New version (v1553) aka "Mother of all patch"

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Re: New version (v1553) aka "Mother of all patch"

Postby Flieger » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:01

Col_Sandfurz wrote:I like your intentions fir this patch and I am sure that you & the Marshalls tested it properly.
I may be a bit inexperienced, but why has every nation be buffed, except W-Germany?
They only got a bit mor accuracy to the Leo 1 and some more Jagdpanzers..
Has W-Germany been so good before the patch to not letting them have part on the buff-party?

To be fair, W-Germany only had a few problems, some of them historically so (lack of SEAD e.g.).

The greatest weakness was the lack of HE bombs and napalm, and generally the lack of close air support options – which is strange considering the vast majority of the Luftwaffe was primed for CAS, only the four fighter and recce wings had other primary roles, and even they had secondary CAS mission profiles. When you got the largest tank army ever standing ready to roll over you, this is hardly surprising.

Long story short, we needed better A-G options, and we got at least the HE bombs, this may play out very well, especially since the F-104 comes in cheap.

But I also fear the lack of buffs compared to other nations may leave W-Germany a bit behind. I think we will fall from a solid shared second place within NATO (behind US, second place shared with France) to a third or even fourth place. And the bomb load of the F-104G may be too low to make a difference in cities.

Some snippet thoughts:
1) Marder Roland nerf – not worried, ever since the last patch nerf it was relegated to anti-plane services.
2) Fernspäher – changes seem good, a bit limited compared to their historical role, but it probably benefits the role it has in game.
3) BGS nerf – that will hurt big time!
4) M48 buff – the G2 is a good defensive tank for rearward positions already, with the buff it will be even better.
5) Leo 1 buffs – insignificant in the overall scheme of W-German things, for NATO minors however...
6) Leo 1 A5 availability – insignificant, so sad, could have been the saving grace of the German Leo 1-line.
7) German vehicle buffs – good changes, but nothing decisive.

The E-Germany buffs however looks very good, combined with a more useful SPAAG they will make it a little more competitive without changing the style.

Mazz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mazz » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:12

Play W Germany Mechanized, never look back. With the changes to infantry and supply, they may actually round out to one of the best decks in the game.

stug41
Second-Lieutenant

Postby stug41 » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:14

CantRushThis wrote:
stug41 wrote:You removed M60A1 USMC from USMC type decks and lowered the off-road speed, what gives? That's not in the notes.

I think it's a mistake. The original M60A1 USMC got renamed to the AOS version and is still available. The "new" M60A1 USMC is actually the old, low-end M60 formerly not available to them. That's why it still retains its old deck specializations.

Makes sense.

animalshadow
Sergeant First-Class

Postby animalshadow » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:14

Amazing job!
Gonna try it tonight :)
Never apologize for being right!

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:16

I'm loving every change I see in there so far, but mainly one of the smaller things:

Logistics category slot AP costs reduced by 1 point on the 4th slot. This is good news, I've been excluding FOBs for a long time for the simple reason that having CVs, trucks and a FOB used too many activation points.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:22

Disappointed to not see any of Xeno's suggestions of changes to the UK Harriers though, they still all just have the HE bomb loadout as far as I can tell.

AntiAirMan
Sergeant First-Class

Postby AntiAirMan » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:30

Mazz wrote:Play W Germany Mechanized, never look back. With the changes to infantry and supply, they may actually round out to one of the best decks in the game.

hi, do you have any video(yt or similiar) or replay?
Would be interested to see you deck in action?

LightMonk
First Sergeant

Postby LightMonk » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:31

What is the reasoning to further nerf a USSR Deck for example by only allowing 3x T80Us now ?
It is not like the PACT Team has many Heavy Tanks while with the coming DLC NATO can almost spam Heavys.
It's not like they are cheap either with 170 Points and they are like a blackhole sucking in supply for their 3 Missiles which aren't hitting often either.

And the Apache and KIOWA is almost (and sometimes) killing a T80U in one shot.

Feels like the 3rd nerf of Russian Decks since I play. (For example the nerf of the Akula (had 2x 3300m Ap-Missiles which used 1000Points of Support to replenish them) and the buff of the Gepard, akula was like the Nighthawk of the russians before the nerf, and to counter a nighthawk you need 2 BUK-M1 and a Tunguska 2KM and maybe a Scout + the bait the nighthawk should drop on...)

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:32

Also, Challenger Mk 1 availability nerfed to 1 card, didn't see that in the changelog.... :(

Darasuum
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Darasuum » Tue 26 Nov 2013 15:33

Also Leopard 1A5, 2 cards now instead of 1? :P

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”