F117-NightHawks

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby Azaz3l » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:09

von_bock wrote:The what, now? Did you know there is a "spread out" command?

If you can spread out units right after Nighthawk unleashed its bomb then you must have sort of unhuman reaction time. Spreading them won't have that much effect anyways since the huge blast and enormous moral suppression. And Nighthawk's bomb is also guided so it'll damage atleast one unit.
von_bock wrote:Did you know that you can call in units individually?

I don't click 50 times per second.
von_bock wrote:Oh, wait. Perhaps by "armored assault" you mean "high speed move along a road, guns blazing ineffectively" - W:EE style.

Don't assume your tactics to someone else.
von_bock wrote:But then, those can be stopped, and rather easily, by any cluster bomber.

Cluster bomber has a chance to get shot down before it releases all its bombs. Nighthawk releases its bomb and gets shot down after that in 99% of the cases.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:15

Azaz3l wrote:Cluster bomber has a chance to get shot down before it releases all its bombs.

To be technical: I rarely see bombers unable to unload the full payload even when getting shot at, but your point still stands;
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

EvilFrog
Corporal

Postby EvilFrog » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:17

When the F-117 destroys helicopters. That are not on the ground.
I think it's not normal.

DinDong
Sergeant First-Class

Postby DinDong » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:19

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
DinDong wrote:That is a bug??? Its been like that since the beta that is what makes it so good at sniping units or am i wrong?

YES! It's a bug since the beta and often reported. It's not that easy to fix (like many people maybe think) this bug for several reasons. As i said before - FLX will have a look again on this problem and try to find a solution for it ;)

So that means the right-click to win feature of the nighthawk will be gone eventually?

Since i play both sides

From the pact side view its pretty amazing wont have to deal with that anymore, but on the US side im pretty shocked actually, because that is what made it so unique...i guess theres less reason to put them back in my deck.

BTW i did not mean anything like that when i said "its been around since the beta". What i actually meant is that it has been around for so long, i never actually thought it was a bug

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:20

EvilFrog wrote:When the F-117 destroys helicopters. That are not on the ground.
I think it's not normal.

Thats okay.
The blast can destroy helicopters as they are quite fragile.

Kamil
Lieutenant

Postby Kamil » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:39

Bryan wrote:
EvilFrog wrote:When the F-117 destroys helicopters. That are not on the ground.
I think it's not normal.

Thats okay.
The blast can destroy helicopters as they are quite fragile.

How about stunning jets with f-117 bomb? (On high altitude).

von_bock
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby von_bock » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:52

Azaz3l wrote:If you can spread out units right after Nighthawk unleashed its bomb then you must have sort of unhuman reaction time. Spreading them won't have that much effect anyways since the huge blast and enormous moral suppression. And Nighthawk's bomb is also guided so it'll damage atleast one unit.

You spread them out BEFORE. And keep them spread out. And generally don't offer targets worth an F-117 sortie.
I don't click 50 times per second.

50 per minute then? or maybe switch to turn-based games?
Cluster bomber has a chance to get shot down before it releases all its bombs. Nighthawk releases its bomb and gets shot down after that in 99% of the cases.

What I meant is, the Nighthawk is not unique in being able to stop a column. The problems lie elsewhere.

EDIT: I see I got you a bit riled up. I am not saying that the F-117 is fine as it is. It is less OP than it used to be, but it's still damn near un-counterable enough to make it a game-winning unit. A nerf/fix is in order, or perhaps a buff to its natural enemy, the MiG-31 (fat chance, I know).

Luzertof
First Sergeant

Postby Luzertof » Fri 25 Oct 2013 14:17

Just had one of those games today.

My mate being unskilled wasn't able to shoot down the two F-117 that were harrassing him because he used OSA AK and Tunguska instead of BUK(-M1).

Once the enemy tried to attack me he lost both his F-117 in the first run, as well as his Raven.

As most things in the game playing F-117 and defending against are skill based.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 14:23

Luzertof wrote:My mate being unskilled wasn't able to shoot down the two F-117 that were harrassing him because he used OSA AK and Tunguska instead of BUK(-M1).

OSA AKM make short work of F-117 too thanks to the RoF, too bad they ahve horrible availability.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Luzertof
First Sergeant

Postby Luzertof » Fri 25 Oct 2013 14:38

DeuZerre wrote:
Luzertof wrote:My mate being unskilled wasn't able to shoot down the two F-117 that were harrassing him because he used OSA AK and Tunguska instead of BUK(-M1).

OSA AKM make short work of F-117 too thanks to the RoF, too bad they ahve horrible availability.

They lack range and miss often. Also, I wrote OSA AK. That's the version with even less range... He really had a strange deck.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”