F117-NightHawks

User avatar
Azaz3l
Brigadier
Posts: 3295
Joined: Sat 1 Oct 2011 10:38
Location: Bus 410
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby Azaz3l » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:09

von_bock wrote:The what, now? Did you know there is a "spread out" command?

If you can spread out units right after Nighthawk unleashed its bomb then you must have sort of unhuman reaction time. Spreading them won't have that much effect anyways since the huge blast and enormous moral suppression. And Nighthawk's bomb is also guided so it'll damage atleast one unit.
von_bock wrote:Did you know that you can call in units individually?

I don't click 50 times per second.
von_bock wrote:Oh, wait. Perhaps by "armored assault" you mean "high speed move along a road, guns blazing ineffectively" - W:EE style.

Don't assume your tactics to someone else.
von_bock wrote:But then, those can be stopped, and rather easily, by any cluster bomber.

Cluster bomber has a chance to get shot down before it releases all its bombs. Nighthawk releases its bomb and gets shot down after that in 99% of the cases.
Image

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:15

Azaz3l wrote:Cluster bomber has a chance to get shot down before it releases all its bombs.

To be technical: I rarely see bombers unable to unload the full payload even when getting shot at, but your point still stands;
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

EvilFrog
Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon 2 Sep 2013 11:48
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby EvilFrog » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:17

When the F-117 destroys helicopters. That are not on the ground.
I think it's not normal.

User avatar
DinDong
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue 23 Apr 2013 19:48
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby DinDong » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:19

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
DinDong wrote:That is a bug??? Its been like that since the beta that is what makes it so good at sniping units or am i wrong?


YES! It's a bug since the beta and often reported. It's not that easy to fix (like many people maybe think) this bug for several reasons. As i said before - FLX will have a look again on this problem and try to find a solution for it ;)


So that means the right-click to win feature of the nighthawk will be gone eventually?

Since i play both sides

From the pact side view its pretty amazing wont have to deal with that anymore, but on the US side im pretty shocked actually, because that is what made it so unique...i guess theres less reason to put them back in my deck.


BTW i did not mean anything like that when i said "its been around since the beta". What i actually meant is that it has been around for so long, i never actually thought it was a bug

Bryan
General
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon 7 Jan 2013 07:16
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:20

EvilFrog wrote:When the F-117 destroys helicopters. That are not on the ground.
I think it's not normal.

Thats okay.
The blast can destroy helicopters as they are quite fragile.

Kamil
Lieutenant
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu 25 Apr 2013 22:43
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby Kamil » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:39

Bryan wrote:
EvilFrog wrote:When the F-117 destroys helicopters. That are not on the ground.
I think it's not normal.

Thats okay.
The blast can destroy helicopters as they are quite fragile.

How about stunning jets with f-117 bomb? (On high altitude).

von_bock
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2012 10:24
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby von_bock » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:52

Azaz3l wrote:If you can spread out units right after Nighthawk unleashed its bomb then you must have sort of unhuman reaction time. Spreading them won't have that much effect anyways since the huge blast and enormous moral suppression. And Nighthawk's bomb is also guided so it'll damage atleast one unit.

You spread them out BEFORE. And keep them spread out. And generally don't offer targets worth an F-117 sortie.
I don't click 50 times per second.

50 per minute then? or maybe switch to turn-based games?
Cluster bomber has a chance to get shot down before it releases all its bombs. Nighthawk releases its bomb and gets shot down after that in 99% of the cases.

What I meant is, the Nighthawk is not unique in being able to stop a column. The problems lie elsewhere.

EDIT: I see I got you a bit riled up. I am not saying that the F-117 is fine as it is. It is less OP than it used to be, but it's still damn near un-counterable enough to make it a game-winning unit. A nerf/fix is in order, or perhaps a buff to its natural enemy, the MiG-31 (fat chance, I know).

Luzertof
First Sergeant
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed 5 Jun 2013 18:11
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby Luzertof » Fri 25 Oct 2013 14:17

Just had one of those games today.

My mate being unskilled wasn't able to shoot down the two F-117 that were harrassing him because he used OSA AK and Tunguska instead of BUK(-M1).

Once the enemy tried to attack me he lost both his F-117 in the first run, as well as his Raven.


As most things in the game playing F-117 and defending against are skill based.

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 14:23

Luzertof wrote:My mate being unskilled wasn't able to shoot down the two F-117 that were harrassing him because he used OSA AK and Tunguska instead of BUK(-M1).

OSA AKM make short work of F-117 too thanks to the RoF, too bad they ahve horrible availability.
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Luzertof
First Sergeant
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed 5 Jun 2013 18:11
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Contact:

Re: F117-NightHawks

Postby Luzertof » Fri 25 Oct 2013 14:38

DeuZerre wrote:
Luzertof wrote:My mate being unskilled wasn't able to shoot down the two F-117 that were harrassing him because he used OSA AK and Tunguska instead of BUK(-M1).

OSA AKM make short work of F-117 too thanks to the RoF, too bad they ahve horrible availability.


They lack range and miss often. Also, I wrote OSA AK. That's the version with even less range... He really had a strange deck.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests