, simply revert your game back to the original files with one click.

Very handy tool, and helps players manage multiple mods while maintaining original files.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/15524005 ... v2.3.1.exe
RLTW

jubedy
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Recommended Mod Mangement Tool

Postby jubedy » Sun 29 Sep 2013 20:16

very useful, thanks! :) i would recommend that whoever is in charge of the sticky topic with all the tools and mods adds this
Spoiler : :

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Recommended Mod Management Tool

Postby bin.zwieda » Mon 30 Sep 2013 19:17

i´ve got an question:

can i use this tool to play vanilla, then mod 1, then mod 2, then mod 3, then vanilla, then mod 1, ...

without manually reinstalling/moving/copying anything?

in other words: is it possible to activate and deactivate several mods, installed in the same game-installation?

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Mon 30 Sep 2013 19:58

bin.zwieda wrote:i´ve got an question:

can i use this tool to play vanilla, then mod 1, then mod 2, then mod 3, then vanilla, then mod 1, ...

without manually reinstalling/moving/copying anything?

in other words: is it possible to activate and deactivate several mods, installed in the same game-installation?

Yes, thats the idea behind the tool. . The tool lets you plug and play mods.
RLTW

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Mon 30 Sep 2013 20:24

thanks for your quick reply!

that´s exactly what i was waiting for, before starting to sniff a bit into mods.
i like to have a bit of comfort, and not take care of moveing things in and out manually.

so, i like your tool already, before having even seen it "live".

edit: can you please tell us here, how to get it running?

i have a vanilla ALB-folder (backup of it done) and wanna install a mod...
what next?

there is no real manual/instruction included, as it seems to be a "universal" mod-manager, and not just ALB specific...

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Mon 30 Sep 2013 22:14

Just drop it into the game folder and click on the exe file. It will create a folder called MODS.

Create folders for each mod in the MODS folder, the program will use these files as an 'overlay' on your vanilla files.
RLTW

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Postby RedDevilCG » Mon 30 Sep 2013 22:49

I gave it a shot last night, got all my folders setup, and ran it but didn't seam to actually change anything in game after loading the mod in the tool.

I'll try fiddling with it again tonight.

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Mon 30 Sep 2013 22:55

hell... i thought, i was too stupid... ^^

i try to get it running with hobmod as a first test...

so i did my subfolder, put in the NDF_Win.dat file fro, the hobmod site and copied WarGame2.exe into my mod-folder, too.

if i activate the mod and start the game, i see the correct game-versionnumber (as mentioned on hobmod site) and i cant see any MP games (as expected)...

but i couldn´t find any ingame-stats changes in the armory so far... mayby you will laugh at me now...
:oops:

but i´m not sure a.t.m., if the mod is really running...
i´m checking the changes now, hobmod should show, to see, if it´s really running... ißll keep this updated.

edit: i definitely don´t get the stats-changes ,the mod should result in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 0ZlE#gid=0

shows hobmods changes...
no matter, if i activate the mod via this modmanager or not... i always see the vanilla stats in the armory...

edit 2: tested a second mod... the same... the mod is not activated, the supposed stats-changes are not there...

@apo31: are you really sure, that your mod(s) are/is REALLY active, when activated via this modmanager? do you really get the mod´s ingame-changes, the mod is supposed to have?

i doubt, this tool does really work with ALB...

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Tue 1 Oct 2013 00:12

Ok, so the program uses the MODS folder as an exact image of the vanilla file structure, so within that mods folder you need to create the necessary subfolders that mirror the same structure as your vanilla game. The Wargame2.exe should be in the /MODS/HobMod folder.
RLTW

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Tue 1 Oct 2013 12:27

do you place the mod´s NDF_Win.dat file and the wargame2.exe directly into the /MODS/HobMod folder?

anything else needed?

placing 2 files to some needed location can´t bee too much of rocket-science, i guess...
;-)

and if you placed something else and/or used some subfolders, can you please simply tell the file-paths in here?

like this:

/installed Gamedirectory/MODS/HobMod/wargame2.exe
/installed Gamedirectory/MODS/HobMod/subfoldername1/subfildername2/.../NDF_Win.dat

as i ain´t got access to my gaming-pc till this evening, i can´t test it myselves, to create some needed folder-structure for the NDF file.

Return to “Modding”