Col_Sandfurz wrote:I like your intentions fir this patch and I am sure that you & the Marshalls tested it properly.
I may be a bit inexperienced, but why has every nation be buffed, except W-Germany?
They only got a bit mor accuracy to the Leo 1 and some more Jagdpanzers..
Has W-Germany been so good before the patch to not letting them have part on the buff-party?
To be fair, W-Germany only had a few problems, some of them historically so (lack of SEAD e.g.).
The greatest weakness was the lack of HE bombs and napalm, and generally the lack of close air support options – which is strange considering the vast majority of the Luftwaffe was primed for CAS, only the four fighter and recce wings had other primary roles, and even they had secondary CAS mission profiles. When you got the largest tank army ever standing ready to roll over you, this is hardly surprising.
Long story short, we needed better A-G options, and we got at least the HE bombs, this may play out very well, especially since the F-104 comes in cheap.
But I also fear the lack of buffs compared to other nations may leave W-Germany a bit behind. I think we will fall from a solid shared second place within NATO (behind US, second place shared with France) to a third or even fourth place. And the bomb load of the F-104G may be too low to make a difference in cities.
Some snippet thoughts:
1) Marder Roland nerf – not worried, ever since the last patch nerf it was relegated to anti-plane services.
2) Fernspäher – changes seem good, a bit limited compared to their historical role, but it probably benefits the role it has in game.
3) BGS nerf – that will hurt big time!
4) M48 buff – the G2 is a good defensive tank for rearward positions already, with the buff it will be even better.
5) Leo 1 buffs – insignificant in the overall scheme of W-German things, for NATO minors however...
6) Leo 1 A5 availability – insignificant, so sad, could have been the saving grace of the German Leo 1-line.
7) German vehicle buffs – good changes, but nothing decisive.
The E-Germany buffs however looks very good, combined with a more useful SPAAG they will make it a little more competitive without changing the style.